Is there a way to have personal contact with Seth?

Started by Lee Anne, January 24, 2022, 09:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Anne

I have only read one and a half of the Seth books so far, so forgive me if this is very obviously mentioned in one of the books. I know that Seth said he would never be channeled through another person like he was through Jane, to protect the integrity of his material. But I recall that he once mentioned, I think during ESP class, that he may visit members of the class through dreams.

Did he ever mention whether or not other people like us (who weren't in Jane's ESP class) could have direct contact with him? Perhaps through dreams? Or "after" death?

Thanks in advance.

Sena

Quote from: Lee Anne on January 24, 2022, 09:55:34 PMBut I recall that he once mentioned, I think during ESP class, that he may visit members of the class through dreams.
Lee Anne, welcome to the forum. I imagine that I saw someone like Seth in a dream once, but he did not say anything, so I can't be sure.
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Deb

Hi Lee Anne, welcome to the forum!

Quote from: Lee Anne on January 24, 2022, 09:55:34 PMBut I recall that he once mentioned, I think during ESP class, that he may visit members of the class through dreams.

I do recall him talking with class students about the work he was doing with them during their dream state. I don't recall whether or not Seth said he would communicate with others through dreams or after death. I've read all of the basic books, still need to go through all the class, early and personal sessions. So it could be in there somewhere.

Seth said he would not communicate (be channeled) again in our physical universe as the "same Seth" that we know and love. To me, that leaves a window open to communication with a different offshoot of his entity or at least communication with us in our dream state. There have always been Speakers, and Seth talks about them communicating with people exclusively in the dream state in the beginning (Seth Speaks). Seth said he has always been a Speaker.

There are some people that swear they have had contact with Seth (or Jane or Rob) while dreaming. Are they full of bologna, or instead making their own reality?

This is the kind of stuff that tells me a window will always be open:

"We are Seth, and whenever we have spoken we have been known as Seth. The entity had its beginning before the emergence of your time.

"It was instrumental, with many other entities, in the early formation of energy into physical form. We are not alone in this endeavor, for through your centuries other entities like us have also appeared and spoken."

- - -

"Seth as you know him will not be reincarnated, but other portions of our entity will be born in flesh, for we have a part in all worlds and all realities. We are among the most ancient of entities in your terms."

—TES8 Session 419 June 26, 1968

I'm not even going to get into what probable realities, simultaneous time, no closed systems and how we are all connected would mean regarding this topic, lol. :)
Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 2 Cool Cool x 1 View List

Lee Anne

Thank you both for your replies. I don't really have anything in particular to say to Seth. After finishing the first book (The Eternal Validity of the Soul) I felt a little saddened that there's a finite amount of Seth material, so the end of the books feels almost like saying goodbye to a friend. (Even though I suspect it will take me a lifetime -or more- to fully wrap my head around it all.)

As for members being contacted through dreams that makes me recall that Seth said sometimes "after death" or in dreams, we're contacted by entities "pretending" to be loved ones or friends, for our sake. Who knows? And to some degree, I wonder, "does it matter?" If the entity in disguise can help us discover more about reality and ourselves, then I suppose it wouldn't matter who truly was behind it all.
Like Like x 3 View List

Deb

Quote from: Lee Anne on January 25, 2022, 07:41:22 PMAfter finishing the first book (The Eternal Validity of the Soul) I felt a little saddened that there's a finite amount of Seth material, so the end of the books feels almost like saying goodbye to a friend. (Even though I suspect it will take me a lifetime -or more- to fully wrap my head around it all.)

Lee Anne, there really isn't a finite amount of material! I remember reading the first few books and then finding out there were enough published materials to last the rest of my life. That made me very happy! Beyond the original mainstream books, there are nine volumes of the Early Sessions, seven volumes of the Personal (deleted sessions), and four volumes of the early (ESP) class sessions. Rick Stack is currently working on publishing more early class sessions—maybe 3 or so more books. I also was gifted with materials from Mary Dillman's Seth Research Project, and there are still many unpublished sessions, Jane's autobiography and more.

And I have to add that I've revisited some of the early books a couple of times and ALWAYS get more out of them than I did the first time around. I'd also recommend Rick Stack's Seth Intensive course, I've done it twice.

So, don't be sad, there are really no goodbyes!
Love it! Love it! x 3 View List

Lee Anne

@Deb, that does bring me comfort. Thank you.

As for Rick Stack's course - I am guessing you did it online? Or did you meet him in person?

And on the topic of reading material... would you happen to know where I could get or buy a copy of Jane's "The Physical Universe as Idea Construction?"

Deb

Quote from: Lee Anne on January 27, 2022, 07:39:28 PMAs for Rick Stack's course - I am guessing you did it online? Or did you meet him in person?

Yes to online. I'm in Colorado, Rick is in New York, so I've not been able to attend any of his in-person classes. Which were suspended to to covid anyway.

Jane's Idea Construction paper is not in print.

Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Tob

Quote from: Deb on January 27, 2022, 08:34:26 PM
Quote from: Lee Anne on January 27, 2022, 07:39:28 PMAs for Rick Stack's course - I am guessing you did it online? Or did you meet him in person?

Jane's Idea Construction paper is not in print.

The Physical Universe As Idea Construction
excerpt from manuscript by Jane Roberts in Dreams and Projection of Consciousness
Worldwide Philosophy Class # 8 page
 of 2 Z. P. Charnoe, P.O. Box 7, Elliot Lake, ON P5A 2J6 ecohealth@sympatico.ca

Energy is the basis of the universe.

Ideas are mental transformations of energy by an entity into physical reality.

Idea constructions are transformations of ideas into physical reality.

Space is where our own idea constructions do not exist in the physical universe.

The physical body is the material construction of the entity's idea of itself under the properties of matter.

The individual is the part of the entity or whole self of which we are conscious in daily life. It is that part of the whole self which we are able to express or make "real" through our idea constructions on a physical level.

The subconscious is the threshold of an idea's emergence into the individual conscious mind. It connects the entity and the individual.

Personality is the individual's overall responses to ideas received and constructed. It represents the emotional coloration of the individual's ideas and constructions at any given "time".

Emotions are the driving force that propel ideas into constructions.

Instinct is the minimum ability for idea constructions necessary for physical survival.

Learning is the potential for constructing new idea complexes from existing ideas.

Idea complexes are groups of ideas formed together like building blocks to form more complicated constructions in physical reality
---------------------------------

(retrievable here: https://de.scribd.com/doc/103765388/Physical-Universe-as-Idea-Construction; there is a second page. Someone interested may decide to become member and download the second page. It looks that Jane Roberts formulated a whole book around her initial concept paper - i.e: the 'idea construction': "Roberts, J.: Dreams and Projection of Consciousness", downloadable here (together with 39 other Seth and Roberts books): https://fr1lib.org/book/17106617/f4e345

It is clear that her usage of terms differs or may differ from the Seth books. One should keep that in mind.

Deb

Just a reminder that the above is an excerpt of the manuscript. The original handwritten version is 144 pages, and Jane's first typed version of the handwritten one is 117 pages.

If you're on Facebook, you could message Laurel Davies and ask if she has a photocopy to sell. A few months ago she was selling photocopies of a few interesting things and Idea Construction was one of them.

Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Sena

Quote from: Tob on January 28, 2022, 03:23:36 PMSomeone interested may decide to become member and download the second page. It looks that Jane Roberts formulated a whole book around her initial concept paper - i.e: the 'idea construction': "Roberts, J.: Dreams and Projection of Consciousness", downloadable here (together with 39 other Seth and Roberts books): https://fr1lib.org/book/17106617/f4e345
Tob, thanks for the link.

One of the chapters deals with "Excerpts from "The Physical Universe
as Idea Construction" My First Glimpse into the Interior Universe."

strangerthings

I have been in Jane's classes in the dream state.

There really is a training center  :)
Wow! Wow! x 1 View List

strangerthings

Quote from: Lee Anne on January 27, 2022, 07:39:28 PM@Deb, that does bring me comfort. Thank you.

As for Rick Stack's course - I am guessing you did it online? Or did you meet him in person?

Sethcenter.com

I highly recomnend the intensive and lucid dreaming courses. When you are done you can join the ongoing classes.

The NY classes are now merged with the ongoing classes bc of covid.
Like Like x 3 View List

Lee Anne

Like Like x 1 View List

chasman

st and Lee Anne,

anyone can join anytime now.
you do not have to take any courses to be able to join.

strangerthings

Quote from: chasman on January 31, 2022, 11:01:17 PMst and Lee Anne,

anyone can join anytime now.
you do not have to take any courses to be able to join.

Unfortunately yes
I dont advise it though
They ask questions that can be helped in the courses and it holds the class back
When it first happened there were people taking the ongoing who never read a Seth book when everyone else already took the course

I mean I get it but.... maybe Im just too "academic" in that way lol

Everyone starts somewhere I get it
Like Like x 3 View List

chasman

Like Like x 1 View List