What are we??

Started by usmaak, May 22, 2021, 06:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usmaak

I saw this and it made me think of this forum.  It kind of mirrors some of the conversations going on here lately. ;D

Like Like x 2 Love it! Love it! x 1 Funny Funny x 3 View List

Deb

Boy is that ever the truth. But 3 am is my witching hour. It's brutal.  ;D
Funny Funny x 1 View List

leidl

Quote from: Deb
But 3 am is my witching hour.

Yeah, the time isn't quite right.  But I do sleep in my crown.
Like Like x 2 Cool Cool x 1 Funny Funny x 2 View List

Deb

Tiara. It's a tiara.  ;D
Like Like x 1 Funny Funny x 3 View List

usmaak

Mine is whenever I get up to run to the bathroom.  It's a dark time for me.  Not just because it's night but because of all of the catastrophic thoughts that I get.  It's no wonder that I suck at sleeping.
Like Like x 4 Funny Funny x 1 View List

Deb

Quote from: usmaak
It's no wonder that I suck at sleeping.

Welcome to the club. It's ATI (or Seth?) telling us we need to adapt to his sleep schedule. As if that's practical in this reality.

Like Like x 3 View List

usmaak

It's no wonder that I suck at sleeping.

Welcome to the club. It's ATI (or Seth?) telling us we need to adapt to his sleep schedule. As if that's practical in this reality.

I remember the stuff about his sleep schedule and as intriguing as it sounds, I have a job that requires me to work 8 - 10 hour days on a set schedule.  I believe that Seth's sleep schedule would be known as a "firing offense" in my work world. ;D
Like Like x 2 Funny Funny x 2 View List

Kyle

Mine is whenever I get up to run to the bathroom.  It's a dark time for me.  Not just because it's night but because of all of the catastrophic thoughts that I get.  It's no wonder that I suck at sleeping.

There was a time when I had that problem, middle of the night, can't sleep or take a pill. I found that cannabis tincture under the tongue put me right back to sleep, and I'd wake up without a hangover. Of course, that doesn't work for everyone. But it sure improved my quality of life.
Like Like x 4 View List

usmaak

Quote from: KylePierce

There was a time when I had that problem, middle of the night, can't sleep or take a pill. I found that cannabis tincture under the tongue put me right back to sleep, and I'd wake up without a hangover. Of course, that doesn't work for everyone. But it sure improved my quality of life.

Doesn't work for everyone and it's available for everyone yet. ;D
Like Like x 2 Cool Cool x 1 Funny Funny x 2 View List

Sena

Kyle, the one time I tried smoking cannabis, it gave me insomnia, but the tincture might be different.

"In 2017, a study 'Cannabis, Cannabinoids, and Sleep: a Review of the Literature' by Kimberly A Babson, James Sottile, and Danielle Morabito, showed that there are therapeutic effects associated with using medical cannabis to treat insomnia.

In particular, CBD is believed to help those suffering from interrupted REM sleep cycles and excessive daytime sleepiness."

https://themedicalcannabisclinics.com/conditions/psychiatric-treatment/insomnia/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwna2FBhDPARIsACAEc_V4MZ_yHVqQQmyQ1C6rGqvZq-Wk8EeLYyO8yDJjJQVWDqR3DDmfeuYaAoCmEALw_wcB

"CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is the second most prevalent of the active ingredients of cannabis (marijuana). While CBD is an essential component of medical marijuana, it is derived directly from the hemp plant, which is a cousin of the marijuana plant.

CBD is commonly used to address anxiety, and for patients who suffer through the misery of insomnia, studies suggest that CBD may help with both falling asleep and staying asleep."

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cannabidiol-cbd-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-2018082414476
Like Like x 1 View List

usmaak

Quote from: Sena
"CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is the second most prevalent of the active ingredients of cannabis (marijuana). While CBD is an essential component of medical marijuana, it is derived directly from the hemp plant, which is a cousin of the marijuana plant.

CBD is commonly used to address anxiety, and for patients who suffer through the misery of insomnia, studies suggest that CBD may help with both falling asleep and staying asleep."
From my experience, it had the opposite effect.  I suppose that it could depend on the brand, but for me it was completely useless.  I started taking it for pain and it was useless there as well.  It might as well have been just coconut oil.

Again, only my experience.
Like Like x 1 Funny Funny x 1 View List

Sena

From my experience, it had the opposite effect.  I suppose that it could depend on the brand, but for me it was completely useless.
May I ask what dose you took? What I read is that 160 mg. of CBD is needed to help with sleep. The problem is that that dose may have side effects.

LarryH

From my experience, it had the opposite effect.  I suppose that it could depend on the brand, but for me it was completely useless.  I started taking it for pain and it was useless there as well.  It might as well have been just coconut oil.
I have heard that the quality and purity of different CBD brands can differ widely, including even being devoid of CBD. Another possibility is that it might be similar to how caffeine varies in its effect on different people: for most, caffeine boosts mental alertness, whereas for people with ADHD, it can act as a sedative.
Like Like x 3 View List

Deb

Of course, that doesn't work for everyone. But it sure improved my quality of life.

A couple of years ago I was having major problems with back pain. My chiropractor was making it worse, as he was doing some adjustments to loosen up the spine and my body was adjusting to the changes. I was getting massages because of the pain, and my therapist said she was getting great results for her clients by them using CBD. I've known her for years, trust her to tell the truth, so bought some from her. It was not cheap, and I don't recall the dosage. I didn't have any pain relief from it, and I think it was actually causing some feelings of anxiety.

CBD is everywhere these days, and yes, it's hard to know if it's pure or if the products even have any CBD in them.

Like Like x 1 View List

usmaak

Of course, that doesn't work for everyone. But it sure improved my quality of life.

A couple of years ago I was having major problems with back pain. My chiropractor was making it worse, as he was doing some adjustments to loosen up the spine and my body was adjusting to the changes. I was getting massages because of the pain, and my therapist said she was getting great results for her clients by them using CBD. I've known her for years, trust her to tell the truth, so bought some from her. It was not cheap, and I don't recall the dosage. I didn't have any pain relief from it, and I think it was actually causing some feelings of anxiety.

CBD is everywhere these days, and yes, it's hard to know if it's pure or if the products even have any CBD in them.

When bought online, CBD can have some THC below the legal limit in it and some who are sensitive to THC can get anxiety from it.  Especially those who don't regularly use cannabis products.  The reason I stopped taking CBD is because it was altering my mood in a negative way.  I was short and snappish with those that I talked with.  It made me feel crappy inside.

It's not for everyone and I'm always happy to hear the stories from people who have success with it.  If buying online, make sure to buy from a place that provides an analysis of the product to show that it has actual active ingredients in it.  And chances are some bottle of CBD that you see in 7-11 while paying for gas is garbage. ;D
Like Like x 3 View List

usmaak

From my experience, it had the opposite effect.  I suppose that it could depend on the brand, but for me it was completely useless.
May I ask what dose you took? What I read is that 160 mg. of CBD is needed to help with sleep. The problem is that that dose may have side effects.
I don't recall exactly, but nowhere near 160mg.  The real stuff is expensive and at 160mg per dose, it might as well be liquid gold. ;D
Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

I don't recall exactly, but nowhere near 160mg.  The real stuff is expensive and at 160mg per dose, it might as well be liquid gold. ;D
usmaak, yes, if CBD had been cheaper I might have tried it, but I can't afford to pay the current price.

strangerthings

"what the hay was that I just dreamed"
(searching online) "dreaming of *******) (looking to see if im really weird or just a little weird)

strangerthings

Quote from: Sena on May 24, 2021, 02:44:30 AM
Quote from: DebBoy is that ever the truth. But 3 am is my witching hour. It's brutal.  ;D

Kyle, the one time I tried smoking cannabis, it gave me insomnia, but the tincture might be different.

"In 2017, a study 'Cannabis, Cannabinoids, and Sleep: a Review of the Literature' by Kimberly A Babson, James Sottile, and Danielle Morabito, showed that there are therapeutic effects associated with using medical cannabis to treat insomnia.

In particular, CBD is believed to help those suffering from interrupted REM sleep cycles and excessive daytime sleepiness."

https://themedicalcannabisclinics.com/conditions/psychiatric-treatment/insomnia/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwna2FBhDPARIsACAEc_V4MZ_yHVqQQmyQ1C6rGqvZq-Wk8EeLYyO8yDJjJQVWDqR3DDmfeuYaAoCmEALw_wcB

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cannabidiol-cbd-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-2018082414476

Prime My Body

teehee

My good friend sells it - all organic etc best stuff out
Like Like x 1 View List

strangerthings

Just use the real stuff geez lol

teehee
Funny Funny x 1 View List