The Unexpected

Started by Bigfoot_Forest, September 22, 2019, 08:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot_Forest

Hello. I have been wondering about Seth's take on "the unexpected" lately. Seth always put emphasis on the importance of your personal expectations and how they are the building-blocks of your reality. This appears to be the case (in my personal experience). However, I was wondering about what takes place when something unexpected happens, whether it is positive or negative. I am assuming if you expect a certain outcome and it does not happen or happens differently, that there are possibly other expectations or beliefs that steer the outcome in a different direction that you may or may not be aware of? Seth's information has changed my life and naturally this question has been on my mind for quite some time. I would appreciate anyone's perspective on this.

inavalan

In "The Individual and the Nature of Math Events", in Characteristics of Framework 2, Seth says:

"The coincidences that seem to happen, the chance encounters, the
unexpected events — all of these come into your experience because in
one way or another you have attracted them, even though their
occurrences might seem to have insurmountable odds against them.
Those odds — those impediments — do not exist in Framework 2."

Sena

Quote from: inavalan
"The coincidences that seem to happen, the chance encounters, the
unexpected events — all of these come into your experience because in
one way or another you have attracted them, even though their
occurrences might seem to have insurmountable odds against them.
Those odds — those impediments — do not exist in Framework 2."

Thanks, inavalan. Excellent quote.

Deb

Great quote @inavalan !

While we want specific things in our lives, the "how" of us obtaining those things is arranged in F2. What we consider unexpected could be a step provided by F2 that opens up the opportunities for us to reach our goals. A small example: Recently I was flying home from Europe. I had paid months in advance to be able to choose a seat. I chose a window seat near the front of the plane, but what I really wanted was a row to myself, which I thought was impossible on such a full flight. When I checked in at the airport, I was told the airline was not honoring the seat selections and I had to pick another seat. The ticket agent said the only window seats available were in the very back of the plane, and I took one. I ended up having the (2 seat) row to myself!

Based on that Seth quote, I attracted (and F2 arranged) the unexpected seat cancellation so I could get what I wanted.

Bigfoot_Forest

Thank you all for the responses. It seems as though I have been looking at individual situations and moments rather than the bigger picture. It makes sense that I attract unexpected situations that actually lead to originally expected outcomes in the best way possible. The concept of Framework 2 really is amazing. It feels great to have strong expectations knowing I can simply allow the "how" to work itself out. Of course this leads to unexpected scenarios because when Framework 2 works it's magic it really is remarkable and unexpected. It's great to have more clarity on this concept.

jbseth

Hi All,

In regards to why unexpected events occur, I think that there may be much more involved here than we may initially realize.

In, The Nature of Mass Events, Chapter 4, Session 826, Seth says: (bold font is mine)

[...] I know it is difficult to comprehend, but every object that you perceive — grass or rock or stone — even ocean waves or clouds — any physical phenomenon — has its own invisible consciousness, its own intent and emotional coloration. Each is also endowed with patterns toward growth and fulfillment — not at the expense of the rest of nature, but to the contrary, so that every other element of nature may also be completed (all with much emphasis).

At certain levels these intents of man and nature may merge. I am speaking in very simple terms now, and yet those involved in a flood, for example, want the past washed away, or want to be flooded by bursts of vital emotions such as disasters often bring. They want to feel a renewed sense of nature's power, and often, though devastated, they use the experience to start a new life.

Those with other intents will find excuses to leave such areas. There will be, perhaps, a chance meeting that will result in a hasty trip. On a hunch someone else might suddenly leave the area to find a new job, or decide to visit a friend in another state. Those whose experiences do not merge with nature's in that regard will not be part of that mass event. They will act on information that comes to them from Framework 2. Those who stay also act on the same information, by choosing to participate.

Then, in The Nature of Mass Events, Chapter 4, Session 827 , Seth says: (bold font is mine)

If you are involved in any kind of mass happening, from a concert to an avalanche, you are aware on other levels of all of the actions leading to that specific participation. If buildings are constructed of bricks quite visible, so mass events are formed by many small, invisible happenings — each, however, fitting together quite precisely in a kind of psychological masonry in which each of you has a mental hand. This applies to mass conversions and to natural disasters alike.

I take it from Seth's quote above, that when he says "on other levels", he means on something other than on a "conscious" level.

Now, given what Seth says in these 2 quotes, it appears to me that we sometimes merge our intention with that of nature in the formation of some mass event, like a flood. While we do this for our own reasons, we also do this in such a way that we aren't necessarily "consciously" aware of it. This then can make this mass event "appear" to be an unexpected event.

Along with this, in The Nature of Mass Events, Chapter 6, Session 835, Seth says the following. Seth begins this session by talking about positive suggestions and how they can be beneficial and then he says the following about war: (bold font is mine).

We often have in your society the opposite suggestion, however, given quite regularly: "Every day, in every way, I am growing worse, and so is the world." You have meditations for disaster, beliefs that invite private and mass tragedies. They are usually masked by the polite clothing of conventional acceptance. (Pause.) Many thousands may die in a particular battle or war, for example. The deaths are accepted almost as a matter of course. These are victims of war, without question. It seldom occurs to anyone that these are victims of beliefs (emphatically) — since the guns are quite real, and the bombs and the combat.

The enemy is obvious. His intentions are evil. Wars are basically examples of mass suicide — embarked upon, however, with all of the battle's paraphernalia, carried out through mass suggestion, and through the nation's greatest resources, by men who are convinced that the universe is unsafe, that the self cannot be trusted, and that strangers are always hostile. You take it for granted that the species is aggressively combative. You must out-think the enemy nation before you yourself are destroyed. These paranoiac tendencies are largely hidden beneath man's nationalistic banners.

Thus, I'd say that wars are the result of both private and mass negative beliefs. Furthermore, we may get caught up in hysteria of war without even realizing how we became involved in it.

-jbseth

inavalan

I believe that the following excerpts (from TES2, Session 56) are tied to other quotes in this thread. They give another perspective on the topic du jour: climate change (!):

Quote... My earlier remark that the weather affects your moods even as your moods affect the weather, is an important one. There is very much here to be explained. ...

In many cases people know truths that they do not realize with the intellect. From time immemorial they have felt emotionally recharged from a storm, and this is of course exactly what happens. The process involved is a constant, necessary and beneficial give and take that results in at least some kind of balance.

The emotional energy taken from individuals by nonidentity molecular structures is of course returned in a recharged and fresh fashion. Identity-forms or personalities simply cannot handle great surpluses of energy at this time. Therefore the process mentioned indeed acts as an important safety valve. This cannot be stressed too much.

There is an important relationship, then, between emotional energy and physical climate, and I hope to go into this more deeply. Much energy is used by any individual simply in the construction of the material universe on your plane. Excesses over this survival construction are used in various creative aspects, and represent the basics for culture and civilization.

Your wars are of course excess, poorly controlled emotional energy. In many cases you have been saved from wars by such things as earthquakes, tornadoes of a vast nature, and other physical catastrophes. It is not that your race has an instinct for destruction, although it does have what can really be called an instinct for manipulation. What seems to be a destructive instinct is instead an inability to control emotional energy, and to discharge it in a most effective manner.

With your growing population it becomes more difficult to discharge this energy in what I would call natural ways; that is, by letting it spill over into the nonidentity molecular realm. Privation naturally leads to great aggression of feeling. Where there is great privation there will be a cruel climate, but the climate does not cause the privation. The emotional aggression caused by privation caused the climate.

Weather goes in cycles, not because cycles are inherent in weather patterns, but because emotional cycles are inherent in individuals, and this also will be explained in time.

Because of the fact that bad weather has often saved man from wars in the very early stages of human development, man misconstrued this to mean that sacrifice to the elements could save him from calamities of this kind. Sacrifice has nothing to do with it. You have heard doubtlessly of emotional contagion, and of emotional climate, and these terms are well named. Energy changes form constantly, and if it is blocked in one direction it will choose another.

The Indian rain dances worked. Perhaps now you can understand the reason. ...