Author Topic: Save a Draft  (Read 934 times)

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~earth spirit~
    • Urban Farming
Save a Draft: Once you click on Reply, the Save a Draft button will appear below the text box, next to Post and Preview. You can continue to Save as you add to the Post to keep saving your changes. The drafts will appear in a list below the post box. You can log out and come back to your saved Drafts. You will find them in your Profile under Profile Info/Show Drafts. Just click Edit to reactivate a Draft. You will need to delete your old drafts eventually, as they are not automatically deleted when they are posted.

NOTE: If you are using the Quick Reply box at first, Save a Draft will not be available until you Preview your post.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:51:25 PM by Deb »

Offline strangerthings

• WordSushi
  • Sethie II
  • Be kind and gentle on yourself, but move forward.
    • A Private and Creative Environment for Individual Studying Inner Self
Re: Save a Draft
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 08:00:57 PM »
  • Quote Entire Post (or highlight some text for a PARTIAL quote)
  • Boy I sure hope I am not stepping in some boundary I am not suppose to LOL totally not my intention. Move thy post where you will if needed.

I just wanted to add that using something like notepad or something like it to write your posts out before posting can be a dear saver on bandwidth etc. It can be of use to some people who are international and only have an alotted amount of usage. Also, if for some reason it should be a long post and something happens to your computer or browser, it wont go poof when the browser crashes.

It just a handy tool if you need to think about things before typing it all out and it might be rather long. Just remember which board you were on if you are not logged in. *S*
    “I form the light, and I create darkness; I make the weal, and I create the woe. I am the Lord who do all these things.” ~ Your I AMness

Offline Deb

• Administrator
    • ~earth spirit~
      • Urban Farming
    Re: Save a Draft
    « Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 12:57:37 AM »
  • Quote Entire Post (or highlight some text for a PARTIAL quote)
  • Quote from: strangerthings
    I just wanted to add that using something like notepad or something like it to write your posts out before posting can be a dear saver on bandwidth etc.

Thanks, no worries, no overstepping involved. I actually do that myself, using TextEdit on my Mac. One thing to keep in mind with copy & paste from either wordprocessing programs or other web sites is that some formatting codes can be carried over and that will mess up your post. Best practice is to work in plain text and also run quotes taken from other web sites thru plain text to remove any formatting.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
    Name: Email:
    Verification:
    Type the letters shown in the picture
    Listen to the letters / Request another image
    Type the letters shown in the picture:
    The opposite of black:
    Twelve divided by two (word):