Ancient mammal like animals

Started by jbseth, November 23, 2018, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

I just saw this article on the internet (see website below) that claims there was an elephant size mammal like animal that lived amongst the dinosaurs some 200 million years ago.

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2018-11-22/surprising-elephant-sized-mammal-cousin-lived-alongside-dinosaurs.

It's articles like this that lead me to believe that Seth really knew what he was talking about.

jbseth

Deb

Thanks for the article! I have a hard time picturing a mammal with a beak and tusks, if they determine they had them.

What did Seth say that you relate to this? Is it where he talks about how animals did not evolved from other animals, they "were suddenly endowed with full physical manifestation..." (not necessarily all at the same time) ? Or something else?

"Birds did not come from reptiles. They were always birds. They expressed a certain kind of consciousness that sought a certain kind of form (all intently). Physically the species appeared — all species appeared — in the same way that you might imagine all of the elements of a highly complicated dream suddenly coming alive with physical properties. Mental images — in those terms, now — existed that "in a flash of cosmic inspiration" were suddenly endowed with full physical manifestation."
—NoME Chapter 10: Session 872, August 8, 1979

So the chicken or the egg? Sounds to me like the chicken would have appeared first, with the right tools to reproduce. Hmmm, the Lisowicia, being a "mammal cousin" makes me wonder if they had live birth. I need to look up "mammal-like reptiles."