Donny Darko

Started by T.M., February 24, 2020, 01:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.M.

Hi All,

I just recently watched this movie, and really liked it. I'm curious if anyone else has. It's free on YouTube right now.
Question for those that have. Somewhat spoiler alert for those that haven't.

Did he follow a regular timeline, and then go back in the past. Or did he project into a future probability, then rejoin the original timeline?

Sena

T.M., thanks for your recommendation. I might watch it.

T.M.

Hi Sena,

I thought it was a pretty good movie. It's also somewhat of a cult classic. I see why now

Deb

I did watch it a few years ago, someone suggested it here. I can't remember much about the movie except the ending was kind of sad but unique. Good question. I think at the time I thought he went back in time and chose a different probability. I'd have to watch it again though, it's been a while and since we've been talking about changing the past more recently, that may change the way I interpret the ending.

T.M.

Hi Deb,

At first I thought he went back and chose a different possibility too. Then I thought, what if he chose a probable future to experience first?

I appreciate that YouTube is offering the movie for free. I would really like to see the director's cut. It apparently has more that explains the story a bit better. It's not on Amazon right now either :(