Another type of Near Death Experience

Started by jbseth, March 21, 2020, 12:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

In January 2020, I flew down to Arizona to spend some time with my sister who had decided to stop all cancer treatments as they were no longer working. As it turned out, during the time I was there, my sister made her transition and I got to be with her, and say my good-byes before she did so.

While I was there, Bart, my sister's husband, and I talked a lot to Jenny, the hospice nurse. In one of our conversations, Jenny told us about one of her more recent patients. This particular patient who had been practically in a coma state, suddenly sat right up one day and started having a full on discussion with her deceased husband. This woman's family, many of who were there at the time, all witnessed this event and were all surprised by it.  Jenny told us that she herself was there when this event occurred and she had personally witnessed it as well.  This occurred she said about 2 days before this woman passed.

According to Jenny, events like this, do happen on occasion, in her profession.

My wife Sue, has several sets of cousins from different sides of her family. Since Sue's father and his 2 sisters all lived and grew up in the Portland, Oregon area, they all regularly visited with each other quite often when Sue was growing up.

Wayne, one of Sue's cousins, had very serious heart disease. For the last few years of his life, he had to slow down and really take it easy. A couple of years ago. Wayne passed away.

Recently Sue was notified that Roger, one of her other cousins from a different side of her family has not been doing well. Roger has liver cancer I believe and we recently found out that he's at home, in hospice, and his wife, Brook, is his caregiver.

Sue called Brook yesterday and they spent some time talking.

Brook says that Roger has really not been all that consciously aware of what's going recently and he doesn't understand this coronavirus thing. Anyway, Brook told Sue that recently Roger has been talking to and having conversations with his cousin Wayne. Wayne is Sue's and Roger's cousin, the one who has passed away several years ago.

Now, I will admit that these experiences "could be" nothing more than hallucinations. Many people in hospice are given drugs like morphine for pain.  However, I tend to think that these experiences may be legitimate, given what many people who've had NDE say and given what Seth has to say.

Given the nature of this type of event, would you say that it's a different type of Near Death Experience?

Has anyone else here ever heard of or witnesses this type of thing?

- jbseth

Deb

Quote from: jbseth
Has anyone else here ever heard of or witnesses this type of thing?

I'm sorry about your sister, I was wondering how that was going. Nice that you were able to spend time with her (and vice versa).

While I've heard or read loads of stories like those, I've never personally witnessed much. About 10 years ago I spent some time with my MIL who was in hospice care at home, and I do remember her briefly waking up and staring at something in the empty air at the foot of her bed. She looked like she was listening to someone. She didn't say anything though, just nodded slightly. When she did pass a week or so later, the people that were with her (including a hospice nurse) said a strong gust of wind blew through the back yard at the time of death and knocked over her favorite (large) potted lemon tree. It was in SoCal, mild weather, it's not a windy area and the backyard was pretty much sheltered by stuccoed block walls separating the small patio yards.

I often wake up in the middle of the night and when I can't get back to sleep I'll read articles on Quora. I've read many stories similar to yours, reported by nurses. I realize you can't believe everything you read, but I don't think that many nurses would make it up.

I think it's because dying people are transitioning from F1 into F2 and at some point they are "straddling" both. They are able to "see" more than we can. The relatives they see are probably the guides Seth talks about, making the transition more appealing. Also people in hospice care do seem to become lucid for short periods of time. Maybe it's their last burst of energy.

Here are a couple of articles I read this morning that sort of fit in with the stories you related.

https://qr.ae/pNnd1s
https://qr.ae/pNnd8i

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Wow, those were absolutely awesome stories Deb. Especially the woman who heard "the voice".
Thanks for sharing these with us.

Also thanks for letting me know about "Quora" too.

-jbseth

Sena

While I was there, Bart, my sister's husband, and I talked a lot to Jenny, the hospice nurse. In one of our conversations, Jenny told us about one of her more recent patients. This particular patient who had been practically in a coma state, suddenly sat right up one day and started having a full on discussion with her deceased husband. This woman's family, many of who were there at the time, all witnessed this event and were all surprised by it.  Jenny told us that she herself was there when this event occurred and she had personally witnessed it as well.  This occurred she said about 2 days before this woman passed.
jbseth, thanks for sharing this with us. Solid evidence for life after death.

Sena

Quote from: Deb
I think it's because dying people are transitioning from F1 into F2 and at some point they are "straddling" both. They are able to "see" more than we can. The relatives they see are probably the guides Seth talks about, making the transition more appealing.
Deb, that is a useful explanation. So the woman may have been having a discussion with a guide rather than her deceased husband? This kind of mis-identification is common in NDE's. People see a "shining being of light", and may assume that is Jesus.

A niece of my wife died very young of multiple sclerosis. A few hours before she died she had an episode of talking in a "strange language". After that episode she was fully conscious until her sudden and peaceful death.

LarryH

jbseth, I'm sorry for your loss.

Raymond Moody, author of Life after Life, has written a book about "shared death experiences", where the experiences like those you describe are not just experienced by the person close to death, but also by others in the room with that person. Obviously, when this happens, it is not caused by medications or lack of oxygen like so many debunkers like to claim. Whether shared or not, these experiences by those close to death are very common.

Deb

Quote from: Sena
So the woman may have been having a discussion with a guide rather than her deceased husband? This kind of mis-identification is common in NDE's. People see a "shining being of light", and may assume that is Jesus.

Or it could have been the deceased husband I suppose, but yes, a lot of (religious) people come back from NDEs saying that they saw Jesus.

"Following the father's death our landlord's wife had several vivid experiences involving the deceased father; Seth said these were legitimate experiences involving contact with the father, and not dreams."
—TES5 Session 229 February 2, 1966

Quote from: LarryH
Raymond Moody, author of Life after Life, has written a book about "shared death experiences",

Thanks for the tip, I'd read a Moody book a long time ago, but this one really sounds interesting. Since libraries are closed for now, I got a used copy on Amazon for less than $2 (plus shipping). I didn't realize just how many books he's written! He just came out with a new book in January: Making Sense of Nonsense: The Logical Bridge Between Science & Spirituality.

jbseth

Hi All,

Thanks LarryH. The book by Raymond Moody is called "Glimpses of Eternity".  I read it a couple of years ago and it's absolutely fantastic.

Hi Deb, Hi Sena, I think that both types of situations actually happen. In some cases people do see their loved ones and in other cases, a spirit guide or personality like Seth shows up and takes on the appearance of someone else. Seth talks about this in "Seth Speaks" where he played Moses for an Arab man who was killed in the middle ages. If I'm recalling correctly, he also said that he played the part of the Apostle John, in one of the Early Sessions books for a woman who was in the process of dying. 

Thanks for the information on Mr. Moody's new book, Deb. I didn't know about this one.

-jbseth

jbseth

If I'm recalling correctly, he also said that he played the part of the Apostle John, in one of the Early Sessions books for a woman who was in the process of dying. 

Hi All,

This comment that I referred to above comes from comments that were made by Seth in TES9, S482.

In TES8, S364 and S366 we first learn about John Pitre and his wife Peg. John, who lived in Louisiana, called Jane by phone and asked if Seth would give any data that might help his wife Peg, who has multiple sclerosis..

Then in TES9, S482, we learn that Peg was in the hospital, and she had perhaps only hours left to live. John, her husband, wanted to know if Seth would give some data on Peg's psychic activities at the time.

Below is a spoiler containing much of this session regarding what Seth had to say about Peg. In regards to these comments, much of what Seth talks about has a direct relationship to the topic that we're discussing here and I thought that you might find it to be very interesting.

Sorry but you must log in to view spoiler contents.

-jbseth

Deb

Thanks for the information on Mr. Moody's new book, Deb. I didn't know about this one.

It has really mixed reviews. Some people felt it really was all about nonsense.

The quote from Session 482 was fantastic and yes it definitely fits in with what we've been discussing here. When I earlier wrote about a person transitioning from F1 to F2, in the back of my mind I was remembering Seth talking about people experiencing dementia or comas, can't remember which, and how they already spend most of their consciousness in the other realm.

What's interesting about this quote is that to me it makes the dying process seem less unpleasant than what we think. We in F1 don't really know what's going on when someone is dying (other than their physical signs), but from this quote it seems we are gently acclimated before we actually die. At least in these illness-based deaths. Death by accident and NDEs on the other hand seem pretty sudden, with no real preparation. I guess that's where the guides come in.

The part about "John must tell her that she is free to leave" reminded me of a statistic I'd read years ago, that most people that are dying (say like in a hospital or hospice setting) will wait to die until their loved ones leave for the night. I don't know if they don't want to traumatize their family, or it's a form of "politeness" or that dying is such a deeply personal thing. I have a friend whose mother had dementia and spent 9 years in nursing homes, defying death many times over. It was almost supernatural how she continued to exist. Then one day her other daughter was visiting and told mom it was okay to die, that her two girls were grown and would do fine without her. She died within a few short hours.

LarryH

reminded me of a statistic I'd read years ago, that most people that are dying (say like in a hospital or hospice setting) will wait to die until their loved ones leave for the night.
It works the other way, too. My uncle had six boys. He was on his death bed surrounded by five of them. He stated that he was waiting until the sixth one arrived before dying. He did die about two hours after the sixth son arrived.

chasman

sorry about your sister jbseth.

peace,
Charlie

Deb

Quote from: LarryH
reminded me of a statistic I'd read years ago, that most people that are dying (say like in a hospital or hospice setting) will wait to die until their loved ones leave for the night.
It works the other way, too. My uncle had six boys. He was on his death bed surrounded by five of them. He stated that he was waiting until the sixth one arrived before dying. He did die about two hours after the sixth son arrived.

Yes, I've heard that too! It seems we have more choice over our own death than we've been lead to believe (Seth excluded of course).