Author Topic: Experiment 010  (Read 292 times)

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
  • ~You are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
OK, I have what I consider the perfect object for this next experiment. Some personal connections to it, and a variety of identifying characteristics.

I will look at and concentrate on this object for the next few days. I'll do my reveal Thursday 03/12 late afternoon.

Good luck!

Offline LarryH

I got two distinctly different impressions:

Sorry, you must be logged in to view spoiler contents.

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
  • ~You are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
The object is an artifact I found while hiking in the Rocky Mountains, Mount Baker mine site area. I was up hiking in the summer a LONG time ago, around 1990. I saw something sticking out of the dirt (I'm well known for spotting things that are out of place). It was the right tip of the shoe sticking maybe 1/4" out of dirt. Using a stick, I dug the shoe out of several inches of soil. It's about 7" x 7", fully rusted, huge for a horseshoe so must have been for a working horse, which makes sense. Rustier red than the photo, the left rise seems to have been flattened. Mining in that area was in the late 1800s. This shoe is not the first one I've found. I added the copper wire and semi-precious stones much later.

I'll readdress this again tomorrow, but I think "wider at base curved lines from base mostly smooth" are pretty right-on.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:50:55 PM by Deb »

Offline LarryH

So not a very accurate impression overall. However, the wood that I first envisioned was of a reddish rust color, like mahogany, teak, or cherry. Maybe I blocked anything that had to do with horses, since I would have suspected such being an "analytic overlay" related to your old horse picture.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Twelve divided by two (word):