The God of Jane OR Psychic Politics?

Started by WindWalker, March 11, 2019, 04:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindWalker

I have the opportunity to read one of these books. Which do you believe to be "best?" Thanks!

Deb

I've only read God of Jane so far, have Psychic Politics to read in the future. I can say I liked God of Jane, but I've read quotes from Psychic Politics that were really, really good which made me want to buy that book. It's an old copy, someone marked it up pretty well so they must have enjoyed it.

I know that's of no help, hopefully the others here can give you a clearer answer.

Also maybe take a look at the book descriptions on Amazon, and some of the reviews. They both got high ratings, I haven't seen a Jane/Seth book that didn't. But they differ in subject matter and so one may appeal more to you than the other.

WindWalker

Magical approach didnt get the normal five star ratings. Did u like the magical approach Deb? Thanks!

Deb

I did read it a long time ago. I liked it but I feel there is more information to be had from other Seth books. I really have liked everything I've read, some books wowed me more than others, for different reasons.

I've been reading The Early (ESP) Class Sessions and I'm loving them because there is some information in there that didn't make it into the books I've read so far. But I'm mainly enjoying a different perspective from the class attendees with their questions to Seth and his interactions with them. I don't think Rob attended those, so other people took the notes. The sessions are dated, not numbered, and the books are an easy read.

jbseth

Hi Windwalker,

I've had both, "The God of Jane" and "Psychic Politics" for at least 20 years now.

During this time, I've read, "The God of Jane", several times. It's easy to read and has some great synchronistic events in it. However, I've never been able to get into "Psychic Politics".

"Psychic Politics" is actually the second half of two books that Jane wrote in regards to her ideas on the actual structure of the entity. The first book on this topic started with the second half of "Adventures in Consciousness".

While these two books (2nd half of Adventures in Consciousness and Psychic Politics) are interesting, for me personally, I find that they get a little dry and boring after a while. I've had a hard time staying with them both, to the end.

On the other hand, this has not been a problem for me with either "The God of Jane",  the first half of "Adventures in Consciousness", "The Magical Approach", or most of Jane's / Seth's other books.

jbseth

Sena

Quote from: WindWalker
Magical approach didnt get the normal five star ratings. Did u like the magical approach Deb? Thanks!
Windwalker, I have the Magical Approach on my Kindle, but haven't read much of it. Today I found this little story which seems trivial, but I think is a good illustration of the Seth appraoch:

""Anyhow, have been applying the Magical Approach to a variety of other areas, household annoyances, with some gratifying results. Mitzi, our cat, has been loaded with fleas. Rob tried to get a collar on her a month ago and there was such a hassle, he gave up, got mad at the cat, and vice versa. Yesterday he tried again, both of us remembering the Magical Approach; me saying mentally that the affair would take place easily, etc. Rob did get the thing on the cat with much less difficulty; she didn't even seem to resent it. Granted, this might have happened anyhow. The point is that the odds didn't seem to go in that direction and that I do think ... we did mental work at other levels that resulted in that benign event ... as if before we gave cluttered orders for an event to take place." (from "The Magical Approach: Seth Speaks About the Art of Creative Living (A Seth Book)" by Jane Roberts, Robert F. Butts)

From the Kindle edition: http://amzn.eu/f4SWQEx

jbseth

Hi Windwalker, Hi All,

Actually it isn't "Pyschic Politics" that's the problem. This book seems OK.

Jane called these 2 books (the 2nd half of Adventures in Consciousness & Psychic Politics) her books on "Aspect Psychology".

The problem I have is this. Every time I try to read "Psychic Politics" I end up feeling like I should have read the 2nd half of "Adventures in Consciousness" first, because I'm sure there's information in that book, that's useful to be aware of before reading "Pyschic Politics".

It's the 2nd half of "Adventures in Consciousness", that's been the problem for me.

jbseth

Deb

Quote from: jbseth
"Psychic Politics" is actually the second half of two books that Jane wrote in regards to her ideas on the actual structure of the entity. The first book on this topic started with the second half of "Adventures in Consciousness".

Thanks for this information. While I have both books, I had no idea about how they were related.