Seth on "good luck"

Started by Sena, January 16, 2020, 07:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

I found this Seth quote in which he mentions "unusual luck":

""The more intense your imagination and inner experience, therefore, the more important it is that you realize the methods by which this inner experience becomes physically real. Your thoughts and emotions begin their journey into physical actualization at the moment of conception. If you happen to live in an area where the coordinate environment is strong, one of those areas I have spoken of as unusually conducive, then it will seem that you are deluged by illnesses or disasters, if these are the nature of your thoughts, because all thought is so fertile in this environment. If, on the other hand, your feelings and subjective experience are fairly well balanced, fairly optimistic and creative in a constructive manner, then it will seem to you that you have been blessed with unusual luck, for your pleasant suppositions will come to pass so quickly." (from "Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul (A Seth Book)" by Jane Roberts)

From the Kindle edition: http://amzn.eu/bF2Zu7B

How I understand this is that if one is trying to create one's own reality, the result may appear as unusual luck.

Larry Dossey points out scientific study has confirmed that some people are in fact luckier than others, but Dossey attributes good luck to the person's genetic makeup, which is I think highly debatable:

"If psi abilities evolved to help us survive, what would they look like by now? They probably would not be flamboyant but would be quite ordinary, perhaps even unnoticeable. We would use them without thinking much about it, like using our eyes or our legs. They would probably "look much more like what we call intuition and ... luck—just what is required to get the job done, and no more.... Intuition would not be limited to occasional creative flashes but would include the act of acquiring the information to guide the mass of petty decisions that go into being in the right place at the right time, or avoiding the wrong place at the wrong time"—which is what natural selection is all about. "[L]uck would not be simply winning lotteries or card games. Luck ... would be a generalized success factor—getting more than one's share of life's breaks." In short, "The psi component of luck would be ... shifting the odds in one's favor...."" (from "Be Careful What You Pray For, You Might Just Get It: What We Can Do About the Unintentional Effects of Our Thoughts, Prayers and Wishes" by Larry Dossey)

From the Kindle edition: http://amzn.eu/iqhINVr

Deb

Quote from: Sena
How I understand this is that if one is trying to create one's own reality, the result may appear as unusual luck.

I agree, Seth is saying in these areas of super conducive energy (coordinate points), if things go wrong too often a person would attribute that to incredibly bad luck, or if things always go right, incredibly good luck—if they don't subscribe to the idea that we make our reality. But the person is still making their own reality, regardless to what they attribute it.

I just had a thought—Seth said we have lag time when creating in the physical plane as a sort of safety net. Since we're learning how to use energy, it keeps us from inadvertently creating. He also says that in non-physical, creation is much easier and faster with no lag time. So, do you suppose in these super-charged coordinate point areas, its "frequency" is some middle ground between F1 and F2?

I like what Dossey says about how psi abilities would "look much more like what we call intuition and ... luck—just what is required to get the job done, and no more..." etc. I think that's the way it's supposed to be, but we trained it out of ourselves. I think everyone has the potential for psi ability, it's not limited to a certain strain genetic strain of people. I have seen esp skills run in families, but that could be learned.

Sena

Quote from: Deb
I just had a thought—Seth said we have lag time when creating in the physical plane as a sort of safety net. Since we're learning how to use energy, it keeps us from inadvertently creating.
Deb, that is interesting. It would be scary if my thoughs are immediately manifested as physical reality.
When Dossey refers to the genetic inheritance of good luck, he is thinking of the "survival advantage" in evolutionary terms. If good luck runs in a family it is likely to be due to a combination of genes, verbal communcation, and upbringing. I can think of a family of dogmatic Christians who had rather bad luck.