Quote of the Day August 16, 2019

Started by jbseth, August 16, 2019, 12:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

I saw this "Quote of the Day" on Bing this morning. Seth tells of that Ralph Waldo Emerson was a speaker.
Here's the quote of the day for today, August 16, 2019:

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

jbseth

Sena

Deb

Great quote, definitely right up the Seth alley.

I may do some research on Emerson, I don't think I've ever read anything by him, but I'd love to know more of what he said that fits in with the Seth materials.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Several years ago, I checked out one of Emerson's books from the local library. That particular book contained his essay on the "Oversoul", which I thought would be interesting to read.

Surprisingly, I have to say that his "Oversoul" essay was a much more difficult read, than I expected.

For me, the problem I had was in regards to trying to determine how he defined words soul and oversoul.  I wasn't exactly sure how "he" was using these terms and I don't think that he was using the same connotation that Seth did (Seth's entity / Jane's oversoul seven concept). Some of this I think was aggravated by the differences in both the writing styles and the way the English language was used in his time, verses in our time.

I think I could have figured this out, but I believe I would have needed some other writings by him, on this topic, to do so.

-jbseth

jbseth

Hi Deb,

If I'd have read the following Wikipedia on Oversoul, first,  this probably would have helped.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Over-Soul

-jbseth