Flipside: A Journey Into the Afterlife

Started by Deb, January 18, 2020, 12:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

This is a documentary I came across in a roundabout way, started by jbseth's post on NDEs. Long story short, I came across a Quora post by a man (Richard Martini) who mentioned he made a documentary about Michael Newton (a hypnotherapist) who has become well known due to his work in past-life regression. Newton explains in this video that he was a skeptic and sort of "fell into" this speciality by accident when he was using hypnosis to treat a patient. The person regressed to an injury in a past life that was causing pain in the current life. Newton has written several books about past-life regression. I read one or two a couple of years ago, they were interesting. I don't recall if Newton ever mentioned simultaneous time in them, which would change the idea of "past" lives to concurrent incarnations. I found the documentary very interesting and a lot of what's said fits in with Seth for the most part. It's available on Amazon for $1.99 and is 1.5 hours long. It's not really professionally done cinematically, but it's the stories I'm interested in. This is something that really stuck out to me:

A woman who has been hypnotized and regressed to a life of being in a concentration camp during WW2 talks about her experiences of being imprisoned, then dying in a gas chamber. Later, at about 46 minutes into the film, she explains (from her perspective of being nonphysical in between lives) what is learned from things such as the Holocaust. It was surprising but clear. The man speaking here is the hypnotherapist. I've added the bracketed and parenthetical stuff for clarity:

Quote from: the documentary
Caption: "In front of her council, she learns why she chose a life during the Holocaust."

Woman: All of the participants [victims and perpetrators] collectively showed others about love, greed, hate, love, strength, enduring, enduring no matter what, surviving the worst on a deeper level.

Man: You mean those in the camps?

Woman: Uh-huh. In the camps, but also those that participated.

Man: Those who participated as well?

Woman: Those who participated also. It was like two... there were many polarities being played out and all participants were a part of that demonstration.

Man: So even the ones we would call the perpetrators had a role in this. Is that right?

Woman: You know, from this side [nonphysical] (sighs)...

Man: From your council... [these are the guides/council during the "debriefing" phase in the nonphysical]

Woman: From this side of where I stand (sigh) it was much easier to be the victim than the perpetrator. I know that sounds really harsh, but it was much harder because the pain of the soul, even though everyone agreed, the pain of knowing that you could cause such suffering... terrible hurt to people... was unbearable for many of them. And, not standing up. It's about courage.

There was a woman regressed who was less convincing than the rest, she talked about being with Jesus. I could have done without that (no beard, trimmed hair, sounded Caucasian, light brown hair, gold-brown eyes, she sounded too subjective). Here's a short trailer. BTW if you decide to watch the documentary, and then decide it's not that interesting, I would suggest you scrub ahead to the last 10-15 minutes. I thought that was a real bonus.

https://youtu.be/-3lax8qcKXI

inavalan

Your post reminded me of a couple of searches I saved:

Sorry but you must log in to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you must log in to view spoiler contents.

Deb

Quote from: Seth
It is true however to say that the memories of the physically-oriented ego take their place with memories that were once subconscious. I am speaking now of the psychological makeup of the survival personality. The memories remain in physical existence. There is no real distinction between psychological reality and physical reality. The physically-oriented ego manufactures this distinction of necessity.

Quote from: Seth
When hypnosis is more clearly understood and used, and when certain other psychological devices are discovered, it will then be possible to change focus in such a manner, and through psychological testing discover the personality types, the individual types who dwell in various stages of the subconscious.

These various stages of the subconscious represent what was once the conscious ego of an individual, left now almost like living archeological heritage, from which the present individual may draw both knowledge, psychic continuity and balance.

Great quotes, thank you. It's interesting how many times Seth mentions access to memory of past lives. It was particularly interesting to me in regard to this documentary because that did come up. Also towards the end (the last 15 minutes) one of the participants (this was actually a training workshop for hypnotherapists, they themselves were hypnotized to learn the techniques) says that in the nonphysical he could see everything as energy, and tried to explain that geometric "shapes" retain energy (emotions, experiences) of all our past lives and help guide us through our current one.

For some reason the "geometric shapes" rang a bell but right now I can't remember why. Definitely a past explanation of fractal geometry. Maybe Bruce Lipton in the Spontaneous Evolution book.