Lynda Madden Dahl on telepathy

Started by Sena, May 10, 2019, 09:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

This is Lynda's interpretation of Seth's views on the importance of telepathy in Frameworks 1 and 2:

".......telepathy flows constantly between us, the consciousnesses in Framework 1, and our inner selves in Framework 2. Impulses? Telepathy. Insight? Telepathy. Random thoughts? Telepathy. Dreams? Telepathy. Et cetera. But it doesn't stop there. We are in constant telepathic communication with each other in Framework 2, also; and it starts with our telepathic agreement of the root assumptions for Framework 1, with the purpose being to cohesively form our realities to look similar, down to the spacing between objects and their dimensions. But telepathy between us goes even far deeper than that. Telepathy operates constantly in Framework 2 between each of us and every other person on the planet, in order to share the data we gather from our objective and subjective experiences. This is imperative, because it is our shared ideas that, once gathered in Framework 2, create the world and its events. In other words, telepathy never leaves us, not for a second. It is the glue that brings consensus, or as close to consensus as we can get, to what we jointly share. An interesting thing about all this telepathic activity is that, at this stage of our psychic development we cannot allow ourselves to be aware of it in total. Seth says we'd have a difficult time retaining our sense of identity in Framework 1 if we realize the scope or flow of the information that bombards our inner senses." (from "Living a Safe Universe, Vol. 3: A Book for Seth Readers (Living a Safe Universe: A Book for Seth Readers)" by Lynda Madden Dahl)

From the Kindle edition: http://amzn.eu/iz4HMYA

"Creating one's own reality" would be impossible without this ceaseless flow of telepathic information.

T.M.

I've got a good many of her books. Wish I had more time to read them, they really are treasures in their own way. Helped me put some of the Seth material in much better perspective as well.

jbseth

Hi Sena,

What an interesting topic. 

I'm curious, what do you think of Lynda's comments.

-jbseth

Sena

Quote from: jbseth
I'm curious, what do you think of Lynda's comments.
jbseth, it may be that some of Lynda's writings are a bit speculative, but I think her comments on telepathy are absolutely spot on. She has helped me to understand the Seth teachings better.

jbseth

Hi Sena,

Thanks for your reply. I've never taken the time to read any of her books.

There are several people who have written various Seth related books, (Sue Watkins, Nancy Ashley, Lynda Dahl and Dr. Tien-Sheng Hsu), and while I've read many of Sue Watkins books, I've never read any of the others. 

While I enjoy reading the Seth books themselves, I can also see the value of picking up some insights from the other authors as well.

I would say that in regards to my understanding of telepathy, what Lynda had to say here, is very similar to what I've come to understand about telepathy.

-jbseth

Deb

I like Lynda's writing a lot, she has a way of pulling together what Seth said in a way that's simple and easy to understand. She will also give examples of things that happen in her own life to demonstrate what she's saying. Of course it's her interpretation, but I think she does a great job. I follow her on Facebook and she is totally unwavering in her efforts to keep the Seth materials circulating and understood.

I enjoyed the explanation of telepathy that started this topic, she's really encapsulated telepathy in a few sentences, and it makes sense. It made me think about all of the cells in our body in cooperation as a whole, but they also retain their individual identities.

Quote from: Sena
Telepathy operates constantly in Framework 2 between each of us and every other person on the planet, in order to share the data we gather from our objective and subjective experiences. This is imperative, because it is our shared ideas that, once gathered in Framework 2, create the world and its events.

I actually find the idea of constant telepathic communication kind of exciting. There's a feeling in safety in it, in that we can't be unsuspecting victims of anyone or anything. And comfort in feeling that while we may not keep in contact with people we know, there is still the connection, just on a different level.

Sena

There are several people who have written various Seth related books, (Sue Watkins, Nancy Ashley, Lynda Dahl and Dr. Tien-Sheng Hsu), and while I've read many of Sue Watkins books, I've never read any of the others. 
jbseth, Nancy Ashley is a new one for me. I don't think I'll be investing in her books just yet!

Deb

Nancy Ashley

Hah! I thought Nancy was a new one for me too, but realized that she wrote the Seth Workbook. I bought a used copy of it years ago, but still have not had the time to work through it.

Also, there is Paul Helfrich, who has written quite a bit about Seth. I was able to talk him out of a signed copy of Seth the Ultimate Guide. It was a book he had written but was never officially published. He had self-published a few copies before he was, I think, shut down for copyright issues.

Sena

Quote from: Deb
Paul Helfrich
Deb, no doubt you are aware that Paul Helfrich wrote this article:

https://www.paulhelfrich.com/library/Helfrich_P_Seth_Jane_Roberts_Conscious_Creation_Overview.pdf

A quote from the article:

"The work of Jane Roberts has a learning curve, like any body of subtle and complex knowledge. It is not intended to be embraced by 100% of the population or solve all of the world‟s problems. It offers a decentralized and democratic perspective on our individual right to decide what is fulfilling for ourselves. It does not claim to be Universal Truth, but to offer a view on understanding Universal Truths filtered through our current, cultural belief systems and direct experience."

There is another 146 page document here with a foreword written by Paul Helfrich:

http://avalonlibrary.net/ebooks/Paul%20Helfrich%20-%20Seth%20on%20a%20Conscious%20Creation%20Myth.pdf

A quote from this document:

"The premodern Genesis story and modern Science's Big Bang myth imply that when the origin of our universe was completed things were left to run on their own. That is, Primal Cause remained "outside" of the physical field as a Judeo-Christian-Islamic God, or as yet unexplained scientific phenomenon. In this Sethian tale, however, Causal Consciousness (All That Is) remains immanent in the physical world, and is never separate."

Another quote:

"Seth talked about the return of what he called the Christ entity in Seth Speaks, Chapter 21, The Meaning of Religion. Why Seth played into the messiah mythos and premodern prophecy is beyond our scope, but he points out that by the year 2075, a major spiritual change will occur on a global scale. However, since all futures are more or less probable, and Seth does not promote predetermined futures, take the following with a grain of salt.
"... Now these [biblical] prophecies were given in terms of the current culture at that time, and therefore, while the stage has been set, the distortions are deplorable, for this Christ will not come at the end of your world as the prophecies have been maintaining."

Deb

Quote from: Helfich
"The work of Jane Roberts has a learning curve, like any body of subtle and complex knowledge. It is not intended to be embraced by 100% of the population or solve all of the world‟s problems. It offers a decentralized and democratic perspective on our individual right to decide what is fulfilling for ourselves. It does not claim to be Universal Truth, but to offer a view on understanding Universal Truths filtered through our current, cultural belief systems and direct experience."

Actually that article was a new one for me, thank you! I really like the way he thinks, writes... he knows his Seth.

Paul has been mentioned here on SoS a few times, referring to his Compilation of Seth Exercises ( https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=752.0 ) and nine families of consciousness ( https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=1015.msg9023#msg9023 ).

And I just found this, right from the source: http://seth-material.blogspot.com/2010/10/nine-families-of-consciousness.html . Unfortunately Paul hasn't posted anything new on his blog since 2010. I do see that in August of 2010 he posted many excerpts from the Seth Audio Collection.

Later today I'll create a topic devoted to Paul Helfrich, probably under Books/Articles by Other Authors, and add the links to it.

chasman

I just found some Paul Helfrich videos from the Colorado Seth Conference several years ago:

https://www.paulhelfrich.com/presentations/integral-conscious-creation/

jbseth

Hi Deb, Hi Chasman, Hi Sena, Hi All,

Hey, thank you all for sharing the information about Paul Helfrich. Until just recently in Deb's post here, I've never heard of him. Thanks Deb.

In Chasman's link, thanks Chasman, I just watched part of the Part 3rd video, where Paul discusses how the Seth Material is incomplete. In this video, Paul talks about some of the subjects that Seth never really covered, such as the Chakras. I know that Sena has mentioned this subject here in this forum in the past, and we have discussed it here.

Does anyone know what Paul is doing these days. It seems like he's just disappeared since about 2010 or so.

-jbseth

Deb

I'm looking forward to watching the videos, thanks chasman!

I do know Paul is alive and well because a few months ago I emailed and asked how I could get a signed copy of his self-published book, Seth the Ultimate Guide. I knew it never went public—I heard he ran into copyright issues with the Seth quotes in the book, so maybe he can work something out with Laurel and get the book out for publication. He offered to send me a signed copy of the book (is not permitted to sell them), so I made a donation in thanks. It's about 300 pages but larger type so will be a quicker read.

What's he doing these days? What DOESN'T he do? He's a teacher https://www.paulhelfrich.com/  "I am currently teaching Grade 7 at the Westside Waldorf School in Pacific Palisades, CA for the 2018-2019 academic year." I bet he also spends a lot of time writing about Seth. There's a more information about him on his home page. He writes. Produces music. Does podcasts. Lectures. There are links on the site to papers he's written.

Chasman would know if he spoke at the most recent Seth Online Conference.

chasman

hi Deb, jbseth and Sena,
        thank you for all you have posted.

Paul Helfrich did not speak at the most recent Seth Online Conference.
but,yeah he sounds like a super busy guy.
I have not watched the videos I linked to yet.
thank you jbseth for telling us about what Paul said in part 3.
Charlie

Sena

I found another extract from a Lynda Madden Dahl book which I thought was worth posting here (It seems to shed some light on the vexed question of the term "camouflage" as used by Seth):

"So, physical reality is not physical at all. It is neither solid nor permanent; it is neither in space nor time. It is in Framework 2, but with a twist. And the twist is simply a chosen mental focus by our inner selves that blocks from us all of what is actually going on in Framework 2, and instead mentally reorganizes it to fit the camouflage root assumptions accepted by our Framework 1 mind. So, here we are in Framework 2, pretending to experience a world as real as-well, as real as the mind and brain can make it seem. But as we know, there is no complete world created anywhere, that what we each experience of the "world" is only within our own immediate physical reality's camouflage, because we do not share the exact same camouflage with others-I create mine and you create yours in our own personal realities. Where is the world, then, if not physically perceived in total? Only in Framework 2. The whole world resides there always, every little piece of it. Not physically, but as the uncamouflaged consciousness within Framework 2-the uncamouflaged consciousness that creates and re-creates the world from the mental acts of all physical consciousness oriented to Framework 1. The world, in other words, is mental. It never takes full physical shape in any one person's Framework 1 reality. And yet Seth tells us we are in constant contact with the smallest reflection of consciousness in the world. How can that be, if we only create and experience our little portion of the world in our own space/time continuum? It is because of the standard mode of communication between all consciousness units, which is telepathy." (from "Living a Safe Universe, Vol. 3: A Book for Seth Readers (Living a Safe Universe: A Book for Seth Readers)" by Lynda Madden Dahl)

From the Kindle edition: https://amzn.eu/3adXlLo