WOW! *NEW SETH SEARCH ENGINE!*

Started by Deb, February 24, 2022, 04:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Just saw this on Facebook from Chris Galpin, the creator of findingseth.com. Apparently he's been working on improvements to the database, and has released this new one. List of improvements from Chris:

Quote from: Chris GalpinHello group. 😊 I have a little treat for you: https://nowdictation.com/ Search engine version 2.
Old one will remain live until this one has been tested for a while.

Here's a tiny list of improvements:
* full source formatting: underlined text!!!
* colored term highlighting
* proper noun capitalization in key-terms
* click key-term again to do a global search
* dark theme if your PC or phone is set to use dark themes
* session range search e.g. session:[300 to 350]
* three types of beautiful link previews for Facebook & elsewhere
* added books TSM & SDPC

This little upgrade took 410 hours. The code was old and stale, adding features "on top" would have only compounded issues—it needed a maintenance update. Then adding features was pleasant and easy.

Also there is a second announcement... but I will wait a day or two. 😉
Love it! Love it! x 6 Cool Cool x 1 View List

Sena

Quote from: Deb on February 24, 2022, 04:53:53 PMI have a little treat for you: https://nowdictation.com/ Search engine version 2.

Thanks Deb, this is great. I searched findingseth for "universal consciousness":

https://findingseth.com/q/universal+consciousness/

And the new search engine:

https://nowdictation.com/q/universal+consciousness/

The most obvious difference is the color highlighting in the new engine.

The new engine found the important Session 453, which was missed by the old engine:

"Any consciousness is therefore innately aware of its basic identity. The inner self knows what is behind the stars and planets that the eyes views, but the ego would be swept aside in panic. This system spoken of earlier, the sun and original 9 planets, in your terms, have long ago passed into and formed other universal systems. The whole cosmic structure however was the materialization of one original thought, for the thought, the real reality, must always exist before the representation of it.

[... 3 paragraphs ...]

The subjective reality of one man, left alone in the universe, would emit enough energy to seed another. That sentence is not distorted."

—TES9 Session 453 December 4, 1968

Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

strangerthings

This is awesome good news!

Thanks for sharing Deb!  :)
Like Like x 1 View List

steff74

I'd love to use an offline version of this search engine. But I doubt that this is possible technically.

strangerthings

Quote from: steff74 on March 29, 2023, 06:33:53 PMI'd love to use an offline version of this search engine. But I doubt that this is possible technically.

Sure there is.
You would need all of the books in digital format, and all you need is a search engine. Tweeked to your standards. All linked on your hard drive instead of a website and online database.

All your digital books would have to be searchable.

I wish I had one myself. But mine would include all cd's too.
Like Like x 1 View List

Deb

I do have most if not all books in digital format. While I can search that directory for specific words or phrases, it will only tell me which books to look in—not as efficient as the online Seth search engine. Some day I'll get that master db together...

strangerthings

Yes, @Deb, "if this then that" will be required.  ;D
Like Like x 1 View List

steff74

Is it possible to download an offline version of the Seth Search Engine? Maybe in some database or CHM-Format? I'm not always online when reading a Seth book (for example when traveling), but I often want to research specific topics. It's way more easier to look in the Search Engine than searching in my ebooks.

I also ask because I don't just want to use a software for saving complete websites without your permission. I don't know if it would work with this database, and it seems that those 'Webcrawlers' or 'Webspiders' could cause a rather high amount of traffic that stresses the server.

Deb

Hi @steff74, I don't think there's a way to download an offline version of the search engine. The guy who created it is a coder. He put a lot of time and work into making it perfect, not sure he'd be willing to do that but you can ask him. His name is Christopher Galpin and he runs the Fans of the Seth Material group on Facebook. If you are on Facebook, you could message him or even pose the question to the group.

steff74

Thanks for the reply, Deb. I'm not on Facebook. But I did some research and I don't think that the Seth search engine can be downloaded functional. Idea discarded! ;-)         

strangerthings

Do the searches on our computers search text in a file?

Get a digital version of all the books.

Pdf files. I like NITRO a lot!
Or whatever editor for pdf files you like ....as long as it provides a function of making each pdf file searchable.  (Like uploading court files lol)

Then you can search your directory for terms.

Thats about as good as it gets unless you program an access and excel or online code with mysql etc ...

;D

Like Like x 1 View List

Deb

That works. I downloaded all the PDFs I could before the site was shut down for good. My Mac has a decent search engine, it's remembering the correct words to search on that's a problem. My mind tends to paraphrase.  ::)