Author Topic: Seth's Obsession?! :)  (Read 489 times)

Offline T.M.

Hi All,

I found this a bit curious and humorous!

"I can imagine a lovely scene where bodiless individuals, spiritual psychologists and I, sit in a dark room all dressed in gowns at another level of reality, and they ask me what is wrong with me and I say—I am obsessed. I have it in my head that there is a physical reality somewhere where objects have shape and form—where there are things like trees and people and streetcars and a strange thing called progress. And where people believe in things like ghosts and demons all on the same line, seeing little difference between them and I imagine in my most schizoid (Doug—“that’s what I said”) moments that there is a woman called Jane Butts in a strange, funny little town in a completely fantastic place called Elmira, New York. And I have the delusion that I speak through this woman and look out through her eyes at the most fantastic creatures imaginable.

—TECS2 ESP Class Session, May 5, 1970
Like Like x 3 View List

Offline Sena

Quote from: T.M.
And I have the delusion that I speak through this woman and look out through her eyes at the most fantastic creatures imaginable.
T.M., this is a nice find on the day after Christmas. Seth is not certifiable because he is fully aware of his obsession. A certain non-physical entity is said to have entered physical reality and born in a cowshed in Bethlehem many years ago. Perhaps he/she was obsessing after a physical existence.
Like Like x 2 View List

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
  • ~You are the black sheep of the Universe.~
Wow what a great and interesting quote this is. I looked it up on the search engine and the whole session looks really interesting. From this quote, Seth is saying he can "imagine a scenario" where he tells other contemporaries that he is obsessed.

What I gather from the partial quotes on the search engine, Seth is explaining who he and ATI are. I have the book (Early Class Sessions 2) and plan to take a nice break this afternoon to read it. I'll let you know if anything else interesting comes up.

BTW I've been listening to another Dean Koontz book, "from the corner of his eye." As always, good vs. evil with some supernatural thrown in. What's really caught my attention the past couple of times I've listened is that one of the characters (he will eventually be the main character) is a little boy whose father died while driving his wife, in labor, to the hospital. At this point in the book, the boy Barty is 3 years old going on 20. Precocious from the day he was born, he's been indicating to his mother of what sounds like probable selves, probable lives, and his being able to switch to other realities when he wants. Such as they were caught out in the rain while visiting the father's grave, ran back to their car, and while the mother is cold and soaking wet… Barty is dry. He said he just "ran in the place where the rain wasn't." He doesn't have the vocabulary to explain what he means, asks his mother if she can see "all of the ways things are" too (meaning there's more than this reality, and he can see all of them). Such as in one of the realities, his father didn't die. She doesn't understand, is concerned about his mental health. I think little Barty has entity superpowers. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_the_Corner_of_His_Eye
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 03:50:25 PM by Deb »
Like Like x 2 View List

Offline T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Deb,

That's where I found it, the search engine. :)  I was looking for Seth's definition of planet's, and this somehow came up! I was trying to find some reference to the level of possible consciousness going on with(in) planets, outside of 3D reality.

The Dean Koontz character Barty sounds interesting, Thanks, I might have to give the book a read :) it really fits in with what I'm kinda of thinking of these days, the ability to literally walk into other realities.

I've kinda had a pet theory going for awhile, that some people have the ability to get around the 3D perceptual lock's that most of us can't. I listen to David Paulides, X- detective that investigates many missing person cases the police have given up on. Some of these people have seemingly vanished into thin air, never to return. There's usually a weather pattern of heavy clouds, wet rainy weather that hampers any search attempts for at least a few days to longer in most of those cases as well. I'm thinking of Seth's statements that there's a correlation between weather and emotions.

I think I once read something in Seth where he alluded to this being possible under certain conditions, and if the personality is ready for that kind of experience. I can't swear to that either, and I read a lot of things.

Offline Sena

I was looking for Seth's definition of planet's, and this somehow came up! I was trying to find some reference to the level of possible consciousness going on with(in) planets, outside of 3D reality.
T.M., the person who wrote a lot about the consciousness of planets was Rudolf Steiner. I have dipped into Steiner, but not read him in detail:

https://www.rudolfsteiner.org/fileadmin/user_upload/regions/central/The_Spiritual_Individualities_of_the_Planets.pdf
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Sena,

Thanks!  I will check him out. I've heard a lot about him , haven't read very much of him either.

Offline Sena

A quote from that Steiner webpage:

"Jupiter is a planet with a different character. Jupiter is the Thinker in our planetary system,
and thinking is the activity cultivated by all the Beings in his cosmic domain. Creative thoughts
received from the universe radiate to us from Jupiter. Jupiter contains, in the form of thoughts,
all the formative forces for the different orders of cosmic Beings.
Whereas Saturn tells of the
past, Jupiter gives a living portrayal of what is connected with
him in the cosmic present. But what Jupiter reveals to the eye of
spirit must be grasped with thoughtful intelligence. If a man
does not himself make efforts to develop his capacities of
thinking, he cannot, even if he is clairvoyant, approach the
mysteries of Jupiter, for they are revealed in the form of
thoughts and can be approached only through a genuine activity
of thinking. Jupiter is the Thinker in our universe."
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Sena,

"Effective” space travel, creative space travel on your part, will not occur until you learn that your space-time system is one focus. Otherwise you will seem to visit one dead world after another, blind to civilizations that may exist on any of them. Some of these difficulties could be transcended if you learned to understand the miraculous multidimensionality of even your own physical structure, and allowed your consciousness some of its greater freedom."
—UR2 Section 4: Session 712 October 16, 1974

I thought this was actually in TES9.  This passage reminds me of the Law of One Material also. As they claim there are civilizations in 4,5,@6 density consciousness on many seemingly to us empty planets. Venus is 6D, according to them, if I recall correctly.
They call them social memory complexes.  Many think that the Law of One material is actually  cia sponsored disinfo. I'm not sure I disagree with them either. I guess even so it could contain some truthful material. I admit I have a very hard time reading it. The I am Ra, stated at the beginning of nearly every sentence drives me up the wall.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
That's where I found it, the search engine. I was looking for Seth's definition of planet's, and this somehow came up! I was trying to find some reference to the level of possible consciousness going on with(in) planets, outside of 3D reality.

I realized that :), but I wanted to see the quote in context because it seemed to me a strange thing for Seth to say. When I read more of the session (very interesting) and saw how many "skipped" paragraphs there were, I decided I really had to read the whole thing. Thanks for sharing this topic!

I'm putting the entire text of the May 5, 1975 session in an attachment, so people can download it and read at their leisure. The variety of topics Seth covers in this session is incredible—"nutrient dense" as they say. And even more incredible… when I pulled the book off my shelf, I saw I'd dog-eared the session and underlined some things sometime in the past, including the part about Seth's obsession! So much for my memory. :o It's taken me a few days to get this together. I copied what I could from the search engine and then filled in the blanks from my book. Please excuse any typos.

Seth is interacting with early members (not the usual suspects we know from the class sessions). Rob was not yet taking notes, it was always a class member, so there are some missed words.

One of the things I love about these ESP sessions is that Seth was more conversational, with simple language and analogies for these people that were new to him and his teachings. The part about his obsession came about because it sounded like someone or the group was concerned that he was "possessing" Jane. He demonstrates she's quite in control, and then jokes that she's probably possessing him. That's when he goes into a hypothetical scenario: Seth is being counseled by spiritual psychologists in F2 and trying to describe our physical reality to them, with them thinking he's delusional, it's all too unbelievable to them. :D
Like Like x 2 Love it! Love it! x 2 View List

Offline Sena

Deb, that is a really useful download for the New Year. Seth gives a clear explanation of the nature of All That Is:

"All That Is is not male or female, and I am sorry to upset anyone. All
That Is is indeed energy and yet all energy is individualized so you are not
dealing merely with impersonal energy but neither are you dealing with a
personality in the terms usually used.
For you do not understand as yet what
personality is, and when you understand what you are, then you will have some
small glimmering of what All That Is is and basically you will find All That Is within
yourselves.
You will find All That Is also within a leaf and within a flower. If you believe that a
leaf is a piece of physical matter without consciousness, without glory, then you
will learn nothing from it. But if you realize that a life is a portion of All That Is then
you will realize what communication is."

Catholic theologians should note that there is no God who is "three persons".

Another quote:

"There is nothing that is not blessed, nothing that is not filled with All That Is from
which it achieves its existence, its energy, its consciousness and its strength.
When you attempt to objectify All That Is into the nature of a God that exists
somewhere outside you, then it seems to you that you must reach outward when
instead you must listen inwardly."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 02:43:33 AM by Sena »
Like Like x 2 View List

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
Yes, great quote, there's so much in this session. One of those that struck me was about we DO NOT have dominion over the planet and every other living thing on it! I'd heard a commercial a couple of weeks ago, a Christian talk show host talking about how we've been given by go dominion over everything, and it really made me angry thinking about how much harm has been done with arrogance like that.

From Genesis 1:26-28, it's in 26 and then rephrased in 28:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.."

From Seth (about over-population):

"Now this situation did not simply arise. You brought it upon yourselves to teach yourselves a lesson. You brought it upon yourselves to bring yourselves to a new step of spiritual and psychic evolution. You had to realize that a certain amount of spirituality was necessary if the inner psychic self would grow. You brought it upon yourselves so you would realize that you were blessed with a planet upon which your species could grow. You brought it upon yourselves so that you would realize despite all your stories (shouts really loud!) that you have not been given dominion.

You are not to dominate the planet. You are not to dominate the species upon the planet. You are not to use the earth for your own purposes. You were not set in domination over the animals. You are to cooperate with all life and all life is a part of All That Is and every animal has consciousness and you will realize this or you will destroy your planet."

We had vanity auto plates in Colorado that said "Respect Life." When I first saw them, I thought they were anti-abortion, but they were introduced after the Columbine High School massacre. I don't think they're available any more, but they now have a greater meaning to me and I'd probably get one if I could.
Like Like x 2 Love it! Love it! x 2 View List

Offline jbseth

Hi Deb,

When I was little, my Mom told me that ex's (XXX) and oh's (OOO) on a birthday card or a Christmas card, for example, represents "hugs" and "kisses"; I forget now, which is which.

Is it your understanding that this is what these ex's (XXX) and oh's (OOO) represent on the license plate, hugs and kisses, or do they represent something else?

-jbseth
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
Hah, I still sign off on some letters with Xs and Os. At first I figured that they just needed something generic to show what the plate looked like. But generally CO plates have 3 letters, a hyphen then 3 numbers, so that was intentional. Maybe a message for the victims of Columbine.

But then again, they did it on the standard CO plate too.
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
Just got back from a walk, listening to the Dean Koontz book I mentioned above. Three year old Barty is diagnosed with cancer in both of his eyes, will be having at least one removed the next morning. His mother Agnes is reading to him in bed because while he'd spent the weekending reading books cover to cover, his eyes could no longer focus. She decides to ask him more about his talk of "all the ways things are." Here's part of the conversation (probabilities—I loved it!):

Agnes (A): …what I've been wondering, when you talk about all the ways things are, is there some place where you don't have this problem with your eyes?

Barty (B): Sure. That's how it works with everything. Everything that can happen does happen and each way of happening makes a whole new place.

A: I didn't follow that at all.

B: (He sighed.) I know.

A: Do you see these other places?

B: Just feel them.

A: Even when you walk in them?

B: I don't really walk in them. I just sort of walk in the idea of them.

A: I don't suppose you could make that any clearer for your old mom, huh?

b: Maybe someday.

A: So how far away are these places?

B: All here together, now.

A: Other Bartys and other Agneses, and other houses like this? All here together now?

B: Yeah.

A: And in some of them, your dad's alive.

B: Yeah.

A: And in some of them, maybe I died the night you were born and you live alone with your dad.

B: Some places. It has to be like that.

A: And some places, it has to be that your eyes are ok?

B: There's lots of places where I don't have bad eyes at all. And then lots of places where I have it worse. Or don't have it as bad, but still have it some.
Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 2 View List

Offline T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Deb,

I think I'm going to have to get that book and give it a read, Thanks!
Like Like x 2 View List

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
T.M., just beware that since it's a Dean Koontz book, the bad guy character is a sick puppy, a sociopathic killer, and it gets pretty graphic at times. So if that sort of stuff bothers you (I grew up on it, but even then Koontz can be over the top), then you probably won't like the book. But besides the parallels to Seth, I'm intrigued by the internal workings of the mind of the killer. How he sees himself, his delusions of how women react to him, rationalizations, etc.

Koontz is really great at character development, the way Stephen King and J.K. Rowling are. I really get to know and relate to the good characters, so my emotions come in play. I'm almost embarrassed to say I've cried a little over some of the characters' losses in Koontz's books.  ::)
Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
I'm done with the book now, but wanted to share this part from Chapter 71 because it fits right in with Seth... and quantum physics. There ended up being two children in the story that were what some would call Indigos, they had some natural abilities to sense more of the greater picture, to sense other probable worlds and lives, and all that encompasses. This quote (I've left out some irrelevant text) also uses the tree analogy for explaining probable lives, but Koontz feels it's based on moral decisions and not just decisions in general.

A character in the story, Detective Thomas Venadium, explained that from childhood he'd also had an ability to "feel a lot of the other possibilities inherent in any situation. To know they exist simultaneously with my reality, side by side, each world as real as mine. In my bones, in my blood, I feel 'all the way things are.' A depth to life. Layers beyond layers. Sometimes it's scary, sometimes it inspires. I can't see these other worlds, can't move between them, but with this quarter I can prove what I feel isn't my imagination." (He tosses a quarter into the air and it vanishes.) He uses swiss cheese as an analogy… "all of these many worlds are like a stack of slices of swiss cheese. Through some holes you can see only the next slice, through others you see through two or three or five slices before holes stop overlapping. There are little holes between stacked worlds too, but they're constantly shifting, changing, second by second, and I can't see them really but I have an uncanny feel for them."

Quote from: Venadium
First, on the subatomic level, effect sometimes comes before cause. In other words, an event can happen before the reason for it ever occurs. Equally odd, in an experiment with a human observer, subatomic particles behave differently from the way they behave when the experiment is unobserved while in progress and the results are examined after the fact which might suggest that human will, even subconsciously expressed, shapes reality.

And how about this, every point in the universe is directly connected to every other point regardless of distance. So any point on Mars is in some mysterious way as close to me as are any of you. Which means it's possible for any information and objects, even people, to move instantly between here and London without wires or microwave transmission. In fact, between here and a distant star, instantly. We just haven't figured out how to make it happen. Indeed, on a deep structural level, every point in the Universe is the same point. This interconnectedness is so complete that a great flock of birds taking flight in Tokyo, disturbing the air with their wings, contributes to weather changes in Chicago.

One of the fundamental things suggested by quantum mechanics is that an infinite number of realities exist. Other worlds parallel to ours which we can't see. For example, worlds in which, because of the specific decisions of certain people on both sides, Germany won the last great war. And other worlds in which the Union lost the civil war. And worlds in which a nuclear war has already been fought between the US and Soviets….

Now I'm going to add a human touch and spiritual spin to all of this. When each of us comes to a point where he has to make a significant moral decision affecting the development of his character and the lives of others, and each time he makes the less wise choice, that's where I myself believe a new world splits off. When I make an immoral or just a foolish choice, another world is created in which I did the right thing. And in that world I am redeemed for a while, given a chance to become a better version of the Tom Venadium who lives on in the other world of the wrong choice. There are so many worlds with imperfect Tom Venadiums that always someplace, someplace, I'm moving steadily toward a state of grace.

Bartie (age 3): Each life is like our oak tree in the back yard, but lots bigger. One trunk to start with, and then all the branches, millions of branches, and every branch is the same life going in a new direction.

This is what I found to be a new twist to the tree analogy:

Mother: And maybe, when your life comes to an end in all those many branches, what you're finally judged on is the shape and the beauty of the tree.

Grace: Making too many wrong choices produces too many branches. A gnarled, twisted, ugly growth.

Maria: Too few might mean you made an admirably small number of moral mistakes. But also that you failed to take reasonable risk and didn't make full use of the gift of life.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:18:21 AM by Deb »
Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Offline T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Deb,

Your quote from Venadium reminds me of some actual real world science discovered not too long ago. I'm not sure if it's referred to in the article below, I read somewhere that these portals exist between the sun and all the planets in this solar system as well.
If such a network for energy transference exists above us, I see no reason why some such similar system wouldn't exist in some form here below on earth, and likely in some form on the other planets in our solar system as well.

Oct. 30, 2008: During the time it takes you to read this article, something will happen high overhead that until recently many scientists didn't believe in. A magnetic portal will open, linking Earth to the sun 93 million miles away. Tons of high-energy particles may flow through the opening before it closes again, around the time you reach the end of the page.

"It's called a flux transfer event or 'FTE,'" says space physicist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "Ten years ago I was pretty sure they didn't exist, but now the evidence is incontrovertible."

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2008/30oct_ftes
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
I need to read that!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Jane's last name (not case sensitive):
Rob's last name (not case sensitive):