Natural Healing

Started by s1nbad, December 26, 2021, 09:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s1nbad

Good day. I have a cavity filling tomorrow, and I feel repulsed by the idea of going. I may just not, though I'm aware of Seth's caution that we should keep going to doctors if we believe in them. However I find myself truly believing in my body's natural healing abilities, and disbelieving in doctors. I wrote up a paragraph on the matter, now I'm feeling a bit less pissed off :)

Seth has said many times that our beliefs create our realities. Therefore if you are sick, it is because you believe that you are sick (or you have conflicting beliefs, and their conflict manifests as illness). Humans' scientific blend of rationality would say that some event in physical reality, such as a virus entering the body, caused the sickness. However in truth, the physical materialization is the symptom, and the belief which causes the materialization the cause. Traditional medicine thus 'treats' the symptoms. And because of our obsession with cause and effect, our tendency to actively look for things which reinforce our beliefs, and our inherited belief in doctors, the temporarily alleviation from the treatment of the symptoms makes us believe that we're getting better, so that we really do get better. Sometimes no alleviation of symptoms may be required, only the strong belief that the treatment will work (see Rife Machines).

Deb

Hi s1nbad, I didn't get to say welcome to our forum yet. So, welcome to the forum!

I really do believe in the power of the mind and beliefs, and feel very strongly about our bodies' abilities to heal themselves. They are amazing creations, built to be self-reliant. The mind is amazing too. Modern medicine will try to tell you that you can't live without pills, operations, etc. but they are forgetting about simple and easy to find proof of the power of the mind: the placebo effect. People who believe they are taking a specific medication in a trial but are actually getting a placebo not only "benefit" from the medication, but some also get some of the listed side effects. It's even been shown to be true with surgery! Pharmaceutical companies hate the PE, because I've heard some studies show an almost 50/50 result of placebo vs medication. :o

But I do also believe our bodies need certain materials in order to maintain themselves. Seth would say your beliefs about your diet are more important than what you actually eat. And that may be true, but I've also read that our foods are not as nutritionally dense than they were even in the 60s and so we tend to have vitamin/mineral shortages due to over-processed foods, over-farming, feeding meat animals a cheap and unnatural diet (you are what you eat eats, lol).

There are a lot of people who believe (and say they have seen results) that drinking raw grass-fed milk reverses small cavities (caries). I think it's the vitamin K and vitamin D, as they work to move calcium into the teeth and bones. Here's an article if you're interested.

I'm not saying don't get your cavity fixed, just offering a different perspective. My parents didn't believe in dentists, so I have a mouth full of fillings and am getting a crown tomorrow morning. So I'm no one to talk.
Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

s1nbad

Quote from: Deb on December 26, 2021, 07:12:13 PMHi s1nbad, I didn't get to say welcome to our forum yet. So, welcome to the forum!

I really do believe in the power of the mind and beliefs, and feel very strongly about our bodies' abilities to heal themselves. They are amazing creations, built to be self-reliant. The mind is amazing too. Modern medicine will try to tell you that you can't live without pills, operations, etc. but they are forgetting about simple and easy to find proof of the power of the mind: the placebo effect. People who believe they are taking a specific medication in a trial but are actually getting a placebo not only "benefit" from the medication, but some also get some of the listed side effects. It's even been shown to be true with surgery! Pharmaceutical companies hate the PE, because I've heard some studies show an almost 50/50 result of placebo vs medication. :o

But I do also believe our bodies need certain materials in order to maintain themselves. Seth would say your beliefs about your diet are more important than what you actually eat. And that may be true, but I've also read that our foods are not as nutritionally dense than they were even in the 60s and so we tend to have vitamin/mineral shortages due to over-processed foods, over-farming, feeding meat animals a cheap and unnatural diet (you are what you eat eats, lol).

There are a lot of people who believe (and say they have seen results) that drinking raw grass-fed milk reverses small cavities (caries). I think it's the vitamin K and vitamin D, as they work to move calcium into the teeth and bones. Here's an article if you're interested.

I'm not saying don't get your cavity fixed, just offering a different perspective. My parents didn't believe in dentists, so I have a mouth full of fillings and am getting a crown tomorrow morning. So I'm no one to talk.

Hey Deb, good to be here, a lot of great resources and discussions to be had. I really like that somebody compiled all exercises from the Seth books into a PDF.

It's great that you mention the placebo effect, I hadn't made the connection with Seth's material until reading your post. That's a great showcase of the power of beliefs. I agree that while your beliefs about what you eat are important, you probably couldn't get away with eating diapers. I think in general, we're poking at the interplay of Framework 1 and 2. I'm going to allow Framework 2 to do its thing, do some digging to find the belief(s) which materialized the cavity, discard them, and reinforce knew ones via self-hypnosis.
Like Like x 2 View List

Deb

I think of the placebo effect as being solid F1 proof of what Seth says about our beliefs creating our reality. And one that the medical world can't argue with. That's a huge win for me.

Eating diapers: Yes I agree. That would be classified as one of the root assumptions we have accepted here on Earth.  ;)

No harm in trying out F2 to heal your cavity, especially if it's small and not troublesome. I have to say I do remember being a kid and seeing the beginning of a cavity in a molar, and then it disappeared. I can't say beliefs were at play at the time, it was long before Seth for me. Looking back, I didn't have a very good diet as a kid or any beliefs around diet, tooth health or health in general. So I need to figure out what was at play there. But I do agree with Seth, it really is all about what we believe.

As to the forum: Yes, lots of resources, I've been stockpiling Seth related stuff for years. And yes again, the Seth exercises collection is a work of art. I was also given the gift of the Seth Research Project when Mary Dillman passed, and will be making her research discoveries available when I can. As they say, do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life!
Like Like x 2 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List