Larry Dossey on cell biology and cancer

Started by Sena, January 13, 2020, 11:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

Suppose I want to create reality by thinking, "I want all the cells in my body to be alive and healthy". Larry Dossey points out that this kind of thinking is a serious mistake. The reason is that it is perfectly natural for millions of cells in the body to die. Good health is a result of a good balance between cells dying and cells living. If cells live and multiply in the wrong way, the result could be cancer.

This is a quote from Dossey's book:

"The normal tendency of our cells to commit suicide has consequences for how we pray. Because this process is crucial for our survival, to pray that all the cells in our body live and flourish is a negative prayer. If such a prayer were answered, it would be fatal. At the cellular level we need death as much as life; our existence depends on a delicate balance between the two. This means that every prayer for life is also a prayer for death, for if only life prevailed at the cellular level, no cells would die and the delicate balance of survival would be fatally upset. At the level of our tissues, "May the Almighty slay and preserve me equally!" is a more rational prayer than asking for life alone. In order to be healthy, we need just the right amount of the cellular curse. Too little cellular suicide is as fatal as too much. Rather than agonizing about what the right balance may be, the best solution may be to pray, "May the cells in my body behave normally," and leave the details to our cellular wisdom and that of the Almighty. Any other approach may not work or may actually backfire as a curse in disguise." (from "Be Careful What You Pray For, You Might Just Get It: What We Can Do About the Unintentional Effects of Our Thoughts, Prayers and Wishes" by Larry Dossey)

From the Kindle edition: http://amzn.eu/j8smAhP

Seth does refer to cell death in the following extract:

"Here cells die and are replaced. Knowing their own indestructibility, the CU's within them simply change form, retaining however the identity of all the cells that they have been. (Intently:) While the cell dies physically, its inviolate nature is not betrayed. It is simply no longer physical." (from "The "Unknown" Reality, Volume One (A Seth Book)" by Jane Roberts, Robert F. Butts)

inavalan

In my experience, the best way is to direct your clear, precise requests to your subconscious in terms of optimum result, and let it do it the way it knows to be best.

Subconscious' ways can be quite unexpected, so you really have to be clear and precise to avoid unpleasant consequences of your requests.

Deb

Interesting how Dossey uses the term "commit suicide," I've not heard that used in terms of cell death before. But as Seth said, any death could be termed suicide since we predetermine our deaths before we even inhabit these bodies. Seth did talk a lot about cell death, I've added a few more below. To me it's like Seth saying that viruses are sometimes necessary in order to reset or cleanse the body (something like that).

"survival is dependent upon the cell's innate wisdom: The cell must die finally for the body to survive, and only by dying can the cell further its own development, and therefore insure its own greater survival. So the cell knows that to die is to live."
—UR1 Section 2: Session 688 March 6, 1974

"Here cells die and are replaced. Knowing their own indestructibility, the CU's within them simply change form, retaining however the identity of all the cells that they have been. (Intently:) While the cell dies physically, its inviolate nature is not betrayed."

"In the body certain cells "kill" others, and in so doing the body's living integrity is maintained. The cells do each other that service (with gestures). In the exterior world certain animals "kill" others. You had for centuries, then, speaking in your limited terms, a situation in which men and animals were both hunters and prey. In those misty eras7 — from your standpoint — these activities were carried on with the deepest, most sacred comprehension. Again, the slain animal knew that it would "later" look out through its slayer's eyes8 — attaining a newer, different kind of consciousness. The man, the slayer, understood the great sense of harmony that existed even in the slaying, and knew that in turn the physical material of his body would be used by the earth to replenish the vegetable and animal kingdoms."

"Each of you automatically heal yourselves day by day, as you know. Cells die and are born. You renew your bodies every seven years, all without your conscious knowledge. You use the energy of the universe to heal yourselves constantly, but you have very definite conceptions of how this healing can take place and what is possible and what is not possible. You expect the cells of your body to be replaced. You expect your image to continue day by day, although the physical matter of your image today has not one atom or molecule within it that was a portion of your image ten years ago. The bodies that you had ten years ago are dead and gone, and you never missed them, and you do not feel dead."
—TECS2 ESP Class Session, November 10, 1970

Sena

Quote from: Deb
"survival is dependent upon the cell's innate wisdom: The cell must die finally for the body to survive, and only by dying can the cell further its own development, and therefore insure its own greater survival. So the cell knows that to die is to live."
Deb, thanks for finding these quotes. It seems to me that there is common ground here between Seth and the scientific viewpoint of Larry Dossey.

Sena

Quote from: inavalan
Subconscious' ways can be quite unexpected, so you really have to be clear and precise to avoid unpleasant consequences of your requests.
inavalan, I agree.