Seth, virus and economics

Started by Marianna, April 27, 2020, 08:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marianna

Hi All,

Here is what I came across in Deleted Sessions given during economic crisis of early 70's. I thought it relates to our situation as well. Especially the part about going too far and then disrupting the process and stopping to look.

"[...] You will be relatively untouched by the economic situation, but because you did not contribute to the reasons behind it.
Those who relied upon limited concepts will be bound by them until they learn to leap beyond. This applies in every realm.
The economy itself is a reflection of people's concepts, their way of life, and it is not working. [...]
The people have brought this upon themselves in their beliefs, and so it is indeed a creative venture.
Those who looked entirely to money and position are forced, and will be to question their beliefs. The troubles with the economy can be the answers to the problems of western civilization. There are always psychic checks and balances. When people feel they have gone too far in one process, they disrupt it, stop it, look at it.

You must each expect improvement and look for it. And then nothing can hold it back."
(Seth, Personal (Deleted) Sessions, Book 3)

It does seem to me we have gone too far in one direction and somewhat lost the way.

Deb

Quote from: Marianna
"[...] You will be relatively untouched by the economic situation, but because you did not contribute to the reasons behind it.
<skip>
Those who looked entirely to money and position are forced, and will be to question their beliefs. The troubles with the economy can be the answers to the problems of western civilization. There are always psychic checks and balances.

I like this a lot, thanks for the quote. I agree that a lot have lost track of what's really important, and this whole situation with the virus is making people look at a lot of things differently. Although I did hear a lot of people went straight to Walmart and bought big screen TVs with their checks from the government. There's always one in a crowd. ::)

Marianna

Quote from: Deb
Although I did hear a lot of people went straight to Walmart and bought big screen TVs with their checks from the government. There's always one in a crowd.
I don't remember where I saw it - Blossom or Frank Talk - there was a phrase to the effect that not all people will agree to the new way of things. Yet it will prevail. And those who cannot accept this - are not ready to take this step in this lifetime. And I can understand that. The main thing is that those who are ready are not prevented.

LarryH

Quote from: Deb
Although I did hear a lot of people went straight to Walmart and bought big screen TVs with their checks from the government. There's always one in a crowd.
I'm wondering how anybody could know that. How would the person claiming this know that the money for the big screen TVs actually came from the government checks? Maybe this person is a Walmart cashier and was told that by customers, which would be a very small sample. Anyway, if this is happening, it might just be people who don't need the money for other stuff. And since our duty as patriotic citizens is to sit on our asses and watch Netflix all day, it supports our patriotic duty AND cycles the money through the economy (well, mostly Asia's economy after Walmart pays its bills).

Deb

Quote from: LarryH
I'm wondering how anybody could know that. How would the person claiming this know that the money for the big screen TVs actually came from the government checks?

:)

My son said that the other day he'd gone into Walmart and noticed all the big TVs were out of stock (he wasn't there to buy one, was looking for a phone charger) and was told by an employee that when the checks started arriving, the TVs started disappearing.

I just found this: https://wreg.com/news/west-memphis-mayor-dont-spend-stimulus-checks-on-tvs-rims/

"Our Walmart was completely sold out of TVs—completely," McClendon said.
"One guy, I saw him and personally talked to him. He told me he just bought a new pair of rims with his stimulus. I said, 'That was not what that was for,'" he added.

I'm not judging. Not everyone has the same priorities or spending habits.