Reality Creation Slip Ups

Started by jbseth, May 04, 2019, 03:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

On very rare occasions, I've experienced, what I'll call, reality creation slip ups (this is a term, I'm borrowing from Seth).  One of these events occurred to me just yesterday, and I'm interested in knowing whether any of you have ever experienced one of these events. Here's what happened to me yesterday.

In one of the bedrooms in our house, we have a special type of AC power strip. This particular power strip attaches directly over a wall outlet and it screws into the outlet via the outlet faceplate screw hole. It basically converts a 2 receptacle wall outlet into a 6 receptacle wall outlet.

Yesterday I unscrewed this power strip from the wall outlet in the bedroom that it was located in, and temporarily put it in the seat of a computer chair located in another bedroom.

After I put this power strip down on the seat of this computer chair, while my wife was talking to me in this other bedroom, I picked it back up and the mounting screw, fell to the floor.  When this occurred, I was looking right at this power strip and the mounting screw and I watched the mounting screw fall to the floor and then I made a mental note of where it landed so that I could pick it up in a few moments. Immediately after this, I looked back at my wife and we continued to talk for about another 5 seconds or so.

Then, I bent down to pick the screw up off the floor, and I discovered it wasn't where it landed. Because of this, I moved the chair to find the screw but I couldn't find it anywhere on the floor. At this point, my wife looked down and found it in the seat of the chair, approximately where it was originally located inside the power strip, before I picked it up. After explaining to my wife, what had just happened, she told me that she had heard it hit the floor or something.

Why do I think that this was a reality creation slip up? Because I really don't think that, in this particular situation, this screw had enough energy to hit the floor and bound back high enough to land in the chair, much less to bounce back land in the middle of the chair where my wife found it.

As I describe this situation here, it really doesn't sound all that incredible. However, having seen, what I saw yesterday, there is just no way that this screw should have ended up in the chair.  Somewhere else, on the floor, yes, but not in the middle of the chair. 

Below are some interesting things that Seth had to say. These comments by Seth, make me think that reality creation slip ups, do, in fact, occur on occasion.

"Seth Speaks", Chapter 2, Session 515:

My environment, as I told you, changes constantly, but then, so does your own. You rationalize away quite legitimate intuitive perception at such times. For example, if a room suddenly appears small and cramped to you, you take it for granted that this change of dimension is imaginative, and that the room has not changed regardless of your feelings.

The fact is that the room under such conditions will have changed quite definitely, and in very major respects, even though the physical dimensions will still measure the same. The entire psychological impact of the room will have altered. Its effect will be felt by others beside yourself. It will attract certain kinds of events rather than others, and it will alter your own psychological structure and hormonal output. You will react to the altered state of the room even in quite physical ways, though its width or length, in inches or feet, may not seem to vary.

"Seth Speaks", Appendix, (ESP Class Session: Tuesday, June 23, 1970)

(Question from a class member: "Do we all create the same organization and see the same couch?"

(To Mary and Art): You each generally agree, I am sure, that you sit upon a couch. You do not perceive the same couch. You only perceive your own idea constructions. You cannot see those of another. Telepathically, you transpose your ideas in line with what you know of the other person's thinking. You agree that the couch is here. Now it is true that within your physical system — for I know this will come next — you can measure your couch. I expect at any moment that someone will get a ruler and measure it, and then say to me that the couch is so long: How can I say it is not one couch?

However, within your physical system the instruments themselves are distorted and, of course, they will agree with what they measure.

"The Early Sessions", Book 2, Session 64:

[... 43 paragraphs ...]

That same chair, so to speak, is constructed differently by everyone who enters your home. The question of its location in space is not difficult. Inner telepathic ground communication covers this very nicely. There are rather amusing slip-ups here that do occur, as when you bunk into a chair, for example. The fault here not being forgetful. It is remembering that causes the trouble.
(Here Jane smiled broadly.)

"You forget" (in quotes); that is, you forget to construct the chair in its correct location. If you continued to ignore the lapse of construction, you would not suffer the bruise. But you remember just in time, construct your chair where your knee is.

{ then about 11 paragraphs further down, in the same session }

Now, due to variations existing in the capacity of various individuals to receive, perceive, and act upon such information, no constructions are exactly the same, though generally they appear the same; and for utility's sake they are effective enough.

Slip-ups can occur along any of the above mentioned lines. A thick black rubber hose in a backyard after dark for a moment actually becomes, or could become, to a timid soul a particularly vicious, ridiculously long and fat black snake.

This is not a case of a hose looking like a snake. This is a failure of a different sort, according to whether or not the constructor of the hose is present or still constructing his object. There is something here that I will explain. I have briefly mentioned before, I believe, what I will term an afterimage. When you cease active construction of an object, the pattern begins to fade but remains inactive.

Weak vibrations are present and can be perceived. Here we will imagine the weak pattern—form of the hose, and an individual perceiving the generalized pattern. There is a lack of further data, no telepathic message being perceived perhaps.

Going upon the little information at hand, given the darkness, fears come to the foreground. The individual actually constructs a snake, but a faulty impossible one, from the weak hose pattern. The snake, for reasons that we will discuss later, under these conditions could not exist in your universe.

If our individual calls for help, and if per chance the constructor of the hose answers the appeal, his hose construction would take precedence, filling its old pattern.

What do you think, is it possible that I forgot to construct the screw on the floor where it was supposed to be, and instead constructed it back on the chair where it was previously located?

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

-jbseth

Sena

Quote from: jbseth
As I describe this situation here, it really doesn't sound all that incredible. However, having seen, what I saw yesterday, there is just no way that this screw should have ended up in the chair.  Somewhere else, on the floor, yes, but not in the middle of the chair. 
jbseth, thanks for sharing this with us. It is not clear to me why you call it a "slip-up". What seems to have happened is that your Inner Self gave you a demonstration that physical reality is actually camouflage reality, and that your Inner Self is willing to help you reach your reasonable objectives.
QuoteHas anything like this ever happened to you?
I would like to relate an experience which is NOT exactly similar to yours but which you may find interesting. This happened when we were staying with our son in England. We were setting out on a long car journey and our son was filling up with petrol. At that time I had been reading Lynda Madden Dahl's books, and I reminded myself that we are "living a safe universe". I was sitting in the front passaenger seat. A few seconds after I had this thought, a man came to the door and said "You have forgotten to replace the petrol cap", thus averting a potential danger. Warning someone like this might be normal behavior in the States and Sri Lanka, but if you have lived in England you might know that "minding your own business" is a principle many people follow. I am grateful to this gentleman for not following that principle.

jbseth

Hi Sena,

Regarding the term, "slip up", I wasn't really quite sure what to call these events.  When I looked into what Seth had to say, I noticed that he used this term in session 64 when he mentioned the bumping into the chair story and the hose as a snake story.  I just decided to use the same term.

I really like your petrol cap story. It sounds like some of the synchronous event stories that I've read about here in this forum.

-jbseth

Sena

Quote from: jbseth
Hi Sena,

Regarding the term, "slip up", I wasn't really quite sure what to call these events.  When I looked into what Seth had to say, I noticed that he used this term in session 64 when he mentioned the bumping into the chair story and the hose as a snake story.  I just decided to use the same term.

I really like your petrol cap story. It sounds like some of the synchronous event stories that I've read about here in this forum.

-jbseth

jbseth, have you read any of the Lynda Madden Dahl books? I find they help me to understand some of the Seth concepts.