Started by LarryH, October 26, 2019, 09:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

And there's also this perspective.  :)

-jbseth

jbseth

Deb

Tears in my eyes. From laughing. That first video was priceless. Meatball parm!

I'd seen some of her shows years ago when I still had cable tv. I used to like John Edward too. What do you think about Theresa? I have a feeling just about anything on tv is scripted, so I never know what's really real. She's pretty popular, I see she's coming to the Paramount Theater in Denver in Dec. That's a fairly big venue for a psychic.

I can say I had a great reading from Chip Coffey 10 or so years ago. I was with a group doing an overnight investigation at Waverly Hills Sanitorium, and he was giving private readings. I said I didn't know what to do, do I ask him questions or does he just start talking? He said of course I have to ask him questions and then suddenly he got this weird look on his face, cocked his head, and gently asked "Who is Sophie?" Not a common name. But my dog Sophie, my shadow, had died suddenly the year prior, and I was still mourning and missing her. Of course it made me cry. I don't remember the rest of his reading, other than it was great and spot-on.

Another experience was with a novice meditation leader/spiritual guide Vin, again about 10 years ago. His wife is a horse whisperer, and that's how I met him. I used to drive up into the mountains once a week to take part in a small group meditation at their house. He was amazing with guided meditations, I'd actually feel sparkly clean and renewed afterwards. He was also trying to get into mediumship and one time I asked him about my father, who had died suddenly in 1976. Vin gave the usual reassuring drivel, but then told me he could see my father. Strange, he was wearing a white apron and had some sort of tools in his hands. Attached is the last picture taken of my father as he was retiring as a tool and die maker at Western Electric. Did Vin pick that out of my head? He'd never been to my house, didn't know me on a personal level, no one else knew about the old photo. Talking to "ghosts" or reading minds... there's something there.

Update: I just remembered this interesting synchronicity. I got Sophie from a breeder when she was 6-8 weeks old. For some reason I already had her name picked out before I even found a breeder. She was going to be Sophie. I mentioned that to a few friends and they all thought it was a weird name for a dog, why on earth...? I didn't know, I just knew that's who she was. When I picked her up at the breeder, I told her about the name thing. She said it wasn't weird, the pup's mother name was Sophia!

inavalan

Quote from: Deb
Update: I just remembered this interesting synchronicity. I got Sophie from a breeder when she was 6-8 weeks old. For some reason I already had her name picked out before I even found a breeder. She was going to be Sophie. I mentioned that to a few friends and they all thought it was a weird name for a dog, why on earth...? I didn't know, I just knew that's who she was. When I picked her up at the breeder, I told her about the name thing. She said it wasn't weird, the pup's mother name was Sophia!
I love dogs. All!

A few years ago, after a stronger storm (unusual for Santa Barbara), while taking my daily walk in the neighborhood, I found a german shephard wandering lost. A man, afraid to approach the dog, pointed her to me. That was obviously a well kept dog, that was disoriented. I petted the dog, talked to her, asked her to show me which was her house, and started to walk together. She was unsure. It was late, the night was falling. If I hadn't found her owner, I would've taken her home with me for the night. It seemed that the dog was pulling more toward a cul-de-sac, so I knocked at a door there, scaring a little a lady and her young son. They recognized the dog to belong to one of their neighbors. The dog's name was Sophie. Often, I don't catch people's names, but almost always remember dogs' names. Sophie got scared by the earlier storm, and ran away through a gate negligently left open by the gardeners. I returned Sophie into her yard, and closed / locked the gate. There was nobody at home. I crossed paths with Sophie only one other time after that. I still remember the warmth of her, a little shivering, body.

I love dogs, squirrels, craws, ... I like most animals.

LarryH

Deb, you can watch Long Island Medium episodes online. She is the real thing. Her readings are not scripted. If they are, there are a lot of really good unknown actors out there who can turn on the water works easily. You might also suspect that the shows are edited so that when she is wrong they just don't show that. But I saw her live about two years ago, and it was just like watching the show. Every person she talked to confirmed details that she brought up.

jbseth

Hi Deb, Hi All,

First of all, I'd like to thank Larry H for posting the SNL video. I thought this video was really great, like a lot of the skits they've done over the years.  :)

I don't know much about Theresa Caputo, though I have seen her books in the local bookstores over the years. Kelly Clarkson, only recently, in the last few months I believe, has become the host of her own TV talk show and so I think these 2 videos must be fairly recent.

For me personally, many years ago my wife and I, on a whim, went to see a psychic after attending a local psychic fair. When we met Norman, the psychic, we told him that we were open to the idea of psychics but that we really weren't looking for anything in particular from him. We were just kind of curious about what a psychic might be able to pick up about us. We have never met Norman before, we didn't know him and he didn't know us and we intentionally didn't divulge any specific information to him about ourselves.

Immediately after this, Norman went into a calm meditative state for about 1 minute and then he proceeded to share with each one of us, one at a time, what came to him.

My wife and I were both very amazed with what he had to share with us. While I don't remember the specific details, he pegged us both with numerous examples of very specific information about ourselves and our history. It was almost unnerving how spot on he was.

In the years since, I have had several personal experiences with intuitive thoughts seemingly coming to me from out of nowhere, only to discover later on that these insights were spot on.

For me personally, I truly believe Seth when he tells us that we each have an inner self and this inner self is telepathically linked to other inner selves.

I think that many psychics and intuitives, people like Jane Roberts, Norman, Allison DuBois and John Edward for example are able to tap into this source of information and share it with the world.

I'm not naïve however. I also suspect that there are some people out there who are making a living by faking the whole psychic thing for their own personal reasons.

I personally don't know very much about Theresa Caputo.  However, I am open to the possibility that she too might be like Jane Roberts and Norman.

- jbseth

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

So it sounds like Theresa is legitimate. Thanks for sharing that with us, I don't really know much about her.

Getting to see her then, must have been a real treat. I've always wanted to see John Edward, but the few times he's been to the area, it just never seems to have worked out.

I think the real benefit of having these people, John, Theresa, etc.  share their messages with the world is in opening other people up to the possibility that there may be something to this.

-jbseth

Deb

Hmmm, maybe I should take a look at ticket prices for when Theresa's in town. I did see James van Praagh live and was not impressed, he seemed kind of vague and fishing for some sort of feedback from the people he chose to speak with. I'll check out her show online too.

Quote from: inavalan
They recognized the dog to belong to one of their neighbors. The dog's name was Sophie. Often, I don't catch people's names, but almost always remember dogs' names.

Holy cow! What a great connection to my story! Funny, I'm like that too, I don't often remember people's names but I almost always remember their pets' names. I love most animals too, have had a lot of different pets. I had a friend who called me "Debbie Do-alot" lol.

Quote from: jbseth
Immediately after this, Norman went into a calm meditative state for about 1 minute and then he proceeded to share with each one of us, one at a time, what came to him.

I had an experience similar to that, a friend gave me a reading with a local psychic as a gift. She totally blew my socks off, but then when I went back a second time nothing seemed to fit. I guess even psychics have off days. I just wish they would admit it and not insist on getting paid when they're not getting anything. I'd have a LOT more confidence in and respect for someone who did that.

jbseth

Hi All,

In TES6, Session 242, Seth talks about the communication that occurs between a personality who exists within the physical system and that of a survival personality (the personality that exists after death). He also talks about the reorganization of the personality that occurs after death. In addition to this, he also talks about his communication with Jane. All in all, this session contains a wealth of information that's related to this topic of mediums and after death communication. Because of this, I thought that some of the people here might find this very interesting and so I thought I'd post much of this session here since it gives us much of Seth's understanding of this topic.

Because this is rather long, I've removed much of the dialogue such as "Good evening" and the comments made by Rob during their breaks, etc. so as to focus upon Seth's words only.

TES6, Session 242:

Now. As I have told you in the past, the individual does indeed survive physical death, but there is a reorganization of psychological elements that compose the personality. The personality, even as you know it, is never static, always changing, and even the ego is not the same from one day to the next.

The child's ego is not the adult's ego. As a rule you perceive the similarity, and overlook the differences of psychological patterns of this sort. The ego is not the most powerful or the most knowledgeable portion of the self. It is simply a well-specialized portion of the personality, well equipped to operate under certain circumstances.

When these circumstances no longer exist, then other layers of the self take over the dominant position, and the personality realigns its psychological components. The ego does not disappear, however. It merely takes a back seat in some respects, as your own subconscious does during physical existence.

When you sleep the ego becomes unfocused, but still present, and its goals and attitudes to some extent do color dream experiences. The survival personality has somewhat the same relationship to the ego as the dreaming personality has to it now.

It is a great mistake to imagine that the human being has but one ego, however. The ego represents merely any given pattern of characteristics, psychological characteristics, that happen to be dominant at any given time. If any kind of a thorough investigation were to be carried on, it would become apparent that during one lifetime any given individual will display several, sometimes quite different, egos at various times, each one quite honestly seeing itself as the permanent I.

A survival personality in many respects is psychologically much different from the individual that he was. The ego is now under the control of what may be loosely called the inner self. When communications take place between a survival personality and a personality who exists within the physical system, then this involves a reshuffling, again, on the part of the survival personality, where the ego is momentarily given greater reign.

There is the same sort of disorientation that the ego experiences within physical reality when an individual dreams. The same sort of psychological reshuffling occurs. If it did not occur, then in most cases communication would not be possible, simply because the survival personality would have such difficulty in impressing the personality who was still ego-oriented within the physical system.

The survival personality for example relies mainly upon telepathic communication. The survival personality does not think in terms of words, but experiences concepts in a much more direct manner. This sort of thing simply could not be understood by the physically-oriented individual.

[...]

The survival personality therefore momentarily inserts his ego in its old position. It can then interpret this data in terms that can be received and understood. This reassembly however does cause some disorientation on the part of the survival personality. The ego, back in its dominant position, finds the circumstances difficult to deal with. It is being asked to manipulate in a manner unfamiliar to it. The survival personality's inner self gives this reassembled ego concepts in the same way that, often, the subconscious gives the ego concepts in physical existence.

This reassembled ego then attempts to perceive these concepts in terms of sense perceptions, which are sent as communications to the physical individual at the other end. Sometimes the communications are made directly, though they must be sifted through the subconscious of the physical individual. When the physical individual is trained along these lines however, he helps in this process, and a psychological framework, like a bridge, is erected that serves to connect the two personalities.

[...]

Now. When you consider that in sleep the ego is not dominant, then it should not seem strange to you that it is not dominant after death.

In sleep there is no need for it to be dominant, nor is there under survival conditions. In sleep other areas of the self are being trained through their own kind of experience, and psychic organizations are built up, dispensed with, and built up again in a sort of practice maneuver.

These levels of the self have known self-consciousness in other existences, before the present one. But they cannot be allowed to remain completely dormant, but must continually reassert their characteristics and abilities.

They share physical life with you therefore, whether the ego realizes this or not. After this existence the ego will not remain dormant either. It simply will not be the dominant psychological entity that it is during physical existence.

I am aware of the various egotistical selves that I have been. I am still each of these selves, but the whole self that I am is dominant now. The psychological structure has changed, but it has changed not only in realignments but in quality. For I am aware of all my selves.

[...]

In my communications to you, I speak as my whole self, and not on the part of any one of the egos which have been dominant in other existences. If I had known either of you as contemporaries within your physical time in your present existence, then after death I would have assumed, once again, the dominant ego by which you had known me. I am not tied to physical existence by any strong emotional bonds however, and my personality structure is more advanced than is usual for communicators from other systems.

I do not need therefore to adopt a past ego. Perhaps because this is not necessary, the psychological bridge of which I have spoken is necessary in order to make my communications comprehensible to Ruburt.

[...]

This connecting psychological framework does some of the translating for me, that a reassembled ego would do for me. It delivers information to Ruburt in a way which he can understand. Occasionally I do communicate without this psychological framework, as when I impress him directly, telepathically, with a concept.

When he receives data in the form of images, the psychological framework is operating. On my end this framework projects imagery, and with my direction it uses Ruburt's own personal associations to direct his impressions toward the correct point. Then when we are successful I insert the correct data.

I am a communicator. The control personality, so-called, in our case, is entirely passive, the psychological framework to which I have referred, and shall remain so.

- jbseth

LarryH

A survival personality in many respects is psychologically much different from the individual that he was. The ego is now under the control of what may be loosely called the inner self. When communications take place between a survival personality and a personality who exists within the physical system, then this involves a reshuffling, again, on the part of the survival personality, where the ego is momentarily given greater reign.

This reminds me of an account by Whitley Strieber of his communications from his deceased wife Anne, during which she relayed this: "I am no longer Anne, but for you I will always be Anne."

inavalan

Quote from: LarryH
"I am no longer Anne, but for you I will always be Anne."

That statement makes sense for multi-dimensional identities, those from which we incarnate / project in this Reality. That allows my "surviving personality" to interact with my parents' "surviving personalities" as they being my parents, and at the same time allows to my parents to interact with their parents' "surviving personalities" as being children of their parents.

This model allows Seth to teach simultaneously Jane and many others.

inavalan

In TES6, Session 242, Seth talks about the communication that occurs between a personality who exists within the physical system and that of a survival personality ...

Thanks @jbseth great quote!