"Travels with Puff"

Started by jbseth, July 26, 2020, 12:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

I Have some questions for you at the end of this post. Unfortunately it's rather long, and I apologize for that, but I recently came across a rather interesting concept that I'd like to share and discuss with you.

When Seth talks about energy, he says that it is "awareized". That is, at a basic level, it has a consciousness. Seth talks about CU or conscious units and he describes them as being very, very small. Seth tells us that atoms and molecules have a consciousness about them. Seth also talks about gestalts of consciousness.

In this discussion of gestalts of consciousness, Seth tell us more or less that atoms and molecules have a consciousness and these are the material building blocks of the cells, which have a different level of consciousness. The cells then are the material building blocks of the organs, which have a different level of consciousness. The organs then are the material building blocks of the animals and of humans, which have a different level of consciousness, and so on.

Along this line, not only do all "living" things have a consciousness, but in Seth Speaks, Seth tells us that even a "nail" has consciousness.

SS, Ch1, S512:
"I can tell you, for example, that there is consciousness even within a nail, but few of my readers will take me seriously enough to stop in midsentence, and say good morning or good afternoon to the nearest nail they can find, stuck in a piece of wood." 

Now, I'm bringing all of this all up for a reason. 

Recently, I've been reading Richard Bach's book, "Travels with Puff". In this book, Richard Bach, who's the author of, "Jonathan Livingston Seagull", tells what appears to be the true story of him, flying to Florida, buying a small seaplane, getting trained on the nuances of how to fly this seaplane while in Florida and then, flying it back home, to his home in the state of Washington. 

So far it's been a really interesting book. If you enjoy stories of planes, flying and adventure, then you'll probably enjoy reading it.

Here's the thing, Richard talks to his seaplane, Puff. I'm not sure if he does this physically out loud, for example, if this is just a mental type of communication or maybe both.

Not only this, but apparently his plane communicates with him as well.

In this book, in the beginning of Chapter 26, he writes, "For the last fifty years, since I resolved to trust my own perceptions, I've known that airplanes have spirits."

In the book, during the previous day Richard parked his little seaplane in an aircraft hanger where there were many older (WW1 and WW2) military aircraft. He did this because the weather forecast called for hail and stormy weather that day.

After being in the hanger, Puff communicates with Richard about these military planes and the conversations they had while Puff was in the hanger. The planes were communicating stories of war with each other and stories about shooting down other planes. This frightened Puff who knew nothing of this.

In the book, Richard communicates with Puff about the fact that tens of thousands of war planes were built during WW2 and now there are very few, that are left.

Then in this same chapter, he writes, "I wondered about that. Are the spirits of aircraft, the same as ours? If Puff's chosen her airplane-body as I've chosen my human-body, is her spirit as ongoing as mine?"

Seth's talked about a lot of concepts over the years, entities, the inner self, the conscious self, consciousness, nature, spirituality, reincarnational selves, probable selves, etc. but I don't recall him ever specifically saying that a manufactured item such as, for example, an airplane either does or doesn't have what Richard Bach seems to be referring to here as a spirit.  Hmmmm.

Perhaps there's a guardian angel type of spirit that overseas each airplane?

What do you think?  Do airplanes, for example, have some sort of spirit?

If not, then what do you think that Richard Bach has been communicating with?

Is this just a story and there's really no truth to his communications with Puff?

I'd like to hear you thoughts, ideas and perhaps personal experiences about this or any that may relate to this in some way.

-jbseth

T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Jbseth,

I think vehicles can possess a consciousness of sorts. Especially if a person imbue's it with such ability. Not to say that would be just a simple reflection of what a person has imagined it to be.

chasman

jbseth,

I think its possible.
but they would be on another plane (groan).   :)

also, you remind me of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Mother_the_Car

I propose we begin work immediately on writing a screenplay for a spinoff, guaranteed to be a blockbuster hit:

My Mother the Airplane

Deb

Great questions, wow!

My feeling is that since everything is made of energy, and if all energy has consciousness, then even inanimate objects such as rocks and intentionally manufactured items such as cars and planes and nails could have some sort of consciousness (everything is "manufactured" by us in one way or another anyway). Consciousness at a different level (or plane, lol) than other and other living things.

When I was reading Illusions 2 and Bach was saying that Puff had sacrificed herself to save his life, it struck a chord because I felt something similar a couple of years ago when my son totaled my car on black ice. The car, a well-loved 12 year old Prius, was decimated, with a lot of damage to the surrounding area, yet he walked away with only a minor fracture to a wrist from an airbag deploying.

I didn't get the impression that Bach really thought his plane was conversing with him, I felt he had these made up conversations in his head and thought they would make a good book. Even the dream states he was in while recovering from his accident felt imagined. Although with a traumatic brain injury, who knows what was going on in his head. He did recover mentally and physically well enough to get his pilot's license again, and the test is not as easy as getting a driver's license.

I can't say I've ever conversed with a rock, but Seth had a bit to say about their consciousness and consciousness units:

Quote from: Session 505"These units—let us discuss them as they are related, for example, to a rock. The rock is composed of atoms and molecules each with their own consciousness. This forms a gestalt-rock-consciousness.

These units are sent out indiscriminately by the various atoms and molecules, but portions of them are also directed by the overall rock consciousness. The units are sent out then from the rock, informing the rock as to the nature of its changing environment, the angle of the sun, and temperature changes for example as night falls; and even in the case of a rock, they change as the rock's loosely called emotional tone changes. As the units change they alter the air about them, which is the result of their own activity.

They constantly emanate out from the rock and return to it, in a motion so swift it would seem simultaneous. The units meet with, and to some extent merge with, other units sent out, say, from foliage and all other objects. There is a constant blending, and also attraction and repulsion."

—TES9 Session 505 October 13, 1969

What is the difference between consciousness and spirit or soul? Do you suppose they are one and the same? I need to think about that some more.

jbseth

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Lately, I've been kind of thinking along the lines of what T. M. says. Maybe a vehicle does possess a kind of consciousness of sorts. Especially if a person has imbued it with such an ability.

Chasman's comments about, "My Mother the Car" really takes me back. I use to watch that show all the time when I was a kid. I thought it was really funny.

At the same time, Chasman makes a great point. Many people do give their vehicles a name. Such as when someone says "Old Betsy" or "Tom" will get us there.  And how many times do you see people at car shows for example who take great care and have a lot of pride in showing their beautiful cars. In my mind, I can see the image of a man who spends every weekend outside waxing his car, that kind of thing.

My wife and I have been watching rerun's of the original Star Trek series, and it seems to me that both Captain Kirk and Scotty, occasionally spoke fondly of how the Enterprise, would get them home. Thus, this type of behavior obviously exists in our culture as it's even written into TV shows and Movies, for actors to display.

Then Deb mentions a "well-loved" Prius and I think about just how many times we've each "loved" some inanimate object in our lives. Maybe it's the fact that we "loved" these items, that we expressed such strong emotional feelings for them that imbues them with this seeming consciousness. I don't know.

It seems to me that Richard Bach is very imaginative person, and I think that imagination really plays into people being very creative, intuitive, empathic and psychic; a lot of Framework 2 stuff.  I think that this plays into how Richard probably sees the world and it also plays into how he can perceive himself as having conversations with Puff.

-jbseth

jbseth

Quote from: Deb
What is the difference between consciousness and spirit or soul? Do you suppose they are one and the same? I need to think about that some more.

Hi Deb, Hi All,

That's a really great question Deb, and its one that I'm constantly grappling with. The difference between us and our consciousness.

In several places across the Seth information, Seth tells us that we are not our consciousness.

SS, Ch 19, S575:
When you are proficient you will not be swept willy-nilly into other stages of consciousness as you sleep, but will be able to understand and direct these activities. Consciousness is an attribute of the soul, a tool that can be turned in many directions. You are not your consciousness. It is something that belongs to you and to the soul. You are learning to use it. To the extent that you understand and utilize the various aspects of consciousness, you will learn to understand your own reality, and the conscious self will truly become conscious.

-jbseth

chasman

thank you jbseth.
and thank you Deb.   :)

I posted the My Mother the Car wiki link after just glancing at it.
and now read more.

My Mother the Car was reincarnated:

"The premise features a man whose deceased mother is reincarnated as an antique car, and she communicates with him through the car radio."

there's a Sethian feel to that.
also, it aired from 1965 -1966.
Jane started channeling Seth in 1963.
I wonder if Jane and Rob ever saw the show.
or what Seth would have had to say about it.

this now also reminds me of a Seth analogy; something about tuning into different channels like on a tv, focusing on different things. might be in NOPR.

Deb

I used to watch that show when I was a kid, loved it. For some reason I thought Buddy Hackett had something to do with the show.

Interesting point about the different channels. I think Seth used that analogy more than once for both radio and tv, but I'm too lazy right now to look it up. I've always been able to relate to the "different frequency for each person" idea because of an experience I had blending colors. Another day.

The other day when you wrote about My Mother the Car, it made me think of another show, Knight Rider. I did a search, and apparently it's a popular theme. Almost 50 shows and movies with sentient cars. Remember Christine?

Quote from: Seth
Consciousness is an attribute of the soul, a tool that can be turned in many directions. You are not your consciousness. It is something that belongs to you and to the soul.

So, back to airplanes having a spirit/soul. I think Seth pretty much uses spirit, soul and entity interchangeably. Such as:

"Remember, this is your own soul or entity I am speaking of, as well as soul or entity in general. You are one manifestation of your own soul."
—SS Chapter 6: Session 526, May 4, 1970

"When I speak to you, then spirit and soul are equitable."
—TECS2 ESP Class Session, November 24, 1970

If consciousness is an attribute of the soul, and everything has consciousness (down to atoms and molecules, what everything is made of), then everything has soul/spirit/entity.

NOW my question is, and I hope I can explain what I'm asking: Do you suppose entities manifest more than just human consciousness? Such as, there are no entities that specialize in rocks, trees, etc. I remember Seth saying the consciousness of a rock, or tree, or animal is different than ours. But I wonder if those various manifestations can come from the same entity, and just the type of consciousness is different.

chasman

cool Deb.  :)

I found this on finding seth. he's talking about himself and others like him:

""For our "vacations" we visit amid quite simple life forms, and blend with them.

To this extent we indulge in relaxation and sleep, for we can spend a century as a tree or as an uncomplicated life form in another reality. We delight our consciousness with the enjoyment of simple existence. "

—SS Chapter 2: Session 514, February 9, 1970

jbseth

Do you suppose entities manifest more than just human consciousness? Such as, there are no entities that specialize in rocks, trees, etc. I remember Seth saying the consciousness of a rock, or tree, or animal is different than ours. But I wonder if those various manifestations can come from the same entity, and just the type of consciousness is different.

Hi Deb, Hi All,

In Regards to your question,  "Do you suppose entities manifest more than just human consciousness?", here's a thought is /isn't an answer.

In the second half of her book, "Adventures in Consciousness"  Jane talks about the various "Aspects" of the source self.  These aspects include, herself, Seth, Seth 2, Sumari, Cypress, Oversoul Seven and "Helper", as I recall.

For me, I've always tried to figure out, from Seths comments, who or what is it that creates the "natural world". I don't believe that we do, and while ATI is in everything, I'm not sure that it was necessarily create by ATI.

My understanding, which could be wrong here, is that some super thought beings, at a level that is perhaps like a Seth 2, or a Seth 3, for example, created it. Seth drops some hints about this at various places in his, books. One place where I recall that he dropped some hints about this was in the first two chapters of NOPR. It also seems to me that he dropped some hints about this topic in SS, maybe in NOME and in DEaVF1.

-jbseth

Deb

Quote from: Seth
For our "vacations" we visit amid quite simple life forms, and blend with them.

To this extent we indulge in relaxation and sleep, for we can spend a century as a tree or as an uncomplicated life form in another reality. We delight our consciousness with the enjoyment of simple existence.

@chasman thank you so much for this quote! I remembered Seth saying that and was going to include it with my previous post, but as hard as I looked I couldn't find it, so left it out.

Quote from: jbseth
In the second half of her book, "Adventures in Consciousness"  Jane talks about the various "Aspects" of the source self.  These aspects include, herself, Seth, Seth 2, Sumari, Cypress, Oversoul Seven and "Helper", as I recall.

I do have the book, have not read it all the way through. I've pulled it off my Seth Shelf to read. :)

As far as your mention of creation of the natural world, do you mean our planet? Beyond that? I have some thoughts about that lurking in the back of my mind that I'll need to "unearth," :) based on things Seth said in various places, as you say. It would make a great new topic. Maybe I'll start that when I get my thoughts together, or if you want do that feel free.

jbseth

As far as your mention of creation of the natural world, do you mean our planet?

Hi Deb, Hi All,

Yes. I was referring to the mountains, streams, forests, oceans, etc. of planet earth.

Here's a quote from Seth, he calls it an analogy, from NOPR, Ch1 S610:

(9:29. Intently:) The body of the earth can be said to have its own soul, or mind (whichever term you prefer). Using this analogy the mountains and oceans, the valleys and rivers and all natural phenomena spring from the earth's soul, as all events and all manufactured objects appear from the inner mind or soul of mankind.

The inner world of each man and woman is connected with the inner world of the earth. The spirit becomes flesh. Part of each individual's soul, then, is intimately connected with what we will call the world's soul, or the soul of the earth.

I seems to me from what Seth says about natural events, floods, earthquakes, etc. in NOME, that mankind doesn't actually create the natural world itself.  However, it also seems that Seth says that individual men and women can and do pick up on natural disasters if they pay attention to the insights of their inner selves. That we are connected to nature.

- jbseth

chasman

hey Deb,

thank you.

and I just found this:

"SS Chapter 20: Session 581, April 14, 1971 1/50 (2%) particles units ee faster m.h
[... 39 paragraphs ...]

Animals have varying degrees of self-consciousness, as indeed people do. The consciousness that is within them is as valid and eternal as your own, however. There is nothing to prevent a personality from investing a portion of his own energy into an animal form. This is not transmigration of souls. It does not mean that a man can be reincarnated in an animal. It does mean that personalities can send a portion of their energy into various kinds of form"

—SS Chapter 20: Session 581, April 14, 1971