Another take on Joint Reality

Started by jbseth, August 07, 2020, 11:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

Over the years in this forum, we've talked about several subject relating to joint reality.

We've talked about how people create their own individual creations, such as when Rob and Bill MacDonnal both created their own version of a glass, a table and a chair. As I recall, this was discussed in TES2.

We also talked about how people can change their past. One example of this was the John X story, which I believe was from TES6. Another example was the story about how Rob's Mom changed her beliefs about her and husbands life together. In this case, Seth says that she changed her probable past. As I recall, I think this came from either UR1 or UR2, or maybe DEaVF1 or DEaVF2.

I recently came across another quote from Seth that I think belongs in this same general category of how we can and do change things or how we view things differently. 

This quote comes from UR2, Section 6, S729 and I've quoted him below.  What he says below, was new to me, and it definitely suggests some ideas about how we live in different probable realities and how and why we can change our past.

UR2, Section 6, Session 729:

(10:17.) Now give us a moment ... As the cells operate with the knowledge of probable actions and still maintain the physical body in your chosen system, so the psyche, operating in the same way, "seeds" itself in many different probabilities. In this case specifically, I am speaking of other physical probabilities — alternates, in other words, of the world as you know it. Those alive with you, your contemporaries, do not all belong to the same probable system. You are at a meeting ground in that respect, where individuals from many probable realities mix and merge, agreeing momentarily to accept certain portions of the same space-time environment.

Because you focus upon the similarities in experience, and play down the variances, then the oftentimes greater dissimilarities4 in so-called experience escape you completely. You take it for granted that memory is faulty if you do not agree with another person on the events that happened at a certain place and time — say those in a recently experienced historical past. You take it for granted that interpretations of events change, but that certain definite events occurred that are beyond alteration. Instead, the events themselves are not nearly that concrete. You accept one probable event. Someone else may experience instead a version of that event, which then becomes that individual's felt reality.

These events may be quite different indeed, and the separate interpretations make quite valid explanations of separate variations. In your terms, one event can happen in many different ways.

-jbseth