"Paula" - TV series on Netflix

Started by Sena, June 12, 2019, 10:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

This TV series was filmed in Northern Ireland. It features Denise Gough as Chemistry teacher Paula, to whom some nasty things happen. I have so far watched two episodes, and I would like to highlight something which was said in the second episode. Paula tells her friend that when she was 12 years old, she played some dangerous games with her brother. She liked to be tied up. Once she got her brother to tie a skipping rope round her neck. It would appear that she was partially asphyxiated. She was transported to a time in the distant past where she was with a family who loved her dearly. She was in that life for several years.

Now for the Sethian bit which involves the present interacting with the past. Whenever Paula is in a sexual relationship in her present life, she finds herself transported to that previous life.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6495880/

Deb

Well thanks for that :) . I was all set to watch tonight and it's not on the US Netflix. Looks like there were only 3 episodes made, in 2017, which I could have binge watched tonight. Let us know what you think. I'm always interested in shows that have a Seth tie-in.

BTW the being transported to a past life reminded me a bit of the Watseka Wonder.

Sena

Deb, I am sorry you are not able to watch "Paula" in the States. As you are not able to, I'll reveal the ending. As you noted, there are only 3 episodes. In the 3rd episode, I thought for a moment that Paula had done something terribly unSethian by killing a man. Then I realised that she had not actually killed him. She buried him alive with life support. She could keep him alive for a long time so that he could contemplate his evil actions. One of his evil actions was that he had set fire to Paula's brother, causing severe burns and eventual death. The Police were not able to prove his guilt and had released him.

Deb

Yikes! What a story! Not sure which is worse, being outright killed or being buried alive and being kept alive. That seems much worse to me, considering my Seth background. It's unusual for a series to only have three episodes.

Thanks for the update!