SoS software upgrade September 19

Started by Deb, September 19, 2021, 11:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangerthings

woohoo tysm for all the other things you have done!

btw it happens on my mobile with brave and safari
and desktop with brave and firefox

just a FYI

Deb

October 02, 2021, 10:35:18 AM #51 Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 03:24:51 PM by Deb
Quote from: Kindred on October 01, 2021, 07:16:44 PMUpdate is completed....    not sure if it will affect your "stay in thread" issues, @strangerthings because I can't recreate the problem myself and haven't seen any other reports of that happening -- but the update should help some of the other things, including the quote bug.

Awesome Kindred, thank you so much! I can now highlight text forwards, backwards and by triple click and it works! Save as Draft and Modify no longer remove quote links.

I have had some new weirdness crop up over night, should I just add these to my list of things to be submitted to SMF support now that the quotes are working?

1. Got two error messages from last night:
Guest  https://speakingofseth.com/cron.php
blahblah/Sources/tasks/CreatePost-Notify.php (Line 227)
8: Undefined index: modify_time

2. For the first time in a long time, last night I got an email notification that I was mentioned in a post. As far as I can tell, @mention members were not receiving notifications of mentions. When I click on the link in the email, it goes to the post and the post background is yellow until I exit the topic and re-enter through the forum rather than the email link. That's new, is that intentional? UPDATE: I just Modified this post and after clicking Save, the background of the post is yellow.

3. I also received an email that I had a new PM. I clicked on the link in the email, the PM message is yellow. Looking thru my old PMs, I see that one random message from each thread is yellow. Attaching a screen capture of a PM thread. It's small so the text can't be read, but you can see several messages. It appears to be the most recent message from the person I'm messaging with. Intentional?

4. This is a fun one! I received 5 emails that replies have been posted in 3 different topics. All the messages say "In a topic you are watching, a reply has been posted by Deb." The replies were actually made by Sena and strangerthings, not me.

Thanks again for fixing the quotes! This weekend I'll check my "SMF wish list" and see if anything on it has also been fixed with this latest update.

Kindred

I expect that the yellow is intentional, I'll look into the others
Like Like x 1 View List

strangerthings

October 06, 2021, 05:40:16 PM #53 Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 05:43:15 PM by strangerthings
Test

Edited to add YAY I stayed in thread!

But oddly enough when that option is not checked if you edit post you stay in thread but for original post you retun to topics of a category or what ever it is they are called (i forgot)

And "Stay in thread after posting" is a much better worded checkbox option LOL

;D
Like Like x 1 View List

LarryH

Today, I have twice gotten emails stating: "In a topic you are watching, a reply has been posted by LarryH." I had posted once in the "Influential people who take Seth seriously" thread. There have been three replies since I posted, but I only received two emails, both identifying me as the replying poster.

Another thing that I have noticed randomly is that sometimes there is no scroll bar on the right side of a thread, which requires a longer process to get to the latest posts (either holding the down arrow key or using the middle mouse scroll wheel rather than just rapidly dragging the scroll bar down).
Like Like x 1 View List

Kindred

I will try to apply the most recent updates this weekend to see if it might be fixed, as indicated in github...

But this is my birthday weekend,  so I may not get to it til Sunday night 
;)
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Deb

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you...  ;D

No rush, do it when you can. Not a big priority for us, we are chugging along fine despite the little glitches. Thank you, "The Nicest One." Lol.

PS Just got a barrage of new error messages. I'll save that for another time. We are here to serve.