Mind over matter in a non-believer

Started by Sena, March 27, 2019, 11:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

This is from a biography of Field Marshall Montgomery, who was the British commander during the Second World War. It is interesting because he had no interest in esoteric matters, but he was determined to recover from a deadly illness (diphtheria) so that he could serve his country:

"Shortly before his departure from Palestine to take on his new job, he fell seriously ill. The doctors were not certain, but thought he might have been stricken with diphtheria. He was sent for treatment to a military hospital near Haifa, where his condition continued to deteriorate, though he was still strong enough to insist on being shipped home. When he left Haifa by ship, he was so ill that it was believed he would not survive the journey. But he staged a remarkable recovery during the homeward cruise. By the time the ship reached the London port of Tilbury, he had almost completely recovered." (from "Ike and Monty: Generals at War" by Norman Gelb)

From the Kindle edition: http://amzn.eu/9pbUb56

Deb

Wow, sounds like one of those spontaneous healings I hear about once in a while. Seems like he really didn't want to work in Palestine. Joe Dispenza is a great believer in change your mind/change your life and has had workshop attendees healed of all sorts of things. I can only imagine that Montgomery's thinking changed on his cruise back home, changing something in his body.

Anita Moorjani is always a great example of what's possible.

jbseth

Hi Sena,

It sounds like Field Marshall Montgomery was very determined to recover, and perhaps because of this, he actually did. 

I've heard many stories like this, where someone was ill, but for some reason they were determined to get better and they did.

I think that the fact that this occurs, gives us some evidence that in regards to health, there's something to be said in regards to a persons "will" to get better.

Thanks for sharing.

jbseth