Creating one's own body

Started by Sena, June 28, 2020, 03:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

One of the "advantages" of the Covid 19 pandemic is that doctors are reluctant to engage in face-to-face contact with patients or to physically examine them. They prefer to have telephone conversations with patients and prescribe drugs over the internet. So this is a good time to practise creating one's own body. Although I had a sick body yesterday, I could have a healthy body today. Here is Seth's advice:

"Now your closest environment, physically speaking, is your body. It is not like some manikin-shape in which you are imprisoned, that exists apart from you like a casing. Your body is not beautiful or ugly, healthy or deformed, swift or slow simply because this is the kind of body that was thrust upon you indiscriminately at birth. Instead your physical form, your corporeal personal environment, is the physical materialization of your own thoughts, emotions, and interpretations. Quite literally, the "inner self" forms the body by magically transforming thoughts and emotions into physical counterparts. You grow the body. Its condition perfectly mirrors your subjective state at any given time. Using atoms and molecules, you build your body, forming basic elements into a form that you call your own." (from "Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul (A Seth Book)" by Jane Roberts)

"Within the flesh, atoms and molecules constantly die and are replaced. The hormones are in a constant state of motion and alteration. Electromagnetic properties of skin and cell continually leap and change, and even reverse themselves. The physical matter that composed your body a moment ago is different in important ways from the matter that forms your body in this instant. If you perceived the constant change within your body with as much persistence as you attend to its seemingly permanent nature, then you would be amazed that you ever considered the body as one more or less constant, more or less cohesive, entity. Even subjectively you focus upon and indeed manufacture the idea of a relatively stable, relatively permanent conscious self. You stress those ideas and thoughts and attitudes that you recall from "past" experience as your own, completely ignoring those that once were "characteristic" and now are vanished — ignoring the fact also that you cannot hold thought. The thought of a moment before, in your terms, vanishes away. You try to maintain a constant, relatively permanent physical and subjective self in order to maintain a relatively constant, relatively permanent environment. So you are always in a position of ignoring such changes." (from "Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul (A Seth Book)" by Jane Roberts)

From the Kindle edition: https://amzn.eu/8X4h2Yh

Deb

Quote from: Sena
One of the "advantages" of the Covid 19 pandemic is that doctors are reluctant to engage in face-to-face contact with patients or to physically examine them. They prefer to have telephone conversations with patients and prescribe drugs over the internet. So this is a good time to practise creating one's own body.

Great idea! I recently had one of those virtual meetings myself. I had changed insurance companies in January and had to find a new doctor who took my insurance. After having my new patient visit cancelled twice, we "met" online.

Seth's idea of us constantly re-creating our body was one of the easier concepts for me to consider, since we've long acknowledged that cells in our bodies are constantly being replaced, either because they wear out, or there's an injury or illness that is healed.

Quote from: Seth
If you perceived the constant change within your body with as much persistence as you attend to its seemingly permanent nature, then you would be amazed that you ever considered the body as one more or less constant, more or less cohesive, entity.

I do feel physically different from day to day. Some days this or that will ache and then suddenly I feel "myself" again. Nails and hair grow, a cut heals, a bruise fades, muscles tighten with exercises. And I have been guilty of noticing the unwanted aches more than their absence, which I know is not productive. Even more interesting to me is that I LOOK different at times, some days good and other days not so good. I've attributed that to mood or how well I've slept, but then also here there's more than meets the eye—"the 'inner self' forms the body by magically transforming thoughts and emotions into physical counterparts."