Food and the various consciousnesses of the self

Started by Bora137, December 22, 2020, 04:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bora137

As we come into Christmas which for most of us means eating what we want I've been thinking about where desire for a certain food comes from. This I think can help us identify the various consciousnesses that make us up. So this morning I really desired a bacon butty. I don't eat much meat but I do now and then. Anyway I listen to the rest of my being for a moment and although I (my mind that is) desired the butty my body was I found less keen telling me that yes it would enjoy the consumption of the bacon but later it would feel heavy and greasy and that this form of fuel was not optimal. So I think maybe that's all the cells that cooperate to make up me telling me this wasn't the food they wanted. When I then considered porridge, I was not so keen but I my body told me this was yes exactly what it wanted not so much for the sensory pleasure at the moment of consumption but more importantly for feeling good and having energy for the next few hours. What is also interesting here is the body is choosing the healthy option and it is the mind that is going for the choice that gives it pleasure in the moment. This perhaps goes against the notion that the body is caveman and the mind is attempting to seek higher ways of being, I don't think this assumption is true.

Also thanks to all on this site for making it so great. Have a lovely Christmas or just holiday ⛄

Sena

Quote from: Bora137
Anyway I listen to the rest of my being for a moment and although I (my mind that is) desired the butty my body was I found less keen telling me that yes it would enjoy the consumption of the bacon but later it would feel heavy and greasy and that this form of fuel was not optimal.
Bora, thanks for sharing your views. I agree that the rearing of animals for meat is bad for the environment, but I feel that a lot more could be done to convert from fossil fuels to solar energy, wind power etc. So I am not giving up meat. I eat meat in moderation, but I do like the fatty bits. Here is a Seth quote:

"Fresh fruits and vegetables are excellent. Meat, but not fatty meats, and not an overabundance of meats. You will enjoy your meals more and you will savor the individual tastes with more discrimination.

[... 26 paragraphs ...]

A little more here concerning diet. You are indeed to a large extent what you eat. You are bound up in the cycle of earth relationships. The eating of meat without doubt focuses the physical mechanism closely to the physical system. There is nothing wrong with this. If you are trying to develop inner abilities however, and if you wish to allow yourself a mobility of focus, then moderation in this respect must be used."

—TES4 Session 185 September 6, 1965
Like Like x 1 View List

Bora137

If you are trying to develop inner abilities however, and if you wish to allow yourself a mobility of focus, then moderation in this respect must be used."

Thanks Sena and I agree with this quote fully, though I do wonder what he meant by mobility of focus.

But I guess my meaning wasn't so much from an ethical standpoint but of course this is hard to escape when we consider food. But really I'm just isolating and examining a point in time when my mind and the vehicle body I inhabit that has cells with their own collective consciousness were at odds on what 'we' should consume from breakfast. A mini Seth exercise maybe to recognise that body and mind are cooperating and interconnected but are also two separate 'beings'?!
Like Like x 2 View List

Sena

Thanks Sena and I agree with this quote fully, though I do wonder what he meant by mobility of focus.
Bora, as I understand it, Seth is saying that if you eat more meat you are less likely to have psychic experiences. I have had very few psychic experiences, and nothing very sensational. Does anyone know whether Jane Roberts was a meat-eater?
Like Like x 1 View List

Bora137

Hi Sena, yes indeed she was. Seth refers to her morning bacon sandwich in one session. And thanks for explaining this as it correlates with my experience. I have had no real pyschic experiences but during a week of intensive meditation when I ate no meat I opened my crown chakra I believe as for a week I hardly slept and was filled with higher consciousness, inexhaustible energy and a sort of feeling of invincibility. I had to focus on shutting down the chakra to sleep again. I think I only achieved this because I had no meat that week.
Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

I have had no real pyschic experiences but during a week of intensive meditation when I ate no meat I opened my crown chakra I believe as for a week I hardly slept and was filled with higher consciousness, inexhaustible energy and a sort of feeling of invincibility. I had to focus on shutting down the chakra to sleep again. I think I only achieved this because I had no meat that week
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

T.M.

A mini Seth exercise maybe to recognise that body and mind are cooperating and interconnected but are also two separate 'beings'?!

Hi All,  Hi Bora137,

After having lived in my body for 57 years, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind anymore, that my body has its own conscious being, with its own drives and priorities!  :)
I'm trying to consciously recognize and work with it now. I'm starting to wonder if it also helps in creating one's personal reality as well. As before I guess I've seen that as a more intellectual process somewhat divorced from what the physical body cares about, or wants.
Like Like x 2 View List