counterparts -what you think

Started by narvik2, March 02, 2020, 10:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Quote from: narvik2
Yes, stocks are dropping - so my lifetime savings.  World economics - is there anything that can grow forever...in this way?

I think we're all in the same boat, except for the super rich, the playing field has been leveled for all. The market will recover, it always does, but it will take time and maybe there will be more lessons learned so eventually this kind of thing will be better handled or prevented.

Quote from: Marianna
It is a most remarkable adventure.
I don't think I want to come back to my life as it used to be. This time for slowing down and reflection will help me to implement some changes.
It is the understanding of things that can grow forever  And when you are in your proper good place, you cannot be destitute. The abundance will come inevitably.

Yes, I agree! Change is scary and people feel out of control right now (with good reason). But change is inevitable and more and more people are seeing this as opportunity for catalyst for spiritual growth.

The following quotes were up on FB a week or two ago, I'm just now getting to post them here. But I thought they were timely to this topic (as often happens) and very good.

Counterpart explanation from Rob:

"Within the context of my discussion, reincarnation is Seth's historical version of his counterpart concept, which is that each of us is physically connected with certain other males and females who are living at the same time we are, and who are exploring physical life from a variety of viewpoints in ways that no one physical self could possibly match. This means that each reincarnational self has its own cluster of counterpart selves within its own time period, and that all are interconnected on nonphysical levels, joining together like magical gears meshing in constantly changing patterns across time and reality. And once one understands ideas of reincarnation and counterparts in these terms, it becomes difficult to think of one without the other, so inevitable do they appear to be."
—DEaVF1 Essay 7: Friday, May 7, 1982

Soul mates by Seth, I bolded what meant the most to me.

"People have written here asking about soul mates. In certain circles this is the latest vogue. The idea is an old one; it is based upon the reality of counterparts, and presents another version of the theory. But, again, it is treated with an almost pompous seriousness. (Pause.) Many of those who use the term do it to hide rather than to release their own joyful abilities. They spend time searching for their soul mates — but the search involves them in a pilgrimage for a kind of impossible communication with another, in which all division is lost, with the two then trying to join in a cementing oneness, suffocating all sense of play or creativity. You are not one part, or one half, of another soul, searching through the annals of time for your partner, undone until you are completed by your soul mate.

—UR2 Section 6: Session 732 January 22, 1975

narvik2

"You are meant to deal with your immediate, primary experience, and in so doing you take care of YOUR responsibility. You are able to take action in your own experience, and therefore affect others. You do not have to be ignorant of wars in other corners of the world, or close your eyes. But if you allow those experiences to overcloud your present, valid intersection with reality, then you speak and act from a position not your own, and deny the world whatever benefits your own present version of reality might allow you to give."
Deb, what a wonderful quote, thanks! So relevant!

I Love this forum!
In these times it's So important, this is a place that shines light.  To read this information and insights.  Yes, my family is fine and courageous, but only one reading Seth info here (or around) is me.  There is a big difference to read  (and think) it by myself or to share it with you.

Marianna

Quote from: T.M.
Is this somehow a way to embracing those with a different, newer outlook, while those of the past clear the way, or check out?
Yes, T.M., it seems to me this is so. But anyway, I am sure, even among older people there are those with clear head, who will not be affected.

Marianna

Quote from: Deb
Change is scary and people feel out of control right now (with good reason).
Deb, why - with good reason? Because they are used to feeling powerless and have not been taught to feel otherwise?

Deb

Deb, why - with good reason? Because they are used to feeling powerless and have not been taught to feel otherwise?

Well, things ARE changing rather quickly right now. And yes, I think most people are taught to conform and give away their power.

Federal and local governments are adding new restrictions daily, investments are dwindling, businesses are being shut down, many people are out of jobs (most  temporarily I think), schools and non-essentials (gyms, library) are closed, stores are still being emptied of staples. For some reason(s) we have chosen this probability, but on a subconscious level and so I can understand why some will have a feeling of helplessness or lack of control during all of this. Everyone will be affected in different ways (some not at all)—through personal probabilities. Also, this is very different from anything most people have been through. Sometimes it can be hard to remember that this too shall pass.

I'm glad to see things finally being shut down, travel restricted. I feel like the entire world should suspend everything for two weeks, all at the same time, and let the planet reset itself.

Seth readers tend to see this world event differently. Not everyone has had the pleasure of reading things like:

"A problem need not be negative. A problem is a challenge. It is only negative when you look at it in that aspect. A problem is usually the opportunity for change, growth and development."
~ Seth (Jane Roberts) July 21 1970 - ESP Class Sessions Book 2

I believe that. There's always something I learn from problems. I'm already seeing changes as a result of the virus and there's a whole lot of problem solving going on.

There's a lot more to the quote, I'll put it in a spoiler. Lots of wisdom in there.

Sorry but you must log in to view spoiler contents.

Marianna

I'm already seeing changes as a result of the virus and there's a whole lot of problem solving going on.
Yes Deb, you are right. I don't know about other people - I can only talk about my own problem solving - figuring out my own priorities and finding solutions to problems. About being affected... I consider myself unaffected in any bad way. Only in good ways. I can watch what is going on and remain unaffected.
Constant calls, appointments, mails and repairs - started to weigh heavy on me. But I couldn't shake them off, since they are "my work". Not fun work, but work. Though it feels good to be able to manage things successfully.

Deb

About being affected... I consider myself unaffected in any bad way. Only in good ways. I can watch what is going on and remain unaffected.

Great to know! Other than my retirement account looking a bit sick, it's pretty much life as usual so far. I do know some others that are affected, but most of that is financial. I have a client who works two jobs (Sachs and her own facial business) and is out of work. She's a single mother so I feel for her. And my son and his GF both have restaurant jobs, are each living paycheck to paycheck. But they came back early from their little vacation to look for jobs, so hopefully they'll find something rather quickly because of this: while there are so many businesses closed right now and laying people off, there other other businesses like grocery chains, Amazon, 7-11, delivery services that have picked up tremendously and are hiring. My son drives for GrubHub, part-time, so going full time is an option. He'll probably make more money because as a cook he doesn't get tips, and people tend to be generous with food delivery tips. Even before all of this.

Marianna

delivery services that have picked up tremendously and are hiring. My son drives for GrubHub, part-time, so going full time is an option.
You are right, Deb, your son will surely get something (might be better than the previous) if he is ready for this :) My tango teacher studio is closed, so she survivies mostly on GoFundMe and payments in advance. I am looking forward to more open businesses in April, but would like still to lead life closer to what it is now :)