The Umbrella Academy

Started by jbseth, July 13, 2019, 05:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi Deb, Hi All,

Hey, there's a new show on Netflix, called "The Umbrella Academy" that some Seth readers might enjoy. This story deals with issues having to do with manipulating and controlling the time continuum, amongst other things.

This story is about a small group of superheroes and it begins on the same day in October 1989, where 43 infants are inexplicably born to random, unconnected women who showed no signs of pregnancy the day before.

From here we learn that 7 of these children, were adopted by a Mr. Hargreeves, a billionaire industrialist, who creates The Umbrella Academy and prepares his "children" to save the world with their special powers. However, the family had its problems and now, some 30 years later, we find out where these people are in their lives, and how, in 3 days the world is headed for a global apocalypse.

In this series, there is a "commission" which is an agency that has appointed itself to be the guardian of the "time continuum". That is, this commission, which exists outside of time, controls the specific time continuum that they support and they do this by sending people out back and forth across time to remove anyone who poses any danger to their specific time continuum. This is done via manipulations or removals.

In Episode 5, which my wife and I watched last night, there was one scene, that showed a room where hundreds of people who worked for this "commission" were each given the responsibility of coordinating and controlling the activity of one specific "event".

We haven't watched the rest of the episodes yet and so I don't know anything about what is going to happen next.

If you're interested, you may want to check it out on Netflix.

Here's a couple of links about it on the internet.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1312171/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Umbrella_Academy_(TV_series)

-jbseth

Deb

I'm always looking for new Seth-like TV shows, so I'm in! Thank you!