Out for a little while

Started by jbseth, February 19, 2020, 12:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

Very shortly, my wife is going in for some major back surgery. After her surgery, I'm going to be very busy, helping her out for a while and along with this, there are some other things that are going on that'll likely consume a lot of my time in the near future.

As a result of this, unfortunately, over the next few months or so, my participation here in this forum will probability be very limited at best.

I just wanted to let everyone here know about this, so that if you don't hear from me for a while, you'll understand why.

It's all good. My wife is looking forward to finally getting rid of much of her back pain and we both understand that Seth tells us that: 1) "we create our reality" and 2) "Framework 2 is not neutral, but automatically inclined toward what we will here term good or constructive developments.", NoME, Ch4, S826.  How awesome is that!

I really enjoy participating in this forum and I'm looking forward to the time when I can get back to it once again, and so for now, before I go, I'd like to share some comments with you, from Seth that I recently discovered in NoME.

NoME, Ch 10, S873:

(Pause.) Life at all levels of activity is propelled to seek ideals, whether of a biological or mental nature. That pursuit automatically gives life its zest and natural sense of excitement and drama. Developing your own abilities, whatever they may be, exploring and expanding your experience of selfhood, gives life a sense of purpose, meaning, and creative excitement — and also adds to the understanding and development of the society and the species.

[...]

Each person alive helps paint the living picture of civilization as it exists at any given time, in your terms. Be your own best artist. Your thoughts, feelings and expectations are like the living brush strokes with which you paint your corner of life's landscape. If you do your best in your own life, then you are indeed helping to improve the quality of all life.

Be your own best artist everyone.

Love to you all.

-jbseth

Sena

Quote from: jbseth
Very shortly, my wife is going in for some major back surgery. After her surgery, I'm going to be very busy, helping her out for a while and along with this, there are some other things that are going on that'll likely consume a lot of my time in the near future.

As a result of this, unfortunately, over the next few months or so, my participation here in this forum will probability be very limited at best.
jbseth, my thoughts are with you and your wife during this difficult time.

LarryH

jbseth, do try to check in from time to time. My best wishes for successful surgery for your wife. Also, I hope your sister is doing well. By the way, as an aside, the focus of my last job was to design spinal implants and surgical instruments for spine surgeries. When you get a chance, and if you are comfortable sharing, I would like to know what type of surgery your wife is having.

Deb

Wow jbseth, sorry to hear about the back surgery. I nursed my hubby through a couple decades ago and have a friend who just had a Harrington rod inserted last week. It's a shame that humans have so many back problems, I've had my share too.

Best of luck to you and your wife, it's amazing what doctors can do these days. And yes, please try to check in, even if it's to say hi. I loved the quotes from S873 you put up, there is so much beauty in what Seth says.

Best wishes and love to you and your family.

T.M.

Hi Jbseth,

Sounds like life is keeping you busy for awhile. It does that sometimes. I too hope you get a chance to check in sometimes.
I hope your wife's surgery goes well and she recovers swiftly!  Long term injuries are a drag.
I've got a bad leg that doesn't always cooperate and occasionally sidelines me.. It doesn't much like winter either!

chasman

hi jbseth,

wishing the best for you and your wife.
thank you very much again for all the awesome posts.
peace and all good things,
Charlie