Out for a week

Started by jbseth, January 11, 2020, 12:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

On Monday I'm flying down to visit my sister for a week or so in Arizona.

My sister has been fighting off cancer for a long time now and the various kemo treatments that they've given her don't seem to be working. She's tired of being exhausted and sick all the time and has recently announced that she has decided to discontinue all kemo.

I definitely honor her decision.

While she has a different set of religious / philosophical beliefs than I do, she has often in her life come from a place of love, which, when I get out of my ego self, I think is probably how we all should be approaching life.

I'm thankful for Jane, Rob and Seth for doing the work of presenting the Seth material to the world. It gives me a way of understanding what might be involved in the potential future experiences that my sister will go through and have.

We all will ultimately make the transition from here to the other side at some point in our lives and if what Seth tells us is true (and I "believe" that it very well may be) then we've all probably done so, several times.

I'll be gone for a week or so, so don't be surprised when you don't hear anything from me during this time.

Love to you all.

-jbseth

Deb

Hi jbseth, so sorry to hear about your sister. I've never had to deal directly with a loved fighting cancer and that has to be one of the hardest things to handle.

I had cancer in 2004, went through the chemo treatments, and while it all worked out for me I was pretty skinny and weak by the end of the treatments and my immune system was trashed.

Some people are so afraid of death that they will continue treatments, regardless of the prognosis, which makes for a miserable ending. I admire her decision to discontinue treatment, she must know herself.

Love and strength to you. When my ex-mother-in-law was dying a couple of months ago, I'd told my ex about Anita Moorjani's book. He actually bought it, read it, and read parts to his mother while she was in the hospital. Not sure if it did anything for MIL, but it did help my ex. I think you've mentioned in the past that you'd read it.

BTW if you want me to move this post to Non-public Discussions I could do that. Then it would only be visible to logged-in members. No need for that, I just thought I'd offer.

My best to you.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had cancer and had to go through Chemo.  That's some pretty horrendous business as you know.

Yes, I too have, and have read, Anita Moorjani's book. I think that it's one of the very best NDE books there is.

I'm going to take a couple of NDE books like Anita's with me so that I can share their stories with my sister. From conversations I've had with her in the past, I don't think that she has any fear of death, but I think that she was hopeful that the Chemo would work. This is not the first time that she has gone through chemo and after this latest round, perhaps the last 8 to 12 months or so, it doesn't seem to be working this time, the cancer has metastisized (don't think I spelled that right) throughout her body and I think that she's just exhausted and tired of being sick and worn out all the time.

I have no issue with this being on the public message board, but thanks for the offer to move it.

I've been quite busy today and probably won't get back to the forum until I get back, which will be on Wednesday, Jan 22, at the earliest.

Thanks again Deb.

-jbseth

Sena

Quote from: jbseth
On Monday I'm flying down to visit my sister for a week or so in Arizona.
jbseth, my thoughts are with you on your journey of compassion.

chasman

jbseth,
       you and your sister and all your loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.

and I wish for you and her and all, peace and all love and all good things.

I am happy for your sister that she has such a kind loving intelligent, compassionate and good brother.

and she sounds like she is a wonderful woman and sister.

kindest regards,
Charlie

T.M.

Hi All

Hi Jbseth,

Sorry to hear your sister has cancer and has to go through chemo. I affirm the best for her and you. She has a wonderful brother!!
I hope your travels are safe also!