Seth on pure energy and the energetic psyche

Started by Sena, October 19, 2020, 08:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

This is from Chapter 9 of "The Nature of the Psyche", Session 787. What I find interesting is that Seth seems to be saying that "pure energy" is our link to All That Is:

"The smallest unit of pure energy, therefore, weighing nothing in your terms, containing within itself no mass, would hold within its own nature the propensity for the creation of matter in all of its forms, the impetus to create all possible universes. In those terms, energy cannot be considered without bringing to the forefront questions concerning the nature of God or All That Is, for the terms are synonymous. (10:02.) I can say precisely that pure energy is everywhere within itself conscious, but the very words themselves somewhat distort my meaning, for I am speaking of a consciousness most difficult to describe. Pure energy, or any "portion" of it, contains within itself the creative propensity toward individuation, so that within any given portion all individually conscious life is implied, created, sustained. Pure energy cannot be destroyed, and is "at every point" simultaneously being created. Your physical universe and laws give you little evidence of this kind of activity, for at that level the evidence shows you the appearance of time or decay. Your own psychological activity is the closest evidence you have, though you do not use it as such. Pure energy has no beginning or end. The psyche, your psyche, is being freshly created "at every point" of its existence. For that matter, despite all appearances, the physical universe was not born through some explosion of energy which is being dispersed, but is everywhere being created at all of its points "at each moment" (from "The Nature of the Psyche: Its Human Expression (A Seth Book)" by Jane Roberts, Robert F. Butts)

"Your psyche is being drawn back into itself, into All That Is, and "out of itself" into your individuation, in psychological pulses of activity that have a correlation with the behavior of electrons in your world. In the dream or sleep state, when you do not meet as directly with physical activity, there is the opportunity to learn more about the psyche by a study of dreams — those events that are so like and so dissimilar to your waking experience. Take your break. (10:44 to 11:10.) Now: All of the probable events of your life exist at once, at certain levels that are connected to the dream state. Since your activities physically must be fitted into a space-time framework, only a minimum of those probable events will physically occur. Those that do are chosen with great discrimination, dreams serving as one of the methods by which you ascertain the desirability of any given probable act. There is basically no difference at these other levels of existence between waking and dream events. Creatively, then, you organize your experience in such a fashion, with the conscious mind as you think of it also carrying its own responsibility. Those events that you do not accept as physical ones, however, also exist and join their own organizations." (from "The Nature of the Psyche: Its Human Expression (A Seth Book)" by Jane Roberts, Robert F. Butts)

Kindle edition: https://amzn.eu/8kNMNFi

jbseth

Quote from: Sena
"The smallest unit of pure energy, therefore, weighing nothing in your terms, containing within itself no mass, would hold within its own nature the propensity for the creation of matter in all of its forms, the impetus to create all possible universes. In those terms, energy cannot be considered without bringing to the forefront questions concerning the nature of God or All That Is, for the terms are synonymous. (10:02.) I can say precisely that pure energy is everywhere within itself conscious, but the very words themselves somewhat distort my meaning, for I am speaking of a consciousness most difficult to describe. Pure energy, or any "portion" of it, contains within itself the creative propensity toward individuation, so that within any given portion all individually conscious life is implied, created, sustained. Pure energy cannot be destroyed, and is "at every point" simultaneously being created. Your physical universe and laws give you little evidence of this kind of activity, for at that level the evidence shows you the appearance of time or decay. Your own psychological activity is the closest evidence you have, though you do not use it as such. Pure energy has no beginning or end. The psyche, your psyche, is being freshly created "at every point" of its existence. For that matter, despite all appearances, the physical universe was not born through some explosion of energy which is being dispersed, but is everywhere being created at all of its points "at each moment" (from "The Nature of the Psyche: Its Human Expression (A Seth Book)" by Jane Roberts, Robert F. Butts)

Quote from: Sena
"Your psyche is being drawn back into itself, into All That Is, and "out of itself" into your individuation, in psychological pulses of activity that have a correlation with the behavior of electrons in your world.

Hi Sena, Hi All,

Thank you for posting this Seth topic. It's a great one. :)

In the first quote, I'd say that not only is Seth saying that pure energy is our "link" with All That Is, but he's also saying that pure energy "is", All That Is. 

That second quote is really interesting. 

- jbseth

Sena

Quote from: jbseth
That second quote is really interesting. 
jbseth, yes it is. Seth seems to be suggesting that electrons have "mind", whereas scientists assume that electrons are mindless automatons.