Session 78

Started by jbseth, March 28, 2021, 11:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

Yesterday I came across Session 78 in TES2 and it really caught my eye. In this session, Seth tells us that he's going to cover a variety of subjects in this session, and he really does. While he starts out by talking about "open" and "closed" systems, some of the other topics that he touches upon in this session include the following.

- A "closed" system is the result of "camouflage" distortions.

- How it is that in a "closed" system, it can appear that time is continuous (verses all time is simultaneous) and that cause and effect are
   legitimate.

- The nature of an "idea", comes close to expressing "reality".

- As most children grow older, they develop more and more of a reliance upon their outer senses. As this reliance develops and grows,
  they gradually lose their earlier habit of relying upon their inner senses.

- An intense immersion into an activity can result in a momentary loss of ego identity. In such cases however, your identity is not really lost.
  During such situations, while you may seem to forget yourself, the props of identity are lost.

- While in this state, the personality is free from the limitations of a closed system concept. 

- An intense immersion into an activity, is similar to contemplation, which can often lead to valid psychic experience.

In the spoiler below, I've documented a good portion of this session (it's rather long) which includes Seth's discussion on the topics just mentioned.

Sorry but you must log in to view spoiler contents.

-jbseth

Like Like x 1 View List

T.M.

Hi All,

Hi Jbseth,

Thank you for this session!  I'm slowly building my library of TES books. In some ways I'm starting to think there's more in them than the classical earlier ones. If I don't have TES 2, its definitely the next one I'm getting!

usmaak

I read the sample of the first one on Amazon today.  I have decided that I am going to buy them all, over time, for my Kindle.  They seem like a goldmine of "new" information of which I was completely unaware until a few days ago.  I am grateful to this forum.  I never would have known about them without it!

I recently started rereading all of the Seth stuff.  I am reading The Seth Material for the first time.  Seeing as the ninth early sessions book ends with session 510 and Seth Speaks starts with session 511, I am going to read all of the early sessions material first, and then continue on to Seth Speaks.  It's a change in plans that I'm excited about!  :)
Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

Quote from: jbseth
Concentrate upon the goal rather than the means of attaining it, and you will attain it.

The results when they are received will appear spontaneous.

jbseth, thanks for drawing our attention to this important session.

jbseth

Hi usmaak, Hi All,

I really like Jane's book, "The Seth Material", the TES1-9 book series and the book, "Sleep, Dreams and Projections of Consciousness."

All three of these cover the material in the first 509 sessions or so. The TES books seem to cover the sessions themselves in more detail, but The Seth Material book, give us much more insight into what Jane and Rob were thinking and doing and how they reacted to some of these sessions.

Then again, in addition to this, the "Sleep, Dreams, ... " book give us some information on Jane's "Idea Construction" event and what she actually wrote here, which was pretty much not covered anywhere else. In addition to this, it also gives us some insights to Jane's various Dreams, her dream log and their Dream experiments, that I also don't believe were covered in any other books. Jane recorded something like 500 dreams that she analyzed to better understand how dreams related to her life experiences.

They all seem to have their very on unique value.

-jbseth

jbseth

Quote from: T.M.
Thank you for this session!  I'm slowly building my library of TES books. In some ways I'm starting to think there's more in them than the classical earlier ones. If I don't have TES 2, its definitely the next one I'm getting!

Hi T.M., Hi All,

Yeah, when I first heard about the TES books, I wasn't really sure that I would fine and real value in them. I really didn't have any idea what sort of information they would contain.

After having bought and read then, I can definitely say that there's a real wealth of information contained in them and I'm really glad that I bought them.

-jbseth

Like Like x 1 View List

usmaak

Hi usmaak, Hi All,

I really like Jane's book, "The Seth Material", the TES1-9 book series and the book, "Sleep, Dreams and Projections of Consciousness."

All three of these cover the material in the first 509 sessions or so. The TES books seem to cover the sessions themselves in more detail, but The Seth Material book, give us much more insight into what Jane and Rob were thinking and doing and how they reacted to some of these sessions.

Then again, in addition to this, the "Sleep, Dreams, ... " book give us some information on Jane's "Idea Construction" event and what she actually wrote here, which was pretty much not covered anywhere else. In addition to this, it also gives us some insights to Jane's various Dreams, her dream log and their Dream experiments, that I also don't believe were covered in any other books. Jane recorded something like 500 dreams that she analyzed to better understand how dreams related to her life experiences.

They all seem to have their very on unique value.

-jbseth
According to Seth (or Frank Watts), the Idea Construction material was supposed to be published.  If I'm not mistaken, that didn't happen.

("Jane is writing a book on her theory of the world as idea construction. Do you know about this?")
Yes.
("What is your opinion of it?")
Good.
(Gratis)
Will publish.
("The book will be published? Who will publish it?")
Ha.
(Here there was a pause, which we misinterpreted as being the end of the answer.
(Gratis)
Harcot Brace.
("In what year will the book be published?")
("And this will take until 1966 to accomplish?")
3 Volums.
("Frank Watts, is Jane receiving your thoughts now, besides your answers as you spell them out on the board?")
Yes.
(Jane had remarked that several times during the session, she appeared to know what the answer to my questions would be, before the board spelled them out.
("Will the book on idea construction be successful?")
Yes.
("How many people will read it?")
("Any more than that?")
Who knows.

Jane Roberts; Robert Butts; Seth. The Early Sessions: Book 1 of The Seth Material (Kindle Locations 430-447). New Awareness Network, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

The first Seth book I ever read was Sleep, Dreams and Projections of Consciousness.  It was on the shelf in a bookstore and I felt drawn to it. 

jbseth

Quote from: usmaak
According to Seth (or Frank Watts), the Idea Construction material was supposed to be published.  If I'm not mistaken, that didn't happen.

Hi usmaak, Hi All,

That is my understanding as well.

However, there are about 8 or so pages of this material located in the first chapter of the book, "Sleep, Dreams and Projections of Consciousness".

I don' know whether it (Idea Construction) ever will be published.

-jbseth

usmaak

Maybe in an alternate 1966? ;)

Deb

I'm working on it, believe me. I can't go into details in a public post, but I could probably start a new topic on the SRP board.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Thanks for replying.

I thought that maybe you might be, but I didn't want to say anything one way or the other because I know how sometimes, plans can change significantly on a moments notice.

-jbseth

Deb

I know how sometimes, plans can change significantly on a moments notice.

Yep, you've got that right. It's been in the works for a couple of years, but so complicated I don't know how much I can safely share. Less is more, I guess. For now.

leidl

The structure of reality, including all physical phenomena, is composed of mental energy, expanding in terms of psychological value fulfillment. In this sort of reality there can be no closed systems.

Mental energy, indeed, is an attribute of personality; but personality survives the physical frame as it existed before the physical frame, and indeed created the physical frame. You can see therefore how unimaginative and basically unworkable the idea of a closed system is.

jbseth, thank you for sharing this session; many interesting ideas are presented here!  Above Seth seems to be saying that reality, which is constructed of mental energy, expands as our own psyches expand in their creation of value fulfillment.  That's such a beautiful image.  Reality actually expands to accommodate our biggest and brightest ideas.

The second paragraph feels as though it qualifies the first one to some degree.  If mental energy is an attribute of personality, presumably some of us have less or more of it than others.  If there are no closed systems, why would this be so?  I feel as though boundless energy should be available to me, if there are no closed systems.  Perhaps it is only my beliefs about my energy level that keep me from experiencing boundless energy, but I'm not sure precisely what Seth means by "mental energy is an attribute of personality."  Maybe he's talking about us each having a unique energy tone/signature, for example, rather than that we each have a certain amount of energy.

An idea, that cannot be scientifically observed in any of your laboratories, definitely exists. An idea is hardly a closed system, but the reality of an idea, its growth and potential, comes much closer to a description of the characteristics of the universe than any current theory.

I love this.  Ideas too are open systems; a sort of expanding universe in their own right.  Makes you want to go out think some big thoughts, doesn't it?

jbseth

Quote from: leidl
The second paragraph feels as though it qualifies the first one to some degree.  If mental energy is an attribute of personality, presumably some of us have less or more of it than others.  If there are no closed systems, why would this be so?

Hi leidl, Hi All,

I have what I "think" may be the answer to this, but I don't know that this is what Seth actually means or would say if we were able to ask him to explain what he means here.

Seth tells us that he's an "entity". He also identifies himself as an "energy essence personality".  Notice that he's using the word "personality" here to describe himself.

In other areas across the vast Seth information, he talks about our (psychological) growth.  When he talks about this, he seems to indicate that right now, our identity seems to consist of a human body and an ego consciousness. Eventually as we grow, we can grow and develop and become an "inner self". This inner self creates the body and the physical objects of the world that we experience. Eventually this inner self can grow and develop and become an "entity" like Seth. The entity consists of many humans who are experiencing their reincarnational lives.

While I'm not sure that Seth specifically says this anywhere, this seems to imply that maybe we can keep growing, perhaps we can grow into a Seth 2 type of "personality" and on and on, all the way up to All That Is.

Just like in the closed systems idea, Seth also tells us that the boundaries that separate the various levels of the self are also imaginary even though they do seem to exist.

Right now, I think of myself as a human being with a human body with an ego consciousness. This is how I see myself and this is how I identify myself right now. I think that this "identity" at that I have of myself, is this "personality" that Seth's talking about.  That is, right now, I don't identify myself as being either an "inner self" or an "entity". I don't recognize myself as being either one of those things.

I think that the amount of mental energy that we have, is related to specific kind of self that we identify with. The mental energy that's available to the human that identifies itself as having a human body and an ego consciousness, is less than that of a personality who identifies itself as an "inner self", which is less than that of a personality like Seth who identifies itself as an "entity".

This, I think, is what Seth was trying to say here.

- jbseth

leidl

jbseth, I appreciate your reply!

I just typed out a long response to you, and then realized I was misinterpreting your post.  It sounded to me like you were saying that right now we are a body with an ego, and after some growing we will become entities, etc.

But what you're really saying is that we are all of those things right now.  But because we don't believe that we are, because we have not realized our true natures as multi-dimensional beings, we do not have the boundless energy that I'd like to have.  We see ourselves as separate from All That Is, and that belief shuts us off from that energy.

Okay, fair enough.  I buy that explanation, and thank you for it!  At least I mostly buy it.  I feel like over the years my perspective has changed quite a bit, and I've made significant progress on recognizing my true nature.  Many things that used to cause me anxiety no longer do.  Some days death just intrigues me, and I feel curious and open to the experience. 

But I still love an afternoon nap, and usually need one.  I am still not running a 4 minute mile, or even an 11 minute mile, for that matter.  :)  Sometimes I'll be feeling excellent, and a single thought, just a little, innocuous thought like "Wow, this car of mine needs a bath!" results in my being completely drained of energy.  Perhaps this is an opportunity to scrutinize my thought life to a new level, and see how each and every thought effects the way I feel.  And sometimes, hidden root assumptions may cause seemingly innocuous thoughts to be more malignant than they appear.  If, for example, the thought about my dirty car is tied to another unhelpful belief, it could be the hidden belief that is draining me. 

Okay, I've got this.  Thank you.  :)