Author Topic: Seth on Jane  (Read 209 times)

Offline jbseth

Hi All,

I recently came across two interesting sessions in TPS1, S382 and S384. In these two sessions, Seth gives us some interesting information about Jane.

In S382, we learn that due to Jane’s background with her mother Marie, she was terrified of anyone who was ill or crippled. Apparently she had so much fear about this that it tended to block her compassion for people with this condition.  Seth does tell us here that for her own development, Jane needed to face this on her own and conquer it. Perhaps this is what was behind Jane's being crippled in the last part of her life. 

In S384, we learn that in Jane's past life in Boston, she “misused” her abilities. That is, she let them run away with her. She used little common sense, was overly emotional, and didn’t use the intellect that he had. Then, we learn that in this life, Jane tends to overcompensate for this. In this life, she’s afraid of her spontaneous self.

As I recall, in one or two places, Seth mentions that the things we believe, say and do in this life, set the stage for our next life. I think that not only is this a great explanation into why Jane viewed things, in this life, the that way she did, but it’s also a great example of how, what a person does in one life, affect another life.

Sorry, you must be logged in to view spoiler contents.

Sorry, you must be logged in to view spoiler contents.

- jbseth

Offline T.M.

Re: Seth on Jane
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 11:17:45 AM »
  • Quote Entire Post (or highlight some text for a PARTIAL quote)
  • Hi All,

Hi Jbseth,

"He tells us that our reincarnational selves explore the past, present, and future—but basically all at once, since time as he defines it is simultaneous. I’ve written before that as physical creatures we’re always going to find the contradictory notion of “simultaneous time” hard to comprehend, intellectually at least."

"6. Seth, in the 681st session: “Atoms can move in more directions than one at once.” In Note 7 for that session I wrote that as an artist my intuitional reaction to that statement was to associate the multidirectional ability of the atom with Seth’s notions of simultaneous time and probabilities. Since electrons are the particles or processes moving about the nucleus of the atom, I now make the same association for them. Thus, according to Seth, we have a most complicated and profound dance of units or essences — behavior not really amenable to translation in words."
    —UR1 Section 3: Session 702 June 10, 1974

I wonder from the above if say event X  happens and then all the reincarnated selves act and react to the event and each other, in real time. I think it's kinda of interesting to look at Jane's actions in this time to be a kinda of immediate response to her life in the Boston existence for example.

Offline jbseth

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 01:37:33 PM »
  • Quote from: T.M.
    I wonder from the above if say event X  happens and then all the reincarnated selves act and react to the event and each other, in real time.

Hi T.M.,

I think that you’ve probably hit upon the apparent dichotomy that exists between the concepts of time being a sequence of events, one after the other and simultaneous time.  How can someone’s present life affect some future reincarnational life (as Seth says) if, in fact, all time is simultaneous (as Seth also says)?

The answer I think, is exactly what you've said above.

Event X occurs and affects all reincarnational lives at the same time. Furthermore, this goes on continuously. In addition to this, each self reacts to Event X in its own unique ways. Then all selves also react to the way that all the various selves reacted to Event X, each in their own unique way, and so on and so on. All constantly going on "simultaneously", forever.

It's an idea that's really hard to get your head around.  :)

Jane also hints at this same concept in her book, “The Education of Oversoul Seven”. In that book, Ma-ah, who lived in 35,000 B.C., in her time, scratched a tile on a tile floor. After she did this, the tile was scratched, whereas yesterday in her time, the tile wasn’t scratched.

In his time, Proteus who lives in the 23th century, becomes aware of an archeological dig that was recently discovered in his time of an ancient tile floor. Yesterday, in his time this tile on this tile floor, wasn’t scratched but today he discovers that now, it is. Not only that, but this scratch isn’t a new or fresh scratch, it’s a very ancient scratch.

I really love the philosophic creativity of this idea that all time is simultaneous.

To some degree, the concept that time is not what we think it is, is supported by todays understanding of physics.

- jbseth

Offline T.M.

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 02:07:28 PM »
  • Hi All,

Hi Jbseth,

"(Pause at 9:35.) As I have said frequently, time as you think of it does not exist, yet in your terms, time’s true nature could be understood if the basic nature of the atom was ever made known to you. In one way, an atom could be compared to a microsecond.

It seems as if an atom “exists” steadily for a certain amount of time. Instead it phases in and out, so to speak. It fluctuates in a highly predictable pattern and rhythm. It can be perceived within your system only at certain points in this fluctuation, so it seems to scientists that the atom is steadily present. They are not aware of any gaps of absence as far as the atom is concerned."

—SS Chapter 16: Session 567, February 17, 1971

That's Seth search engine sure comes in handy :)  Lately I very much would like to figure out just what is the nature of the atom, simultaneous time, and space.  Even Greg Braden has come out and said it really looks like we are living in a simulated system.
    So I'm trying to figure out how all these pieces work together. Hopefully tied in with a reasonable scientific validation of the processes involved. More from a Sethian perspective, than just the current scientific view of things. As I think Seth has a much better grasp on the nuts and bolts of it all.

Offline Sena

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 02:53:20 AM »
    Even Greg Braden has come out and said it really looks like we are living in a simulated system.
    Hi All,
    The book "The Divine Matrix" by Gregg Braden is definitely one I recommend. He sees the Universe as a hologram:

"By definition, every place in a hologram is a reflection of every other. And a property that exists anywhere within it also exists everywhere else. So in the nonlocal hologram of our universe, the underlying energy that links all things instantly connects them as well. Spiritual teachers generally agree with scientists on this view of reality. As Ervin Laszlo, the founder of systems philosophy, describes, “Life evolves, as does the universe itself, in a ‘sacred dance’ with an underlying field.”4 This seems to be precisely what the ancient Avata Saka Sutra of Mahayana Buddhism is describing as the “wonderful net” of energy that connects all things in the cosmos. If the universe is nonlocal and holographic, not only does this net link everything together, each point within it also reflects all others. The Sutra begins by stating that at one time in the distant past, this net was “hung” so that “it stretches out infinitely in all directions” as the universe itself. In addition to being the universe, the net contains it and gives it holographic qualities" (from "The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles and Belief" by Gregg Braden)

From the Kindle edition: https://amzn.eu/eLPkzaN

Braden's ideas mesh well with those of Seth.

Offline jbseth

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 09:15:04 AM »
  • Hi All,

There's also Michael Talbot, who wrote the book, "The Holographic Universe".

https://www.amazon.com/Holographic-Universe-Revolutionary-Theory-Reality/dp/0062014102/ref=sr_1_1?crid=I5MLI03FVWDK&dchild=1&keywords=the+holographic+universe+by+michael+talbot&qid=1600872448&sprefix=the+holographic+%2Caps%2C258&sr=8-1

Then, along with this, there's Seth who tells us this:

“It may form particles, but it would be itself whether or not particles existed. In the most basic of terms, almost incomprehensible in your vocabulary, energy is not divided. There can be no portions or parts of it, because it is not an entity like a pie, to be cut or divided. For purposes of discussion, however, we must say that in your terms each smallest portion — each smallest unit of pure energy — contains within it the propelling force toward the formation of all possible variations of itself.” (NotP, Ch9, S787)

and this:

“Once again, in terms of your equations, energy and consciousness and matter are one. And in those terms—in parentheses: (the qualifications are necessary)—consciousness is the agent that directs the transformation of energy into form and of form into energy. All possible visible or invisible particles that you discover or imagine—meaning hypothesized particles—possess consciousness. They are energized consciousness.”  (DEaVF1, Ch 2, S884).

In other words, energy is not really divided into separate portions of itself, instead it is all one. Then along with this, and energy and consciousness and matter are one.

In other words, “everything” is energy, this one indivisible source of all.

-jbseth

Offline T.M.

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 10:02:41 AM »
  • Hi All,

Hi Sena and Jbseth,

I very much agree the Universe operates Holographically and ties in nicely with Seth. I've read Talbots book and would definitely recommend it to anyone. Haven't gotten to Bradens book yet, likely will. I sometimes binge watch his YouTube channel, so likely have come across his material on it.

Offline Sena

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 10:26:45 AM »
    Haven't gotten to Bradens book yet, likely will. I sometimes binge watch his YouTube channel, so likely have come across his material on it.

T.M., Braden is interesting because his approach is quite different from Seth, but he comes to similar conclusions. He does not say anything about channelling. He relies on experiences from his own life, and what his clients have told him when they came to him for counselling/psychotherapy.

Offline T.M.

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 10:31:51 AM »
  • Hi All,

Hi Sena,

I like Braden :)
    I normally won't listen to channeled material. Seth/Jane is the only exception I have to that rule, and Esther Hicks. Though I'm not convinced she's channeling :) that's another matter. I enjoy her material also.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
    Name: Email:
    Verification:
    Type the letters shown in the picture
    Listen to the letters / Request another image
    Type the letters shown in the picture:
    Twelve divided by two (word):