Author Topic: Some viruses have great therapeutic value  (Read 492 times)

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
  • ~You are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
Seth:

“Some viruses have great therapeutic value. The physical body will often let down its own barriers to these, knowing they will counteract certain others that are not beneficial at the time.” NOPR Ses. 631, page 120

“It is known that one disease can cure another; sometimes, left alone, an individual will go from a serious disease through a series of less severe ones that are seemingly unrelated to the original problem.” page 121

“The body knows how to handle ‘natural’ drugs coming directly from the earth—whether ground or boiled, minced or steamed. A large variety of ‘manufactured’ drugs offer an unfamiliarity to the body’s innate structure, which can led to strong defense mechanisms. These are often aimed directly against the drug instead of the disease itself. Such a situation means that you must then use another drug to counteract the one just given.”  pg. 121

Mayo Clinic:

"First to Show Virotherapy is Promising Against Multiple Myeloma

"In a proof of principle clinical trial, Mayo Clinic researchers have demonstrated that virotherapy — destroying cancer with a virus that infects and kills cancer cells but spares normal tissues — can be effective against the deadly cancer multiple myeloma. The findings appear in the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings."

http://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-cl
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 03:45:52 PM by Deb »

Offline Sena

I am resurrecting this thread from 2015 because I feel the topic is quite important. Seth had a lot to say about viruses:

"Specific inoculations are given under various conditions. They are bound to affect the biological system. The people who take such inoculations within your own culture, now, usually do so because they do not want the disease specified, and they believe that the inoculation will prevent it. It is impossible to tell ahead of time how many of those individuals would come down with the disease otherwise, yet diseases do come and go whether or not inoculations are given. The mechanisms operate in such a fashion that by now overall belief has come to such a point that the same results would almost be effected if an inoculation of no particular value were given instead. The mind is as effective against viruses as anything else—and in such hypothetical cases immune reactions would be set up biologically, through the mind’s beliefs."
—TPS4 Deleted Session December 12, 1977

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
    • Like us on Facebook!
Quote from: Sena
Seth had a lot to say about viruses:

Yes, he sure did, and I believe it. Seth has changed the way I view a lot of things, this being one of them. I never questioned viruses and vaccinations until I read Seth. Then I became a member of The Weston Price Organization and there are always articles in the quarterly newsletter about Big Pharma and hidden truths behind statistics and studies in both medications and vaccinations. The Fall newsletter had an article on polio vaccinations. From the article, it sounds like Salk's vaccine caused more cases of polio than what would have naturally occurred.

"Between 1923 and 1953 (before the Salk vaccine’s introduction), the polio death rate in the U.S. had declined on its own by 47 percent; England had observed a similar pattern, with a 55 percent decline. Following the use of Salk’s vaccine between 1955 and 1963, however, cases of polio in the U.S. increased—by 50 percent from 1957 to 1958 and by 80 percent between 1958 and 1959."

I don't get flu shots, and I don't think I've had the flu, but I've heard a lot of people say that they come down with the flu after being vaccinated. Is it because they are being injected with the flu virus? Or is it because they were focused on the flu and afraid of getting sick? Weston Price's Winter newsletter gives a thumbs up review of a book titled Body Belief by Aimee Raupp (Hay House, no surprise there). It's all about autoimmune diseases and while she attributes AI disease to leaky gut syndrome, she also stresses the element of belief. She says our bodies hear what we think about ourselves 100% of the time, what are we telling it? She also mentions Bruce Lipton and epigenetics in the book. Science's way of explaining what Seth said so long ago. From the review:

"Her premise is this: just as autoimmunity represents the body attacking itself on the cellular level, on an emotional level people with autoimmune disease are attacking themselves with toxic thoughts. To be truly well, this must stop. Though beliefs directly affect chemicals in the brain, we can change our beliefs by taking an honest look at what we say to ourselves about our self-worth, relationships and ability to heal. Offering tools to change inner conversations to become more healing and uplifting, Raupp proposes a goal of building new habits of thought."

I've always loved this quote from Seth:

"The breast cancer suggestions associated with self-examinations have caused more cancers than any treatments have cured (most emphatically). They involve intense meditation of the body, and adverse imagery that itself affects the bodily cells. Public health announcements about high blood pressure themselves raise the blood pressure of millions of television viewers (even more emphatically)."

—NoME Chapter 2: Session 805, May 16, 1977

Offline jbseth

Hi Sena, Hi All,

Sena, thanks for restarting this topic. It is an extremely interesting one.

Recently I discovered that in DEaVF1, Chapter 6, Session 906, Seth had some very interesting things to say about viruses.

In this session, first he told us that the body contains all kinds of viruses, including the deadly ones. Then he told us that our bodies use viruses to flush out our systems. After this he tells us that sometimes we throw off viruses from our bodies, kind of like how a skunk sprays whenever it becomes frightened.

Then he gave a great example of how one of Rob and Jane's visitors, upon returning from the Olympics, did just this very thing. As a result of this, Rob and Jane’s bodies “exuberantly” used them to regenerate their immune systems. This resulted in Rob and Jane coming down with full-blown colds (according to Rob’s notes that precede this session).

I’ve captured the part of this session where Seth talks about these issues in the spoiler below. Seth had even more things to say about viruses in the remainder of this session. I’ll leave it up to you to check it for yourself, if you’re interested.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-jbseth

Offline Sena

Quote from: jbseth
More is always involved, however, for those viruses that you consider communicable do indeed in one way or another represent communications on a biological level. They are biological statements, literally social communications, biologically made, and they can be of many kinds.

jbseth, thanks for this quote. We need to stop regarding viruses as "enemies".

Offline jbseth

Hi Sena, Hi All,

Yeah I agree Sena. If Seth is correct about what he says about viruses, and I think that he very well may be, then how we think about viruses and disease is all wrong.

In the notes of Session 906, the session I referenced above, Rob references Seth’s comments from TES1, Session 17. In this session Seth says the following:

The viruses and infections were of course present. They always are. They are themselves fragments, struggling small fragments without intention of harm. You have general immunity, believe it or not, to all such viruses and infections. Ideally you can inhabit a plane with them without fear. It is only when you give tacit agreement that harm is inflicted upon you by these fragments. To some degree, lesser, dependent lives such as household pets are dependent upon your psychic strength. They have their own, it is true, but unknowingly you reinforce their energy and health. 

If,

The body contains all kinds of viruses, including those considered deadly,…

and as Seth says in Session 906, and along with this, if,

You have general immunity, believe it or not, to all such viruses and infections. Ideally you can inhabit a plane with them without fear.

as Seth says in Session 17, then it seems to me that how we think about viruses and disease, as guided from our medical establishment, must be erroneous. 

I’m with Deb in her reply 2 statement above, why would we ever need to subject ourselves to a “flu” shot or any other type of shot.

-jbseth

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
    • Like us on Facebook!
Quote from: seth
The viruses and infections were of course present. They always are. They are themselves fragments, struggling small fragments without intention of harm. You have general immunity, believe it or not, to all such viruses and infections. Ideally you can inhabit a plane with them without fear. It is only when you give tacit agreement that harm is inflicted upon you by these fragments. To some degree, lesser, dependent lives such as household pets are dependent upon your psychic strength. They have their own, it is true, but unknowingly you reinforce their energy and health.

I remember years ago reading one of Bruce Lipton's books where he said that we are constantly covered in germs and bacteria, and that we live in balance with them. When we are under a lot of stress (and humans tend to do that to ourselves on a regular basis, real crisis or imagined), stress hormones direct energy away from the immune system to other systems to prepare for fight or flight and that balance becomes imbalanced in germs' favor. If we do that for a long enough time, we will get sick as germs then have the upper hand and overpopulate. That's stuck with me. Thinking about that now, coming down with a cold or flu often gives us the opportunity to take a break from the stress and recover. While Seth says dis-eases are a symptom of some internal conflict, I think that's different than coming down with a cold or flu virus. Seth's saying viruses can flush out our system or even shore up our immune system makes sense. I remember reading many years ago that people who catch colds once or twice a year tend to not get cancer. I don't know if that was ever proven.

I'm also glad to see he mentions pets, because I tend to see animals as removed from human baggage and hangups, and yet they also get sick. It makes sense that our domesticated pets' health would be affected by us, especially when medicine is involved. I have stories to tell.

I don't imagine diabetes occurs in wildlife, and yet I've seen many obese dogs and cats needing regular insulin shots. I wonder what Seth would have said about rabies?

Hah, I did find one quote from TPS4, I'll look into it a little more but it doesn't seem like he would explain the virus from the animal's perspective (note he also mentions the Salk vaccine!):

"Individual belief systems come into strong play, of course. You had difficulties yourself with the Salk *(polio) *vaccines. You were afraid to take the treatment and afraid not to. You each had complications. On another occasion you received inoculations—I believe a rabies treatment in California."

—TPS4 Deleted Session December 12, 1977

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Twelve divided by two (word):