Consciousness Units and Electromagnetic Energy Units -- What are they?

Started by Caleb Murdock, November 22, 2021, 08:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb Murdock

It has been a few years since I have read the Seth books.  As I've been saying, I packed them away the last time I moved and never unpacked them.  I intend to start reading them again.  After reading most of them, I came away with a convenient narrative which I have been telling people, but I am not at all sure whether it reflects what Seth actually said.  My narrative goes like this:

God and the universe (which are the same thing) are composed of an elemental form of living energy.  This energy has certain characteristics:  It is particulate in nature (meaning that it exists in the form of individual bits or particles, as opposed to waves); each particle is unique; each particle has consciousness; each particle is constantly in motion; and each particle has within it a wont or desire to materialize itself within a larger psychic structure, be that an object, a mind, a thought, an event, etc.  It seems that by materializing itself as part of a higher structure, the existence of the particle itself is enhanced -- sort the way a person can join an organization and take on the purpose of the organization, and thereby be enhanced by that experience.

Because I am talking about "particles" doesn't mean that I am talking about physical matter.  All kinds of energy come in the form of particles.  Photons, for example, are particles, as well as various types of radiation.  However, Seth once said that these particles do form physical matter.  In one session, Seth said that it takes millions of these particles to form one atom.  (He didn't say if he was thinking of a particle of hydrogen or lead, which have very different sized nuclei.)

I also remember Seth saying that these particles could combine into groups of three, and in so doing form physical matter.

Was Seth talking about Consciousness Units, or Electromagnetic Energy Units?  I don't remember.

I have found articles about these various units on the internet, and they don't sound like what I remember him describing in the books.  This area of the Seth material has always confused me.

I wonder if Barrie might have the answers.

Right on this web site, I found this post, which looks very promising:

https://speakingofseth.com/index.php/topic,2340.0.html

To see what Seth said, you have to click on the plus symbols.  I'm going to read through that post and then return to this one later, hopefully with a better understanding of these units.

Sena

Quote from: Caleb Murdock on November 22, 2021, 08:51:33 PMRight on this web site, I found this post, which looks very promising:

https://speakingofseth.com/index.php/topic,2340.0.html
Caleb, thanks for drawing our attention to that thread. I would like to re-post an extract from Seth Speaks, in which Seth spoke of the role of the physical brain in the formation of EE units:

"The invisible EE units form your physical matter and represent the essential and basic units from which any physical particle appears. (9:52.) It will not be physically perceived. You see only its results. Since consciousness can travel faster than the speed of light, then when it is not imprisoned by the slower particles of the body it can become aware of some of these other realities. Without training, however, it will not know how to interpret what it sees. The physical brain is the mechanism by which thought or emotion is automatically formed into EE units of the proper range and intensity to be used by the physical organism." (from "Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul (A Seth Book)" by Jane Roberts)

https://amzn.eu/3H6XIIc

Former member jbseth questioned whether this was genuinely Seth's teaching:

QuotePrior to Seth stating the quote that you mentioned above, he does appear to indicate that various parts of our consciousness would use the EE units to create and build the human body. However, he doesn't seem to indicate that the human body itself, or any part of it, would be involved in the formation of EE units.

As a result of this, I wasn't quite sure what to make of this statement by Seth. Was this really true? Did Seth really mean this? Was it a typo or perhaps a distortion? Since I wasn't really sure, I decided to look into other areas of the Seth information where he talks about similar concepts.

Caleb Murdock

I also remember that Seth said that every time there is an action of any kind, more of the living particles (that I spoke about above) are created by simple division.  That doesn't seem to be consistent with what you just posted -- that EEUs are made by the mind.

Before I post again, I'm going to read that other thread -- when I'm not so tired.