Where Do Thoughts Go?

Started by T.M., August 06, 2019, 10:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.M.

Hi All,

I've heard Seth say that and I admit I've always been puzzled by it.
Did they haul off to Wal-Mart when I wasn't looking? Seriously, what?

I've been reading The Way Towards Health. Jane died shortly after the last session. I recently got book 7 of the Deleted sessions, just to try to follow with The Way Towards Health material.

I'm curious about the ups and downs of Jane's health.
I'm wondering now. Do our thoughts/experiences go into the cellular structure of our bodies?
Is this why so many of her issues kept coming back to her, especially as documented in these 2 books?
Is this why it can take so long to get past something. It's buried deeply and held as energy patterns in the body?

How often do we block and or dismiss uncomfortable feeling when they come up, rather than getting into an environment where they can be safely expressed?

Sena

Quote from: T.M.
I'm curious about the ups and downs of Jane's health.
I'm wondering now. Do our thoughts/experiences go into the cellular structure of our bodies?
Is this why so many of her issues kept coming back to her
T.M., my understanding of Seth is that thoughts do go into the cellular structure of our bodies.
Regarding Jane's illness, we can't be certain of the "reason" for it. Seth said that this was Jane's final incarnation on Earth. She must have chosen to experience illness for some reason.

T.M.

Hi Sena,

Even Rob had a hard time believing the same issues kept coming back, again and again.
What I'm starting to wonder is if a problematic experience is deeply embedded on many layers. A person thinks they've dealt with it, and then it comes back from another cellular layer. I'm kinda wondering if this somehow ties in Karma, as Seth was trying to explain it.

Say an experience (any) is an energy pattern. It gets embedded cellular. The karma part - it keeps returning until the energy pattern has been released on every level- down to the most minute cellular one too.

Just my rambling thoughts :)

Deb

Where do our thoughts go? Hmmmm... not a simple answer to this question. Just for grins I searched on "thoughts" on the Seth search engine, and a LOT of interesting stuff came up. https://findingseth.com/q/thoughts/ 

It seems that while thoughts are internalized, such as:

"Quite literally, the "inner self" forms the body by magically transforming thoughts and emotions into physical counterparts. You grow the body. Its condition perfectly mirrors your subjective state at any given time. Using atoms and molecules, you build your body, forming basic elements into a form that you call your own."
—SS Chapter 3: Session 520, March 25, 1970

"Your physical body ... give us time ... is, as an entity, the fleshed-out version — the physically alive version — of the body of your thoughts. It is not that your thoughts just trigger chemical reactions in the body, but that your thoughts have a chemical reality besides their recognizable mental aspects."
—NoME Chapter 6: Session 841, March 14, 1979

"As you all know, and this is not new, your pitiful body changes with each thought that you have and with each emotion."
—TECS2 ESP Class Session, July 21, 1970

But then there's this, which I guess ties in with Seth saying we affect other realities:

"What happens to a thought when it leaves your conscious mind? It does not simply disappear. You can learn to follow it, but you are usually frightened of turning your attention away from its intense focus in three-dimensional existence. Therefore, it seems that the thought disappears. It seems also that your subjectivity has a mysterious unknown quality about it, and that even your mental life has a sort of insidious dropping-off point, a subjective cliff over which thoughts and memories fall, to disappear into nothingness. Therefore to protect yourself, to protect your subjectivity from drifting, you erect various psychological barriers at what you suppose to be the danger points. Instead, you see, you can follow these thoughts and emotions simply by realizing that your own reality continues in another direction, beside the one with which you mainly identify. For these thoughts and emotions that have left your conscious mind will lead you into other environments. (10:29.) These subjective openings through which thoughts seem to disappear are in fact like psychic warps, connecting the self that you know with other universes of experience — realities where symbols come to life and thoughts are not denied their potential.

"There is communication between these other realities and your own in your dream states, and a constant interaction between both systems. If there is any point where your own consciousness seems to elude you or escape you, or if there is any point where your consciousness seems to end, then these are the points where you have yourselves set up psychological and psychic barriers, and these are precisely those areas that you should explore. Otherwise you feel as if your consciousness is enclosed within your skull, immobile and constricted, and every lost thought or forgotten memory at least symbolically seems like a small death. And such is not the case."

Seth Speaks, Session 520

Seth also talked about projecting thought-forms in Seth Speaks, Session 540. Then, if you click the link to the search engine, the first excerpts are from TES Session 136, where Seth talks about projecting and receiving thoughts between individuals.

I've not read anything to date that explains why Jane developed RA and died so young. Only she would know the real reason behind that, and I wonder if even she knew.

Seth said repeatedly that Jane did not have arthritis, if you look through these quotes.  https://findingseth.com/q/arthritis/

Based on what I've heard from Lipton, Dispenza and even Seth, we do not inherit diseases as much as we inherit (meaning unconsciously adopt) beliefs, mindsets, patterns of thought from our family and culture/society. I feel those alone would cause similar physical problems in family members.

The quotes below stood out to me: Jane had it drilled into her head, from an early and impressionable age, that she was the cause of her mother's arthritis. I think she was either unconsciously punishing herself, thought God was punishing her, her mother was, or carried the belief that she would end up like her mother. Karma? It makes me wonder how many people take on their parent's (or child's) unresolved struggle in order to try to work it out or to right a wrong. See the third quote below.

"Since Ruburt's mother had often spoken most vehemently of Ruburt's birth being a source of disease, that is her arthritis, and pain, subconsciously Ruburt feared on a basic level that his mother wished to punish him for causing her such pain."
—TES2 Session 52 May 11, 1964

"In recent years rheumatoid arthritis has been found to be an amazingly complicated disease involving a great number of the body's immune factors. In the progression of rheumatoid arthritis one's own immunologic system turns on the body and damages it."
—DEaVF1 Essay 8: Sunday, May 23, 1982

"One of their common creations within the same time scheme was rheumatoid arthritis, of course, for Jane began to show her version of it some eight years before Marie died. [...] I even think that mother and daughter shared the same case of arthritis—there weren't two separate instances of it."
—DEaVF1 Essay 8: Sunday, May 23, 1982

A person thinks they've dealt with it, and then it comes back from another cellular layer.

That's an interesting thought (no pun) and worth exploring. I know some beliefs are harder to shake than others, especially when they are planted in our minds before we could even speak. I don't know how hard Jane tried to get to the root. It's been a long time since I read The Way Toward Health, but I seem to recall a feeling of frustration that Jane really didn't seem to fight what was happening to her. A lot of the exercises and suggestions Seth gave both of them were not carried through. Like she expected what was happening and just gave in to it. A horrible way to die.

Maybe she was also tired of life—there were many books Seth had planned to dictate and she might have run out of steam. And couldn't just say, "I quit."

T.M.

Hi Deb,

Thank you for the quotes. They are very helpful in the line of thought I'm pursuing right now!

"What happens to a thought when it leaves your conscious mind? It does not simply disappear. You can learn to follow it, but you are usually frightened of turning your attention away from its intense focus in three-dimensional existence. Therefore, it seems that the thought disappears. It seems also that your subjectivity has a mysterious unknown quality about it, and that even your mental life has a sort of insidious dropping-off point, a subjective cliff over which thoughts and memories fall, to disappear into nothingness. Therefore to protect yourself, to protect your subjectivity from drifting, you erect various psychological barriers at what you suppose to be the danger points. Instead, you see, you can follow these thoughts and emotions simply by realizing that your own reality continues in another direction, beside the one with which you mainly identify. For these thoughts and emotions that have left your conscious mind will lead you into other environments. (10:29.) These subjective openings through which thoughts seem to disappear are in fact like psychic warps, connecting the self that you know with other universes of experience — realities where symbols come to life and thoughts are not denied their potential."

That is the part that has thrown me the most, or has in the past. Maybe I'm starting to see what he meant by it.
This time when I picked up The Way Towards Health again, I decided to start at the last chapter.
Jane told Rob that she guessed she chose death, and Rob agreed. A few days later she passed.
I don't think Jane was aware of that decision on a conscious level. Which doesn't surprise me. I don't think anyone really does.
A few hours ago I read the last chapter of book 7 the Deleted sessions. Seth mentioned that every cell in the body has a conscious will to live. I think the body tries to till it literally just can't anymore.

I'm dealing with reoccurring issues right now, and find this material very interesting. I've been wondering why things I thought I dealt with years ago are still so persistently coming to mind!

Sena

What I'm starting to wonder is if a problematic experience is deeply embedded on many layers. A person thinks they've dealt with it, and then it comes back from another cellular layer.
T.M., I agree. If I look at myself I can see problems which I may not be able to deal with in this lifetime. I am not keen on returning to this Earth, with all the global warming etc. I wonder whether I might be able to deal with my problems in a different place.

T.M.

Hi Sena,

If my theories on cellular memory are right, I've got a lot of work ahead of me. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
I wouldn't mind returning to earth again. Not this time period, or any other time period where stability is an eccentric luxury!

LenKop

Another point of view...

when does one particular thought end? and another begin?

Everything else is continuous, so why do we seem to believe one thought and another thought are two separate energies? Now, it's easy to say I'm thinking of pizza for dinner but after dinner I'm thinking of plans for tomorrow, and they would seem to be totally different thoughts. But are they? Maybe our beliefs, under all of the mental gymnastics, are just focusing a light on a different part of the same, dark room.

I can't pinpoint the exact time my childhood self left and my adolescent self began. Nor can I do that with anyone else i know, my children included. So maybe my thoughts are a long string of energy that dances to the tune my deeper self is playing, but my superficial self picks on 'issues' because they seem apparent in one type of thought, without realizing the thoughts simply blend into each other.

Time, being a physical construct, also plays an important part, as everything happens in an eternal now, so thoughts would too, wouldn't they? Maybe even more so as they have no physically tangible degree. Emotions would also fall under such scrutiny.

Maybe I'm rambling, but think in terms of people with addiction issues. Someone who overeats doesn't necessarily have food issues, but could easily perceive that when the meal ends so does the problem. Then the diet begins, the exercise begins again, and the dance continues...

Great topic.

Len

T.M.

Hi LenKop,

I think your definitely onto something!! Thank you, that's a really interesting p.o.v.
I definitely agree with you on I can't tell where my child self stopped and my adolescent and adult self began. :)

Sena

I definitely agree with you on I can't tell where my child self stopped and my adolescent and adult self began.
My adult self began when I was 6 years old.

T.M.

Hi Sena,

I'm pretty sure the recurring issues I'm having are coming from the time period and experiences i had when I was around 5, 6, or 7.  Took me awhile to recognize that too.

Sena

Hi Sena,

I'm pretty sure the recurring issues I'm having are coming from the time period and experiences i had when I was around 5, 6, or 7.  Took me awhile to recognize that too.

T.M., I think I had recollections (a waking dream) from a "previous" existence at the age of 6. From the age of 12 I became introverted.

Eduard

A thought - if negated or accepted kind of stays with you and you grow it with your own energy.

Release it and it will go back to the base ( in the matrix :D )

Deb

T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Eduard and Welcome to the forum. :)

I like that too!