Can we imagine the new after virus

Started by narvik2, November 19, 2020, 04:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

narvik2

Someday after this (virus), do we go back to "normal" and nothing changes?
- What if all this is for nothing?  - Or do we think that our world will never be the same again?
If some parts of this old world are stale and have started rotting and stinking, can we let go of the memory and do we have better ideas?
QuoteSeth: Ideas or thoughts
form general patterns, bringing forth in your
world certain kinds of events. In this respect
your thoughts and feelings "seed" physical
reality, bringing forth materializations.
There are,
vigorous invisible mental patterns, into which
the thoughts and feelings of mankind are
organized,   Each person's thoughts flow into that
formation, forming part of the earth's psychic
atmosphere.
What are our visions-thoughts and feelings to bring changes?
If we believe that "we create our reality"  with our individual and mass meditations,  I ask if somebody in this forum is interested to share some visions for future.
When I proposed this to myself I found it quite challenging. 
Is it our lack of imagination that hinders our capacity of change?
If someone is interested to participate and share positive visions it would be a good help for me and maybe for each other.

Greetings from Optimist and pls: Send me a good dream to dream
Like Like x 3 View List

jbseth

Hi narvik2, Hi All,

I like the idea that Seth shares with us that not only do an infinite amount of probable realities exist, but that in "creating our reality" we can choose which ones of these realities we want to experience. This means that there is a "post covid reality" that is not only, not all doom and gloom, but is actually very awesome and fantastic.

Furthermore, this also means that there is one that's right around the corner. That is, we don't have to experience this Covid reality for many years, if we don't want to. We can choose a different reality where this mass event resolves itself rather quickly.

Why can we do this? Because these realities exist and are every bit as real and as unreal as the reality that we are presently choosing to experience. All we have to do is choose differently.

Then along with all of this, in "Seth Speaks", Chapter 11, Session 546, Seth tells us the following:

The experiment that would transform your world would operate upon the basic idea that you create your own reality according to the nature of your beliefs, and that all existence was blessed, and that evil did not exist in it. If these ideas were followed individually and collectively, then the evidence of your physical senses would find no contradiction. They would perceive the world and existence as good.

Thus, in the infinite probable realities, there are also probable realities out there where the people in those realities think like this. Furthermore, we could, in fact choose one of these realities as well. 

Thus, in the blink of an eye, our world could be transformed in ways unimaginable.  How awesome is that?  :)

In many ways, Seth messages were some of the most positive and uplifting messages that I've ever come across.

-jbseth

Like Like x 3 View List

Deb

Quote from: jbseth
Furthermore, this also means that there is one that's right around the corner. That is, we don't have to experience this Covid reality for many years, if we don't want to. We can choose a different reality where this mass event resolves itself rather quickly.

My mind keeps going back to the prediction in Sylvia Browne's book, where she said the virus will suddenly vanish as quickly as it arrived. I'm waiting for that to happen... optimistic.  ;D

We've learned from mass events in the past, at least the ones that were dramatic enough to make an impact. I can see this virus as fitting that description. I can also see life getting back to normal for the most part, but with some improvments. A little thing, but people found out they can work from home. Couldn't have handled this part of the virus 50 years ago. Once this thing is gone, there are a lot of things to be learned about how it happened and how everything was handled. We learn from mistakes and will be able to look back to see what worked and what didn't. Prevention.

BTW narvik2, this is off topic but I keep forgetting to ask. Is your profile icon a Red Sex Link or Buff Orpington or? She's a beauty. I have a few backyard hens. I love them.

Bora137

I'm very optimistic moreover I Loa a better future. Fear is an illusion, if humanity could internalise that en masse we would engage with one of the better probable realities. What actual already manifesting positive strands can I see or think I see at the moment and hope will develop into the future? Working at home has definitely made me give more time to family. I think this is one of the great things about the virus. Social media I think is losing its power and being seen through. On the few days I do go to the office now people are so happy to see actual real faces. Just to look into other people's eyes and share a joke - this realisation I truly believe will shift us away from Facebook and all that other junk. Part of me feels that the virus was a blessing. Seth says only the people that have chosen to die will die. You can see this in the stats, deaths are up even when you subtract out those from c19 - the inference being that the measures brought in to prevent c19 deaths mean people will just go ahead and die of something else. I don't want to in any way trivialise the death of loved ones it is never trivial to lose a loved one even if it is only temporary. But so much was wrong before in terms of overall direction that I think the virus has helped us in many ways and I am excited about the 'spin offs' from it. For one thing I feel a very real shift in 'what is possible' in terms of action on climate change. Also we can turn away from the news and raise the vibe of the entire planet by just helping someone out or smiling at a stranger.
Like Like x 2 View List

Sena

Quote from: Bora137
Seth says only the people that have chosen to die will die. You can see this in the stats, deaths are up even when you subtract out those from c19 - the inference being that the measures brought in to prevent c19 deaths mean people will just go ahead and die of something else. I don't want to in any way trivialise the death of loved ones it is never trivial to lose a loved one even if it is only temporary.
bora, thanks for your comments. It seems to me that the virus has provided us with a learning opportunity, to re-think our ideas about death. Death is not a problem, but the fear of death is a problem. It is fairly obvious that many people who deny the fear of death have a huge unconscious fear of death.
Like Like x 3 View List

narvik2

QuoteWhat are our visions-thoughts and feelings to bring changes?
When I proposed this to myself I found it quite challenging.
Is it our lack of imagination that hinders our capacity of change?
I have been seraching some visions to dream
this is my meager harvest today:
cities:  not too small-tendency to closure;  not too big- too wide open, difficulty to comunication, come and keep agreements
cities, living places:  ecological-geen building,  rainwater harvesting etc
energy: more through carbon neutral renewables
farming, food industry: sustainable methods for soil, respect to animals (i'm not even vegetarian)
compassion - blend of objectivity, understanding and reason.  I'm not talking about love, I'm not capable to love anyone or everyone, maybe respect and tolerance could be possible point of arrival.  I also like buddhist definiton:
QuoteEvil is not "evil" but ignorace
these are my practical level visualizations
and then (the big dreams) raising of conciousness

today I want to be fanatical optimist

Like Like x 1 View List

LarryH

Back in May I listed the following thoughts, which were since supplemented by quotes from the media. I believe I posted the original thoughts somewhere here, but since this new thread appeared, it seems time to revisit these early thoughts. This was shared with acquaintances:

After the Pandemic

In re-reading the channeled Seth book The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events, Seth had much to say in 1977 regarding the reasons for epidemics. Some examples:

"The environment in which an outbreak occurs points at the political, sociological, and economic conditions that have evolved, causing such disorder. Often such outbreaks take place after ineffective political or social action—that is, after some unified mass social protest—has failed, or is considered hopeless."

"Now if you believe in one life only, then such conditions will seem most disastrous, and in your terms they clearly are not pretty. Yet, though each victim in an epidemic may die his or her own death, that death becomes part of a mass social protest. The lives of intimate survivors are shaken, and according to the extent of the epidemic the various elements of social life itself are disturbed, altered, rearranged. Sometimes such epidemics are eventually responsible for the overthrow of governments, the loss of wars."

"The epidemics then serve many purposes—warning that certain conditions will not be tolerated. There is a biological outrage that will be continually expressed until the conditions are changed."

"Even in the days of the great plagues in England there were those smitten who did not die, and there were those untouched by the disease who dealt with the sick and dying. Those survivors, who were actively involved, saw themselves in a completely different light than those who succumbed, however: They were those, untouched by despair, who saw themselves as effective rather than ineffective. Often they roused themselves from lives of previously unheroic situations, and then performed with great bravery. The horror of the conditions overwhelmed them, where earlier they were not involved.

"The sight of the dying gave them visions of the meaning of life, and stirred new [ideas] of sociological, political, and spiritual natures, so that in your terms the dead did not die in vain. Epidemics by their public nature speak of public problems—problems that sociologically threaten to sweep the individual to psychic disaster as the physical materialization does biologically.

"These are the reasons also for the range or the limits of various epidemics –why they sweep through one area and leave another clear."

In light of these concepts, I considered the possible reasons for this pandemic, and focused specifically on the U.S., which has seen the most deaths by far. The reasons are implicit in what I view as likely changes in our society. Some of those changes have already occurred and to some extent will remain. Others may require a change in leadership, but to the extent that a need is recognized, we will see that change. Many changes will be at the individual level via personal value shifts driven by this mass event.

"What may have taken several years or decades to evolve may become reality sooner than anticipated." – Merrill Lynch Investment Insights, 15 May 2020

Healthcare: There will be less political resistance to expanded or universal healthcare. Healthcare will be de-coupled from jobs. Health issues among minorities, the poor, indigenous populations and the homeless will get more attention. Telehealth will continue in cases where it makes sense.

Diet: An expanded interest in reducing meat consumption – those who may be forced to consider meatless diets during the pandemic will be more likely to modify their diets permanently.

Environment: We will have seen nature recovering, the skies clearing, clean air and water, and will not want to return completely to our polluting ways. There will naturally be less need for fossil fuels as the economy retains some of the lessons learned and permanently adjusts the need for travel.

Relationships: While physical visits and hugging between loved ones has become more challenging, compensations in staying connected such as Zoom have become more widely used. They will continue to be utilized. Values will shift from consumerism toward human relationships. The neighbors whom we have gotten to know will stay our friends.

Lifestyle: People will want to retain the slower pace, the more relaxed way of life. Limits on travel and crowd activities will result in people looking inward for satisfaction. Activities such as yoga and meditation will become more widespread. Values of what is important will have changed.

Economy: Work from home will become a permanent reality for many businesses. Other measures like the four-day workweek and job-sharing will become more popular.

Domestic businesses will provide more products and supplies (insourcing), JIT (Just in Time) policies will be modified, multi-sourcing of components and basic supplies will be more common.

Large meat processing companies will be broken up. Worker rights to a safe environment and publicized issues regarding treatment of animals will result in improved conditions.

Education: Teachers will be more appreciated and possibly better compensated. Education will get more creative. Internet access for all regardless of income will be provided. Remote learning at all levels will continue in cases where it is practical and effective.

Government: Governments at all levels will be better prepared for the next pandemic. Science will gain new respect. Citizens will expect a more responsible government, one that is more prepared to lead in a national crisis. Some of the recent tax cuts will be rescinded in order to pay for expanded social programs. There will be reduced interest in military activities overseas. Federal priorities through public pressure will shift from massive defense spending toward social needs.

Governments will take a hard look at reducing unnecessary prison sentences for non-violent crimes, will reassess bail policies, and will expand use of ankle bracelets allowing home detention.

Minimum wage increases and pushes for a living wage will see less political resistance. Unemployment insurance will become available for the gig economy.

"The United States has a chance to emerge from this latest crisis as a stronger nation, more just, more free and more resilient. We must seize the opportunity." -New York Times, 17 May 2020

Since writing the above, newspaper articles appeared: from May 31, 2020, An optimistic look at new COVID-19 realities: "...history has demonstrated that it is in response to major cataclysmic events that humankind most often makes major changes to its collective behavior and culture."

May 31, 2020, Virus demands novel approaches for America: "Unmistakable in this emerging post-virus reality, experts say, are signs that human creativity will forge new approaches, new products and new social paradigms not only more adaptable to future global crises, but also more responsive to income inequality, climate change and other issues laid bare by coronavirus."

July 26, 2020, COVID-19 has exposed our nation's gravest failings: "Viewing COVID-19 through a historian's lens, it's difficult to imagine a vehicle more efficiently designed for exposing and exploiting our nation's gravest failings, among them being our virulent racism; our consistent undervaluing of 'essential' workers and occupations; our shameful neglect of the needs of the elderly, disabled, children and families; and our outright inhumanity toward undocumented immigrants and incarcerated populations."

August 23, 2020: "I think this period of recalibration was long needed and maybe couldn't have happened unless we found ourselves in the midst of a global pandemic and fight for racial justice. There's been this awakening in so many senses. I don't see things returning to the status quo, and that's good. We need change." -Mandy Moore, actor

I did not re-read this stuff today because I wanted others to evaluate whether it stood the test of time, what has and has not happened, what happened instead, what others might add or disagree with, etc. I found it interesting how many non-Seth sources were aligned with the thrust of what Seth had to say.
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Sena

Quote from: narvik2
I also like buddhist definiton:
Evil is not "evil" but ignorace
these are my practical level visualizations
and then (the big dreams) raising of conciousness

today I want to be fanatical optimist
Isa, I think the main result of the virus is that it will focus the minds of spiritually-inclined people on the meaning of death, that death is always a choice of the individual concerned. That is reason for optimism. Death is never "caused" by Covid-19.