OA

Started by Deb, December 06, 2020, 09:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

I came across another series that presents some Sethian concepts. In the process, I saw that there's a season 2 of Russian Doll in the works.

The show (new to me) is OA (Original Angel). I found it on Netfix. It's been fascinating for me, deals with NDEs and a man who kidnaps people and does some inhumane tests because he's obsessed with near death experiences. It's at times very disturbing, but still I feel it's a captivating and complex series. It was planned to span over 5 seasons, but was cancelled after season 2 (2019, 16 episodes). I don't know why. Still worth a watch as far as I'm concerned.

It took me a while to realize why one of the actors looked so familiar. The villain is the man who played Lucius Malfoy (Jason Isaac) in the Harry Potter movies. Other recognizable actors.
Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

Quote from: Deb
The show (new to me) is OA (Original Angel). I found it on Netfix.
Deb, thanks for recommending this.

Sena

I have just started on Episode 3 of the first series. The main character is "Prairie", played by Britt Marling. A writer asks Prairie to tell her "story", so that it can be made into a book. Prairie objects to this, saying that a story has an end, whereas her experiences do not have an end. This seems to me quite Sethian. The experiences of a conscious being do not have an end.

T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Deb,

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm binging season 2. I'm finding it very thought provoking.

Open question for anyone. :)

Do we live in multiple worlds where there's multiple personalities of ourselves.   Or

Do we live in a singular world where multiple personalities of ourselves play out their various lives?
Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

Quote from: T.M.
Do we live in multiple worlds where there's multiple personalities of ourselves.   Or

Do we live in a singular world where multiple personalities of ourselves play out their various lives?
T.M., the Sethian view is that we live in multiple worlds. The main clue we have to this is in our dreams. Last night, I dreamt that I drove my car to a Catholic church. For my waking personality going to church would not be a high priority.

P.S. Thinking further about my dream, I realize that the church I went to was significantly different to any church i have been to in real life. Although I assumed it was a Catholic church, I did not see any Christian statues. It may not have been Christian.
Like Like x 1 View List

T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Sena,

I see why Seth would say we live in multiple worlds. I wonder if it's a bit of semantics, in a way.

Example:  World population is 7.8 billion. We are all creating our own realities and Earth's, so there would be 7.8 billion earths; we are all living on 1 earth while doing so. At least in this 3rd knock on wood seemingly solid dimension. I'm only talking about this 3rd dimension.

In Lynda Dahls Safe universe series, book 1; she goes into detail how objects don't exist even though we think they do.
My paraphrasing, Seth explains roughly how we use the 3rd dimensional body to transfer data from the senses to other dimensions.

So in those other dimensions, most definitely there would be multiple worlds- multiple points of perception-each creating their version(s) of reality.

I think for 3rd dimensional existence, there's 1 template, earth, that we all draw from.
Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

The OA, Series 1, Episode 5:
Seth lesson 101: "Physical reality is camouflage reality."

Deb

Loving this conversation!

I'm on vacation as of today. I was hoping to now have more time to watch this series with less stress and responsibilities and then EEK!, I'm settled into my new lodging and I can't access Netflix. I'll continue to work on that, there were so many things in this series that seemed so Sethian to me.

Do we live in multiple worlds where there's multiple personalities of ourselves. Or do we live in a singular world where multiple personalities of ourselves play out their various lives?

I thought that was a great question, I had to read that a couple of times. I agree with multiple worlds.

Like Like x 2 View List

T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Deb,

I agree it's completely Sethian!  :)
It's like someone read the Seth books and crafted a narrative to explore Seth's ideas. It's really nice to have a show that explores those ideas, to see the ideas played out.

I binged both seasons in 3 days, lol.
I'm still processing them. I'm definitely going to rewatching the entire series again soon.

P.S. Have a good Vacation!! and I hope you get to access Netflix too :)

Thank you again for recommended the series!

I was thinking about my question again this afternoon, and think I'm back to multiple worlds as well, maybe !? Lol.

Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

I was thinking about my question again this afternoon, and think I'm back to multiple worlds as well, maybe !? Lol.
T.M., as I understand it, some of these worlds may not be "physical" in the same way that our world is physical. That is why our physical scientific instruments are not able to detect the other worlds. The Egyptian Book of the Dead, for instance, describes another world called the 'Field of Reeds'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_the_Dead
Like Like x 1 View List

T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Sena,

My 1 world theory would only apply to the 3rd dimension. Like a blank stage.

I've been working on a theory or ideas about dimensions, especially the 3rd dimension for awhile. How energy appears as it moves through them. Still very much a work in progress. I'm not quite able to put it in a narrative yet.

Like Like x 1 View List

T.M.

P.S.

We know the 3rd dimension has a gravitational field. Imagine an event as a whole complete thing. As the event approaches a gravitational field, it gets slowed down, seemingly pulled apart, as past, present and future. Each element of the event appears as it's own separate scene, divorced from the whole.

Take the same event and speed it back up, then the seeming divisions aren't (as) apparent as divisions.

I'm not sure what gravitational effects are in other dimensions. Perhaps lessening by degrees.

The single world would be the 3rd dimension gravitational field.
Like Like x 1 View List

jbseth

Hi T.M., Hi All,

In TES6, S248, Seth said:

Actions, even historic actions, within your system, have their reality you see in other systems also, though they will be perceived in quite a different manner. Remember some of the main points I gave you on probabilities. You see, in some dimension Napoleon conquered Europe completely, and the actions resulting from that probability continue in that dimension.

Given your question above regarding worlds and personalities, how do you interpret what Seth says in this session?

-jbseth

T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Jbseth,

Napoleon's (or anyone) energy field hits the 3rd dimension gravitational field and materializes. Still just 1 3rd dimensional gravitational plane.

Say there's 4 primary personalities inside Napoleon. His energy field would still be 1 entity, like an atom. When the atom hits the 3rd dimension gravity field, each primary personality would materialize it's own reality. Due to the slowness of the gravity field, each one's experiences would appear separately from each other. Though you could argue that 4 worlds are going on, as each one would have it's own private world (seemingly) going on. It still would all be coming from the 1 3rd dimensional field.

I sometimes play on the Seth search engine starting with Atom. Atom and reincarnation, atom and time, nature of the atom, etc.
This passage I find very interesting, for now. I think there's a definite correlation between an entity and an atom.
If that's the case, the question becomes, what happens to an atom when it enters a 3rd dimensional gravitational field?? At least to me

"Atom smashers do not smash atoms. They merely change the atomic parts that appear within your own system. If man ever learned to so manipulate the whole atom, then indeed would there be disasters that have never been imagined."
—TES6 Session 250 April 11, 1966. (Why? Would entities then be ripped apart?)

• "(Pause at 9:35.) As I have said frequently, time as you think of it does not exist, yet in your terms, time's true nature could be understood if the basic nature of the atom was ever made known to you. In one way, an atom could be compared to a microsecond."

• "The nature of matter itself is not understood. You perceive it at a certain "stage." Using your terms now and speaking as simply as possible, there are other forms of matter beyond those you see. These forms are quite real and vivid, quite "physical," to those who react to that particular sphere of activity."

• "In terms of probabilities, therefore, you choose certain acts, unconsciously transform these into physical events or objects, and then perceive them. But those unchosen events also go out from you and are projected into these other forms. Now the behavior of atoms and molecules is involved here, for again these are only present within your universe during certain stages. Their activity is perceived only during the range of particular vibratory rhythms. When your scientists examine them for example, they do not examine the nature, say, of an atom. They only explore the characteristics of an atom as it acts or shows itself within your system. Its greater reality completely escapes them."

—SS Chapter 16: Session 567, February 17, 1971
Like Like x 1 View List

T.M.

All matter is formed from basic building blocks called atoms.  Atoms are made of even smaller particles called protons, electrons, and neutrons.  Protons and neutrons live in the nucleus of an atom and are almost identical in mass.  However, protons have positive charges whereas neutrons have no charge.  Electrons have a negative charge and orbit the nucleus in shells or electron orbitals and are much less massive than the other particles. 

Essentially, what if every part of the atom possesses perceptive abilities? The protons, electrons and neutrons. What if each part materializes its own reality?

jbseth

Hi T.M., Hi All,

I think that you and I probably differ in our beliefs about this.  I'm not saying that you're wrong here because I don't know that you are; I just have a different belief about this.

I believe that there are very many 3D realities.  In many of these, gravity, space and time all work the same way. In at least one of these, Napoleon lost the battle of Waterloo. In at least another, he conquered Europe.

Regarding the building blocks of reality, I tend to think of Seth's CU's or Conscious Unit's) as the fundamental building blocks of everything. These CU units are made of aware-ized energy.

-jbseth

Like Like x 1 View List

T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Jbseth,

It's just a few ideas I'm kicking around :)

jbseth

Hi T.M., Hi All,

No Problem.

I really like that you like to play around with ideas like that.  :)

-jbseth
Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

Series 2, episode 1: Sethian probable realities.

The following statement by one of the characters is not exactly Sethian, but may be close:

"Near-death experiences are not glimpses into the afterlife, they are glimpses into OTHER (alternative) lives."
Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

Series 2, Episode 7.
Reference to the Entity.
The character Prairie, played by Brit Marling, is informed that she has no way of "escaping" the psychiatrist who seems to be persecuting her, because they both belong to the same "family". Here the term family seems to correspond to Seth's Entity.
Like Like x 1 View List

Deb

I'm back home now. I managed to watch OA on my laptop here and there and I have to say I love this show. Sorry I've been absent, this past week I have been caught up in a storm of phone calls, texts and emails that have been the fallout from Mary's death and my role in continuing her research project. Another topic in the making.

This show, OA, often touches on concepts I've mostly only heard consistently in the Seth materials. Concepts involving a multiverse, probable selves, choices, the nature of reality, "families" of reincarnational souls, shifting into probable lives... I want to watch it all again so I can take notes. There are too many cliff hangers at the end of the second season, as far as I've read.

This show was cancelled after two very successful and highly rated seasons. I can't imagine why. I'm hoping the recent surge in new viewers of the show will cause the series to be picked up again.

Like Like x 2 View List

Sena

In terms of probabilities, therefore, you choose certain acts, unconsciously transform these into physical events or objects, and then perceive them. But those unchosen events also go out from you and are projected into these other forms. Now the behavior of atoms and molecules is involved here, for again these are only present within your universe during certain stages.
T.M., thanks for this Seth quote. I understand it in terms of Schrödinger's cat. What you see in the picture below is a live cat and a dead cat. The strange thing is that there is only ONE cat, and the cat is BOTH alive and dead. This applies to every subatomic particle in the universe. In Sethian terms, one probable reality is that the cat is alive, and another probable reality is that the cat is dead. It is extraordinary that Seth spoke about this, because there is no evidence that Jane Roberts had an understanding of advanced physics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

Norman Friedman's book goes into this topic in depth, but is not easy to read:

"Seth's idea of probable systems expands and enriches his concept of reality. Probable
systems may not appear so strange in the light of Hugh Everett's many-universe theory. In
attempting to explain the measurement problem in physics, Everett assumed that the universe splits
into all its probabilities when a measurement is made. These universes exist side by side and
simultaneously, though not in contact.
........With all this as a backdrop, Seth's concepts of probability
seem less farfetched.
According to Seth, all actions are initially mental actions, and all mental actions are valid. In
our daily lives at any given moment, we have many choices of action, trivial or significant. We
choose one of the actions and (in Seth's view) actualize it into our reality by the methods previously
described. What happens to the actions we do not choose? He says they are as valid as the ones
chosen and are not discarded merely because they were not brought into our universe. They are
actualized elsewhere, in other probable realities. That means that in other realities, there are other
probable selves, other probable earths, all using actions that we, in this reality, have chosen not to
use. In short, our slightest thought gives birth to worlds.
Seth says that in dreams and in other situations where the ego is calmed, considerable
communication takes place between various probable selves.
Because of this cosmic
interconnection, we can avail ourselves to some extent of the abilities and knowledge possessed by
other probable portions of our personality. In short, we are serially and three-dimensionally
oriented, and that prevents us from perceiving our existence in a sea of probable events."

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/151888.Bridging_Science_and_Spirit
Like Like x 2 View List

T.M.

Hi All,

This show has helped me to open my mind in ways I hadn't really expected.

Now I'm wondering if literally there is no death.  Perhaps what happens instead is that a person embraces a new aspect, or storyline of themselves and literally walks into that new reality at a certain point. What gets left behind is an empty shell.

Are we not if nothing else the living embodiment of the story about ourselves, that we constantly tell ourselves!?

jbseth

Now I'm wondering if literally there is no death.

Hi T.M., Hi All,

I, for one, personally do believe that, there literally is, no death.

When we die, our consciousness leaves out body, and our body does eventually die and decompose but our conscious doesn't die. There is no death. 

In Seth Speaks, Seth talks about what happens in great detail, when we die.

Welcome to the club.   :)

-jbseth

Like Like x 2 View List

T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Jbseth,

Thanks!  :)

I didn't word my post well, lol. I knew/know the personality survives. I guess I'm trying to describe the process?!

Sena

Now I'm wondering if literally there is no death.  Perhaps what happens instead is that a person embraces a new aspect, or storyline of themselves and literally walks into that new reality at a certain point. What gets left behind is an empty shell.
T.M., yes, the subjective reality is that there is no death. This is graphically illustrated in the film OA, where Prairie "dies" several times but continues in a probable reality. In her case the probable realities were on Earth, but in other cases they could be "elsewhere", which could mean a parallel dimension.
Like Like x 1 View List

strangerthings

I use to really like this show when it first came out
So much so I have watched it many times.

But things have changed for me discovering its under story (for me)

Yes yes my journey....my perception...

But the key thing for me is that like Smith and Neo bound together as one and yet separate, as a Janus, one is horrified by the other... the tree of knowledge of good and evil rears its head.

(Looks around the world wondering, about us)

I prefer the tree of life now.

Seth discusses the science and military using certain things before the rest of us catch up.
😐
Like Like x 2 View List

strangerthings

Quote from: T.M. on December 08, 2020, 11:26:08 PMDo we live in multiple worlds where there's multiple personalities of ourselves.

Without a doubt.

Nothin like seeing yourself doing things you are doing but differently and happier. *L* Or 'worse' off than you... *S*

I only use those adjectives because it is easier when explaining. How I actually feel about it all -- those adjectives do not fit.

We are all here to do what we are all here to do.

I have seen myself in other worldly dimensions too. I looked really cool but no way human! Humanish maybe. I had long long dunno what color hair you would call it, and my arms glowed with light inside between elbows and shoulders and my skin was .... not skin just see through perhaps?

I was with a friend who looked like I did. I was wearing what you would I guess think of natives wearing. I looked very sci fi.

My hair had a few braids on the sides of my cheeks.

I thought I looked cool. *L*

There has been other accounts of me elsewhere too.

I saw a past life where I was assassinated. LOL That was fun. Hey I know what it feels like to be shot! That was not fun waking up thinking you are laying in a pool of blood. I was a man. I was on a mission. I got shot before I got to shoot. I was with other combat men. All dressed in black. It was night time.

But yeah... waking up from that was ermmm rather difficult and I was grabbing at my gut trembling and mind you sweating profusely. My bed was covered in sweat. I though it was my blood! I can laugh now ... but it was very very uncomfortable being me that day to say the least.

I can tell when it is a dream or I am visiting elsewhere. Well so far I can.

I have had a couple experiences also that it was just too much and when I woke up remembering it all I said something like "Take that from me right now Inner Self I am not doing "this". You might think Im ready but I am not! *L* So the intense feelings were removed and I was left with the visual. THAT is bizarre! For me.

I joke with my Inner Being about this because it was like having a baby with only half an epidural. The contractions are less painful but from the lower belly down you feel everything. Kindof like that. Yep.  (we laugh at this ...me and my daughter... her first words to hear me speak were not ....ummmm hi baby hows it goin i love you so much)
*L*

No way it is just little ole me around. Im convinced!

strangerthings

Quote from: Deb on December 18, 2020, 08:58:37 PMI'm back home now. I managed to watch OA on my laptop here and there and I have to say I love this show. Sorry I've been absent, this past week I have been caught up in a storm of phone calls, texts and emails that have been the fallout from Mary's death and my role in continuing her research project. Another topic in the making.

This show, OA, often touches on concepts I've mostly only heard consistently in the Seth materials. Concepts involving a multiverse, probable selves, choices, the nature of reality, "families" of reincarnational souls, shifting into probable lives... I want to watch it all again so I can take notes. There are too many cliff hangers at the end of the second season, as far as I've read.

This show was cancelled after two very successful and highly rated seasons. I can't imagine why. I'm hoping the recent surge in new viewers of the show will cause the series to be picked up again.

And then you can binge the tv series "Lost" because it is the same thing. lol
That series is so cool.
But switching to OA... HAP reminds me of Mr. Smith in the Matrix. The counter self.
Was HAP ever loved? Did he ever love another? What would change in their reality if she felt to love HAP and not hate him?
Like Like x 1 View List