Author Topic: Seth on Speakers  (Read 141 times)

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
"ISO Speakers: Only serious need apply."

Who are Speakers? What do they Speak about? How do they know what they know? Do they need special training? Special skills? How did they get to be Speakers? Ever wonder if YOU'RE a Speaker?

I've been re-reading some of the Seth books in audio thanks to @T.M. posting a link to YouTube and Tim Hart Hart's channel. For some reason, I became very interested in Speakers where in the past I was only mildly curious. I'm definitely not a Speaker myself, but we all have to start somewhere and I do my best to share Seth's insights with other people in a non-obtrusive way and without mentioning where the information comes from. I just like making people think rather than clobbering them over the head with what they may see as strange but creative ideas…

Seth on Speakers—he had a lot to say. This is only a fraction of what is written. I'll put these in Session number and limit this to Seth Speaks for the moment.

Sess. 558: (Appendix, Rob: The term "Speaker," as Seth uses it, was as unknown to Jane and me then as it was to Ron and his family.)

Seth to ESP class member Ron: "In a life in the east before the time of Christ, 1200 B.C., you were a member of a body of men who belonged to an esoteric heritage. You were wanderers and traveled also through Asia Minor. You carried with you in your heads messages and laws that had been given to one of your kind in a time that was already nearly forgotten. These were codes of ethics. They originated from the time of Atlantis. Before that, these codes were given by a race from another star. This race had to do with the origin of Atlantis. The messages were put into words and language and written down at the time of Atlantis, but after that they were handed down by word of mouth. Your people learned them from their elders, and they were called Speakers. You were a Speaker. This is why you find it so easy to call others your brothers."

"…You traveled through Asia Minor in a time of great turmoil, and wherever you went you spoke — which means you gave utterance to the ethics. It took you twelve years of training to memorize this code of ethics. Now later the Essenes were involved. I am not sure of the word."

Rob: …"(Ten sessions after this one, Seth told Jane and me that we had been Speakers also, although he said nothing about dates or countries, or whether Jane, Ron, or I might be renewing acquaintances made in other, perhaps very ancient times….)"

Ses. 568, SS: To be continuedl

Ses. 569, SS: "Generally speaking (smile), once a Speaker always a Speaker, in your terms. [...] The Speakers possess an extraordinary vividness of feeling and thought projection."

They can impress others with greater import through their communications. They can move from inner to outer reality with easy ability. They know instinctively how to use symbolism. They are highly creative on an unconscious level, constantly forming psychic frameworks beneath normal consciousness that can be used both by themselves and others in dream and trance states. They often appear to others in the dream condition, and they help dreamers in the manipulation of inner reality. They form images with which the dreamers can relate, images that can be used as bridges and then as gateways into kinds of consciousness more separated from your own.

"[...]The Speakers were not confined in their activities, therefore, to waking consciousness. In all periods of your time they went about their duties both in the waking and sleep state.  Much of the most pertinent information, in fact, was memorized by trainees during the dream condition, and passed on in the same manner. Such training still goes on. [...] Some Speakers confine their abilities to the dream state; and, waking, are largely unconscious of their own abilities or experience."

[…]The Egyptian religion as largely based upon the work of the Speakers, and great care was given to their training. [Distortions eventually destroyed the religion.]

"It is very possible for one dreamer who is a Speaker, to go to the aid of another individual who is having some difficulties in an inner reality within the dream state. [...] A good Speaker is as effective within one reality as he is within the other, creating psychic frameworks within physical reality as well as within interior environments. Many artists, poets, and musicians are Speakers, translating one world in terms of another, forming psychic structures that exist in both with great vitality — structures that may be perceived from more than one reality at once."

Sess. 570: To be continued.

Sess. 578: "The Speakers are gifted according to their own characters, some having far more abilities than others, but all playing roles in the communication of inner data. In your terms, therefore, some Speakers would be much more accomplished than others. For example, there have been a far smaller number of truly prominent Speakers than the number given."

"The greatest Speakers do not only translate and communicate inner data, but also go much further into these inner realms of reality than others connected with your physical system. They add, then, to the basic inner data. The greatest Speakers have not needed the intensive training necessary for most. Their unique combination of characteristics has made this unnecessary."

More to come.

Offline jbseth

Hi Deb, Hi All,

Hey Deb, thanks for this interesting new topic on the “Speakers”. I think this is a great topic. Here’s my thoughts on this topic.

To me, when Seth talked about the speakers, he seemed to be talking about them in several different contexts, depending upon the specific conversation that occurred. At the bottom of this post, I’ve copied 3 of Deb’s quotes in her your post above, to demonstrate what I mean by this.

In one conversation, quote 1 below, Seth seemed to be talking about the people, like Ron, who lived about 1200 BC who were passing on a “code of ethics” that was “learned” by word of mouth.

Then, in another conversation (quote 2 and quote 3 below) he seemed to be talking about speakers in a very different context.

In Quote 3 he was talking about the 30 or so great speakers like Christ or Buddha and how they differed from other speakers in that they could go much further than others in translating inner data into terms we could understand.

Then in Quote 2, he seemed to be pointing out that there were many speakers, and how these many speakers were gifted according to their own characters, some having far more abilities than others.

Given this then, it doesn’t appear to me that all the speakers were doing the same thing.
Some seemed to be passing on a learned code of ethics, while others seemed to be going within and translating inner data.

Thus, I’m not sure we should assume that all speakers were necessarily presenting the same message, and I’m not sure that we should assume that none of the speakers messages don’t contain some human filter bias or distortion in it.

Quote 1:
Seth to ESP class member Ron: "In a life in the east before the time of Christ, 1200 B.C., you were a member of a body of men who belonged to an esoteric heritage. You were wanderers and traveled also through Asia Minor. You carried with you in your heads messages and laws that had been given to one of your kind in a time that was already nearly forgotten. These were codes of ethics. They originated from the time of Atlantis. Before that, these codes were given by a race from another star. This race had to do with the origin of Atlantis. The messages were put into words and language and written down at the time of Atlantis, but after that they were handed down by word of mouth. Your people learned them from their elders, and they were called Speakers. You were a Speaker. This is why you find it so easy to call others your brothers."

Quote 2:
Sess. 578: "The Speakers are gifted according to their own characters, some having far more abilities than others, but all playing roles in the communication of inner data. In your terms, therefore, some Speakers would be much more accomplished than others. For example, there have been a far smaller number of truly prominent Speakers than the number given."

Quote 3:
"The greatest Speakers do not only translate and communicate inner data, but also go much further into these inner realms of reality than others connected with your physical system. They add, then, to the basic inner data. The greatest Speakers have not needed the intensive training necessary for most. Their unique combination of characteristics has made this unnecessary."

jbseth

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
The opposite of black:
Twelve divided by two (word):