50 years off-grid: architect-maker paradise amid NorCal redwoods

Started by T.M., April 27, 2020, 09:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.M.

Hi All,

Amazing older gentleman. Looks like he got the message years ago :) 
If most of us could just do one tenth of what this one can, today's headlines would just be a bad joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qcsWajivnI&t=2108s

Sena

T.M., there may come a time when enlightened souls will incarnate into these magnificent trees. The two-legged enemies of the trees may have become extinct.

LarryH

I REALLY enjoyed that. Growing up, I wanted to be an architect. I'm a big fan of Frank Lloyd Wright, Bucky Fuller, Paolo Soleri. There are others, many as obscure as this guy, whom I have run across. I like his philosophy. One of the things that he said is something that I have frequently said to co-workers during my design career: "It's easy to make things complex; it's difficult to make them simple."

T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Sena

" there may come a time when enlightened souls will incarnate into these magnificent trees"
I've been to the old growth Redwood forest years ago. I think some already are  :)

Hi Larry,

" I like his philosophy. One of the things that he said is something that I have frequently said to co-workers during my design career: "It's easy to make things complex; it's difficult to make them simple." "

He really has his own innate wisdom :)

Deb

Really nice, his house is really amazing, the work that he's done. I'd probably get lonely living so far out, but it would be a great summer home. Beautiful area with great weather.

It reminded me (the concepts) of the Earthships down in New Mexico. I've rented them in the past and they are the most comfortable and relaxing places, beautiful, green and off the grid too. Being in them feels like Mother Nature holding you in her arms. Very quiet, temp & humidity are perfect. I've wanted to own one for the longest time. Maybe it's time for me to drive down. Oh, wait...

https://earthshipbiotecture.com/