Expanding your computer into a Linux Operating System

Started by James Sidaway, November 14, 2019, 12:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Sidaway

Expanding your computer into a Linux Operating System

If you are a MS user you will be pleased to find out that you can take back control of your basic command over what your computer does... for free... well, you need to put in effort in exchange for more computer freedom.

Since the most computer still in use have become VM (virtual machine) compatible,  you don't have to make your box dual-boot to use Linux and MS. (I started out on my brother's Apple IIc with 64K Ram, but got hooked on Linux in 1998 and never looked back except for using software that required MS, but "WINE" has very few errors running MS now-a-days.)

I like pushing a OS and box to it full capacity, but since Windows8 came out, MS impeded the purchaser/user from controlling everything.  I found out that there are so many back-doors within the new-generation MS control-freak OS that if you go online within seconds MS will be flagged and they start changing software switches.  My conclusion with MS Win10 is "forget it"  It is designed to be hacked into.

So, Win 7 was the last version of MS that has real security, after that security is virtual or an illusion.

Choosing and Distribution of Linux

I would automatically suggest a proven user-friendly version of Linux and there are lots to be found.
I started with Debian and tried twenty or thirty independent distributions... right now I am running ...  wait for it.....
Debian.

Ubuntu is more automated and thus user friendly, but Debian is the basis for the Ubuntu distributions.
Lets look at the best site to pick which distribution you may wish to try:  distrowatch.com  used to be called distrowatch.org because it was open source and community based. 
In 2005: http://i.imgur.com/CUleMWJ.png Ubuntu was the most popular and created many many new Linux users because of the hands off automatic detection of hardware and no need to personalize the "Kernel" of the OS for the computer's hardware...  We don't even consider this anymore... users have become less and less computer savvy and more "just work for me, I don't want to know how it works."   And that is what you get with most OS nowadays as AI takes over.

I heard Rex Bear say in his last  Wal Thornhill interview that a quantum computer solving computation for 200 seconds would take an older super-computer 10,000 years.  Yes this is vague, but this is the kind of robustness that AI requires for it's semantic modelling architecture.  Linux would not work in such a mainframe hardware, neither any of the OS you would be familiar with...  This is the type of New OS that is being set-up to rule the World-Governance system... but that is another story.

So I haven't tried to put much time into evaluating the new Linux distributions for a couple years.  Lets look at the popularity today:  http://i.imgur.com/itlnxuJ.png

MX Linux must be user friendly and no should run fast on 10 year old computers.  And I see it is Debian based... that's the one to go for.  Debian has more community supported stable packages than any other Dist.

You can look at the OS being a pyramid... the kernel is at the base and meshes with the hardware, Debian is at the apex making everything below do what it is asked to do.  You are tapped into the apex asking Debian to perform your tasks at hand.  Linux is very cool in that on more powerful mainframes and desktops, you just hit, say, Ctrl-Alt-F4 and you are instantly into another virtual-machine where you can login as another user and run computations, then press Ctrl-Alt-F2, and your are back where you left off writing your report. 

The stability of Linux compared to MS allows your computer to not crash like older WinXX versions.  Wow, Win95 and Win98 days were a crash every hours usually... Now, its the back-doors and viruses and trojans that scares users to buy security.

Manjaro is Arch based... Arch is from Canada... better to stay away from that when a better Debian (Global) Dist is out-ranking Manjaro.  I tried it... naaa.

Mint is Debian based and is great for automated set-up.  It is a type of Ubuntu so it is very user friendly and has lots of users creating help for new users.  You even get to skip having to setup the unfree stuff like software to watch movie dvds or creating and burning mp3s.

Next is Debian itself and then Ubuntu (which is Debian based)  Looks like my intuition was working when I chose Debian to get started with Linux twenty years ago.

Another very useful distribution that is so small it installs on any old computer you may find...  Puppy-Linux is packed with smart features.
Lets see if it is still going strong...  http://i.imgur.com/Ul7ob53.png
Wow!  Rank 22 is fantastic!
It will be the fastest OS you will likely ever use on an older computer.  For running a virtual machine off of MS there is likely nothing better.
"Puppy Linux 8.0 "BionicPup". A forum post lists the changes in 8.0: "Built with woofce using Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver packages and various .pet packages."  https://distrowatch.com/index.php?distribution=puppy
Nice, Puppy8.0 is back to being Ubuntu and Debian based... can't get much better than that, haaa!

Normally, on my computer I setup up partitions for windows recovery if not already there, but be wary about Windows 10.  I bought a used 2016 desktop a year ago that had its login locked up with windows10.  I bypassed the MS and turned the boot-up to run Linux rather than MS of course.  I turned off Win10's access to Internet to keep them out.  Everything, everything I could turn off as administrator was shut-down...  after weeks of trouble-free use, I accidentally left the wifi link up when accidentally booting Win10 and realized that Win10 had wifi for about a minute.  All the Admin disabling of the communications was useless, which mean there might be a nano OS that is hidden withing the huge CPU... (Bill Gates was Knighted by "royalty" after throwing tons of debt-notes at... financing the nano-tech that is mostly unknown to the public.)

https://popularresistance.org/new-intel-based-pcs-permanently-hackable/
Apparently, the CMOS battery has enough juice to keep that embedded nanochip-OS up and running 24/7... constantly monitoring.  Older good computers are being destroyed rather than made useful again with Puppy-like OS improvements over MS.  Pushing the Win10 (overkill) OS for average browser/letter-writing users brings in the need for faster computers.

So, computers later then 2013 are potentially linked to the cell-towers with a nanotech nano-computer accessible at anytime.  That desktop that I lost control over to MS lock me out of changing my boot-sector, and any partition with MS on it.  I couldn't even wipe all the MS garbage off the partitions that they were on...  but I was fortunate in that I had access to reverting back to Win8.0... and it functions, but the dual boot only can be performed through line commands since MS still had the boot sector locked.  Of course, MS taking control over the administrator's responsibility and hard-drive and Internet activation, further hides the embedded nano-tech (that most are unaware of) while accessing personal data and usage.  That's just wicked...

Yep...  Linux sure has a future when AI-gone-wild is seen as the downfall of the thUgtopians effort in turning the "sheeple-"society upside-down.  http://i.imgur.com/BAE2Zv7.png  "Divining Serpent" (Vatican) has a sheep altar in the Basilica?  Amazing!  Eyes wide-shut.  haa!

The Linux salvation will begin as all the sabotage microwave towers have their power-supply annexed to release all the wireless, brainchip-zombies from eating the "sheeple" of the, in the past https://www.vice.com/en_nz/article/vvxggd/vince-li-who-beheaded-and-ate-another-man-on-bus-set-free
present and future.

The ancient-design, nano-tech computer covertly-installed upon Vincent's brain (like into that which was covertly installed into Magnus Olsson https://magnusolssonsweden.wordpress.com/ in 2005)  does not use Linux, nor anything any of us know, it could even be AI derived already and possibly using back-engineered, quantum hardware from Lumanian ingenuity.  ( I think this is very likely, the way we were riding horses a hundred years ago, and how Tesla instantly stopped inventing, once JP Morgan stomped his feet.  Why did Tesla suddenly withdraw... cause any more may have undermine control of the "profane?"  hmmm).  Now, we have remote-control or heterodyned bio-robots controlled by a central-command, pretending to be an "evil-force" (totally believed by bible-thumping preachers to convince the dumbed-down "sheeple...")

I see wiki even has Timothy McLean in it... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tim_McLean even said "he was like a robot..."  that surprised me that they would mock the "sheeple" that far.   They just don't believe what Seth is telling them in "Mass Events"  The Ends Never Justifies The Means!  They think they are home-free within a single time-overlay and that miracles like Seth/Jane/Rob just don't happen.  How can they be startled to their senses, away from "EXITUS ACTA PROBAT", let alone improving their inner senses that they self-impede through their self-hate and greed?

These thUgtopians are actually why Seth put all that spiritual effort and training of Ruburt to bridge-in in the first place.  The hidden menace to mankind's true blueprint.

Wasn't that fun?

James Sidaway

Quote from: James Sidaway
I heard Rex Bear say in his last  Wal Thornhill interview that a quantum computer solving computation for 200 seconds would take an older super-computer 10,000 years.  Yes this is vague,

"A classical computer has a clock speed measured in gigahertz. This translates to a processing speed of a few billion simple logic operations per second. To add context, consider that the processing power of quantum computers is measured in teraflops. Or trillions of logic operations per second.
In 2015, Google and NASA reported that their new 1097-qubit D-Wave quantum computer had solved an optimization problem in a few seconds. That's 100 million times faster than a regular computer chip. They claimed that a problem their D-Wave 2X machine processed inside one second would take a classical computer 10,000 years to solve."  http://quantumly.com/quantum-computer-speed.html

Deb

Phew, way over my head. I'm a Mac person anyway.

I worked at the IEEE back in the 70s and saw my first computer there. It filled an entire room. And data was entered with punch cards. I think it's only job was to store the mailing list.

I also saw my first word processor there, it was an IBM MagCard typewriter. It was a large typewriter that had a big separate tower that sat on the floor and stored and read data with magnetic cards that looked like... get this... punch cards! The same exact size and shape as punch cards, but without the holes, and coated with a magnetic substance of some sort. You'd think they would have gotten more creative with the design.