Everybody Wants A Piece of the Action

Started by LenKop, May 06, 2019, 02:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LenKop

"First I want to make certain that action is understood, insofar as we have discussed it. Action is the inner vitality of all reality. It seeks to utilize itself in as many ways as possible. Its action, its attempts at outward materialization, however, must result in the creation of new inner vitality, for this is the stuff of which it is composed. And this new inner vitality will then seek materialization, and so the cycle is never completed."
"The word materialization is used because it is applicable within your field. Nevertheless, as you know such materializations hardly all result in the construction of matter."
"One word to you, Joseph, I do most honestly and sympathetically understand your own problems. The session and any work resulting from them will never detract from your painting, although upon occasion it may appear that you suffer timewise. The sessions have greatly increased your ability to use your inner visions and intuitions, and to free them so that they can be directed into your paintings."
"(This, I can attest, is most certainly true.)"
"A note now concerning thought, as it is a form of action with which all men are familiar. Here you can see that your ego accepts thoughts as a part of its identity. Thought's actions are accepted by the ego, yet the ego seems to stand apart from them; and because of ego's nature it fears to plunge into the action of a thought. For it, the ego, has but recently pried itself from action, and so perceives action now as if action were a province of the ego, and not the other way around."
"But ego's seeming independence from action is basically meaningless, since ego is also action, and can never be otherwise. Any such separation of action from itself only adds to the totality of action, in that it increases action's ability to perceive itself from as many viewpoints as possible. Perspectives represent action's action upon itself. Any one dimension must result in another dimension, for the action within any given dimension can never complete itself, but will continue."

The Early Sessions Book 3 Session 139

Thx to Ms English on FB Friends

jbseth

Hi Lenkop,

Thanks for this post. I think that Seth's discussion about "action" is one of the most interesting topics that he discusses in all of the Seth information.

On a lighter note, I typed in, "a piece of the action" on Goggle and one of the items that popped up was a link to IMDB for an original "Star Trek" episode, with the story line below. This specific episode was from Season 2, Episode 17, and aired on January 12, 1968.

"The Enterprise investigates a planet visited 100 years ago by the U.S.S. Horizon. Kirk, Spock, and McCoy beam down and find themselves in a culture similar to Earth gangs of 1920 Chicago. They are quickly taken prisoner by men in the employ of a mob boss named Bela Oxmyx, who wishes them to give him phasers in exchange for "a piece of the action." When they refuse, Oxmyx puts them under guard. Kirk creates a diversion with a card game called "fizzbin," but without their equipment, the trio must find a way to unite the planet and escape to the Enterprise alive. "

-jbseth

LenKop

Yeah, the 'action' topic is a fascinating one for me personally. Especially after discussions about void states and contemplative meditations.

I did read one quote where Seth mentioned our emotions are action, not just our thoughts. In the above quote, he seems to convey our ego is on par with any thought we are having, hence our ego being a 'province' of action.

Also fascinating is the the quote 'action's ability to perceive itself', therefore doing and being are the same thing.

I'm glad you found a lighter note, as my intention with the title was to hearken back to some glam rock from the 70's, with Sweet's song 'Action'. A classic rock tune, and now a classic dad joke....:) (maybe not so classic a joke)

cheers,

Len

jbseth

Hi Lenkop,

Yeah, I also find the quote 'action's ability to perceive itself', to be really fascinating.

Seth then ties this in with consciousness, but at this level, this is not ego consciousness. Seth also discusses the 3 dilemmas which does encompass the ego consciousness. All of this being pretty heady stuff.

Your comments about Sweet's song 'Action' kind of through me. 

I grew up in the 60's and 70's listening to everything from the Beatles, the Doors, the Who, LED Zeppelin, The Eagles, The Doobie Brothers, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seeger, The Ramones, The Cars, Van Halen, The Police, Madonna, Michael Jackson, etc. and oddly, I don't recall ever hearing that specific song.

I just went back and found it on the internet and played it. I'm surprised that somehow, I completely missed it as this is definitely the kind of music that I listened to at the time. Was this in the mid 70's???

-jbseth

LenKop

Yes, 1975.

I was a baby at the time. I only became aware of the tune after hearing a cover by Steve Stevens' Atomic Playboys in the late 80's/early 90's.