Your Body is an Illusion

Started by Deb, May 05, 2019, 06:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

While I still have some catching up to do here, I just had to post this Bruce Lipton video. He's a cellular biologist who appears to have a Seth background and has been spreading Sethian concepts with a more scientific bent in order to appeal to a broader audience (science generally does not put people off the way religion or metaphysics can).

While Bruce has his own take on how "things" work, in this video he does cover how we make our reality on a personal and mass level(about 5:13). And with 1.7+million views, he definitely has an audience. Due to editing, the video seems a little disjointed to me. However I've heard him speak in person and read all of his books and he is very cohesive when presenting material.

jbseth

Hi Deb, Hi All,

I really like this Bruce Lipton video and I really like what he has to say.

It does appear to me that portions of this video were either taken from later portions of the same video, or perhaps taken from other videos and then cropped together to make this video.

I've always wondered about the various people from specific Christian groups who handle snakes and drink poisons. I definitely believe that a person's actual "belief" about this, has a lot to do with the outcome.

Many times I've heard people imply that these people don't ever get hurt when doing this and I'm not really sure that this is actually true. Again, I do think it has to do with the power of a person's belief.  I found the attached article on the internet that talks about this specific issue.

https://www.nhpr.org/post/snake-handling-preachers-open-about-takin-serpents

This article says the following: (note: in this article, Coots is the Pastor of a Pentecostal Holiness Church, where this snake handling is regularly practiced).

"Coots has been bitten nine times by venomous snakes. Each time he refused medical attention. Half of his right middle finger is gone as a result of a fang from a yellow rattler. In 1995, a woman who was bit in his church refused to go to the hospital; she died on Coots' couch while church members prayed over her. "

Along with this, however, this article also says:

"Skeptics wonder if snakes handled in religious services are milked, defanged, weakened by mistreatment or in any way made less deadly.

"It's kind of like playing Russian roulette. The more frequently you handle [snakes], the more likely you are to get a bite. Serpents don't get tamed," says Ralph Hood, a psychology professor at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, who has documented hundreds of hours of serpent handling over 25 years. Having said that, Hood says he has brought herpetologists to services to try and understand why it is that handlers can pick up reptiles with impunity, even walk on them barefoot, and receive so few snake bites.

"All I know is that these people do handle [snakes], and most of the time they are not bit, and they can do what scientists think is not likely. Nobody has a good explanation," he says. "

Well, I've got to say that I personally think that both Bruce Lipton and Seth have a good explanation for this; belief.

-jbseth

chasman

thank you Deb.
loved the video.
jbseth, very interesting comments as well.

here's another Bruce Lipton video I just watched.
he says All That Is, more than once I think:

Deb

Quote from: jbseth
I've always wondered about the various people from specific Christian groups who handle snakes and drink poisons. I definitely believe that a person's actual "belief" about this, has a lot to do with the outcome.

I've heard people use the snake handlers as proof of belief more than once. Coming from the Seth perspective I believe people can get bit without consequences due to their religious conviction, just as there are the groups that can drink poison. But yes, there's always room for dishonestly as far as milking the venom beforehand. I also wonder if, even though snakes don't get tamed, they could get used to being handled and only bite when startled or something out of the routine is done to them.

Thanks for the additional video chasman, another good one. Bruce talked in depth about his "ah hah" moment in one of this books—when it hit him that his body was a receiver and "he" was being projected from some non-material place, realizing that while the physical body will die, the spirit lives on. That was a pivotal point for his life. Although prior to that he had made some startling discoveries in biology (now called epigenetics), realized he was expected to continue teaching outdated and inaccurate information to medical students, and ended up leaving teaching because he could not continue teaching something he know was wrong. He was ostracized as being a heretic, which is an interesting word for the medical profession to use since heretic is defined as "a person believing in or practicing religious heresy." Science as religion.

Bruce (like Joe Dispenza) teaches the tie between biology and belief, explains it in scientific terms that make complete sense. What I love about that is he is trying to open people's minds to the idea that we are NOT victims of our genes, we control gene expression with our beliefs. I attribute spontaneous healings with this—genes that were turned on by destructive beliefs can be turned off by recognizing that and doing the work.

Right in line with Seth—we are not victims of anything. We make our reality.

"I have said to you before, using, if you will forgive me, your terms, that you are the BLACK SHEEP of the universe, because you will no longer blame gods nor devils nor circumstances for those effects in your life that you do not like, nor bow down to gods, devils, or circumstances in praise for those good conditions that you have yourselves created. That therefore you will become conscious co-creators with an All That Is that has little to do with the puny concepts in which God has been entrapped for centuries, as far as your religions and myths are concerned. For those myths have also trapped you who believe in them."

Seth (Jane Roberts) ESP Class 1974.03.26

chasman

hey Deb,
        thank you for all you said and the great quote.   :)
Charlie

jbseth

Hi Chasman,

Hey, I just got a few minutes and so I decided to watch that Bruce Lipton video you posted.

Wow, that was awesome. What a beautiful positive reminder of who we are.

Thanks for much for sharing this with us.

-jbseth 

chasman

thank you jbseth, I totally agree with you.

and thank you again for all the really cool posts that you make here.     :)