Lucid Dreaming Study

Started by jbseth, February 19, 2021, 11:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

I came across this Lucid Dreaming study today on the internet.

Apparently researchers have found a way to communicate with people in the mist of a lucid dreaming.

Cool.  :)

Here's the website for this article:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/dream-factory/202102/scientists-can-communicate-lucid-dreamers-while-they-sleep

- jbseth
Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Deb

VERY cool, thanks for this.

You've seen Inception? I had my first lucid dream after watching the movie. For some reason I haven't had one in a long time, but I do sometimes recall dreams where I've interacted with some important people in my life (for instance, recently, Mary or Rich) that could just be dreams or could be something more.

LarryH

The techniques used in these studies are similar to those used by my ex-wife for her PhD over 32 years ago when she proved in a sleep lab that children could lucid dream. The study involved deliberate eye movement in response to flashing lights using prototype goggles developed by Steven LeBerge. She called me last night very excited about this new development but had not yet read the article. Maybe she will chime in here, as she is a member.
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

Thanks for the message.  :)

I read Stephen Leberge's book on Lucid Dreaming, many years ago.

I hope your ex-wife does chime in. I'd like to hear what she has to say about this.

-jbseth
Like Like x 1 View List