Jill Bolt Taylor - A Stroke of Insight

Started by Deb, April 01, 2015, 10:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

I've watched this many times and it still continues to amaze me. Jill Bolt Taylor is a brain scientist, neuroanatomist, that had a stroke in her 30s and was able to process what was happening to her body from the perspective of a scientist. A fascinating story in itself, but her statements about everything being energy, being her inner self, feelings of expansiveness, feeling at one with all... very Sethian stuff here. It reminded me of Jane's experiences with her feelings of expansion. Jill is very engaging and entertaining, but make sure you have some tissues handy...  Enjoy.

Toronto Sethian

Very interesting.  Beautiful.  Moving.

Never been so moved by a scientist.  Love her emotionalism.

Seth said until we realize the multi-personhood aspect of being (over-lapping consciousnesses), we cannot create a viable psychology.

Some of the experiences are better explained with Seth's view of reality than the view with which she struggles to understand her experiences--the current one.

She ascribes consciousness as being rooted in the brain--an unproven theory and one which Seth disagrees with, the brain being the receiver for the mind.  Perhaps she need do this as a scientist, though.

Her use of the phrase "All That Is" is curious, though...  :)

Thanks for sharing.  Will do so, myself, on some other Seth lists.

Deb

Quote from: Toronto Sethian on April 18, 2015, 06:42:38 PMNever been so moved by a scientist.  Love her emotionalism.

Yes! Me either, she really choked me up. A life changing event for her and so wonderful to hear a scientist talking about so many spiritual associations with her experience. Moving for sure, I need to watch it again.

I smiled when she talked about consciousness being rooted in the brain, but of course she would... being a scientist of brains of all things. Wonderful.

Glad you'll be sharing with other forums! I'll keep looking for more things like this.

Toronto Sethian

The audience gave her a rousing, emotional response.  Of course, they responded to her very emotional appeal.

I have not read her book but another Seth reader said he had, after I shared this--thanks!--and highly recommended it.

http://drjilltaylor.com/book.html

Deb

I didn't realize she had written a book. Another one to add to my wish list, thanks!

Toronto Sethian

I mention it for all, of course; we could not read all books so I share interesting ones with other Seth readers so some will read and we will get feedback.   8)

Deb

Quote from: Toronto Sethian on April 22, 2015, 05:07:56 PMI mention it for all, of course; we could not read all books so I share interesting ones with other Seth readers so some will read and we will get feedback.

And it's very much appreciated! Thanks, I'm always looking for more Seth-like things to add to the collection here. Keep sharing!

JimK

Wow, this is so interesting. I got really glued in & had to share it on FB too. There was so much in this that it kind of lit up some of the concepts in my Seth studies that I hadn't really got a good handle on.

Had to order the book!

Thanks for posting it, Deb!!!

Jim

Deb

You're welcome Jim! I go back and watch this every once in a while, it sort of chokes me up.

Oh, if you ever post something from SOS on Facebook or another site, I'd love it if you could add a link back to here. We can use the exposure, SOS is pretty invisible on the internet. A continuing project for me.  ;)

JimK

Oh, thanks for that comment on sharing and adding a link back to SOS. I most definitely will do that!!!

jim

Deb

Thanks Jim, I also made up a Facebook page today and put the link in the SOS forum header. The page is pretty pathetic right now, so if you have any suggestions, well, suggest away...

JimK

Deb, thanks for the new facebook link on the home page. I shared it on my timeline. I like it and it looks great, too. That pic of Jane is great. I think it conveys the idea that she was a real person just like all of her readers and potential readers. Cool!!! What a great start!

Way to go, Deb!!!

Jim

Deb

YOU are a pistol. SO glad to have you on SOS!

Yes, I love that picture of Jane, it's my favorite.
I decided to use that for FB but am expecting objections that it does not really represent Seth, per se.
I don't care. Having read A Way Towards Health and what Jane went through in the end, I think that photo of her represents the person she really was, inside. The way any of us would like to be remembered.

John Sorensen

That picture of Jane is awesome. It always bugged me that in the main core Seth books we only get to odd picture of Jane where Seth is speaking (and her mannerisms are quite different than her own) and other posed portrait style pics, such as the one of Rob and Jane with their Joseph and Ruburt portrait.

This picture is a nice spontaneous pic where Jane's vitality shines forth.

It is the opposite of stuffy portraits etc