DMT film

Started by Mark M, March 30, 2022, 09:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

DMT: The Spirit Molecule
Not Rated
1h 15m

An investigation into the long-obscured mystery of dimethyltryptamine (DMT), a molecule found in nearly every living organism and considered the most potent psychedelic on Earth.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340425/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

DMT: The Spirit Molecule is a 2010 documentary film based on a book of the same name by Dr. Rick Strassman.[1] Directed by Mitch Schultz[2] and starring Joe Rogan as narrator,[3] the documentary deals primarily with the psychedelic and entheogenic drug N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) through the lens of interviews with those who have used the drug, either as part of Strassman's scientific studies, or in combination with MAOIs (as ayahuasca). In 2013, Adam Winstock, working off of data in the Global Drug Survey, hypothesized that the documentary may have led to increased popularity of DMT.[4] In July 2018, Variety reported that the documentary was one of the most streamed on Netflix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMT:_The_Spirit_Molecule

(I haven't seen it.)
Like Like x 1 View List

Deb

Yes, DMT and the documentary have been mentioned many times here. Mark, I think you even mentioned it here a couple of times. It used to be available on YouTube and I think I watched it (  https://speakingofseth.com/index.php/topic,563.msg4705.html#msg4705 ) but it's since been taken down for copyright reasons. It may be up again in another channel on YT.

I find DMT is intriguing.

chasman

Deb

Quote from: chasman on April 04, 2022, 09:37:36 PMis this the one?:

Probably is! Thank you, you certainly have a gift for finding things.

Coincidentally (lol) I came across a recent video this morning, "Seth Speaks About Psychedelics with Virginia Bennett." I've just started watching it and Virginia talks about an unpublished Seth quote where he said the word "you" should be written with a capitol Y as a reference to your inner self. I'll be looking for the original quote, it should be a good one. She goes on to talk about psychedelics and the "bigger picture."

Here's some info about her: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/virginia-gale-bennett-berkeley-ca/239971

Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

chasman

Deb,

I loved your presentation at the Seth conference.
thank you for doing that, and thank you for all that you do with SRP.

Virginia Bennett gave a fascinating talk at this year's Seth conference.
I think she was talking about the capital Y at the beginning of her talk.
I think she showed pictures of comparisons between what was published and the original
dictation. and it might have been from the intro to NOPR.
Like Like x 1 View List

Deb

I really like Virginia a lot, just from listening to the audio above. I did see she was a speaker at the Conference, but missed it. I want to listen to her when they put those recordings up, as I had to miss most of it.

I wonder how she got pictures of the comparisons? I did manage to find Mary's notes on the Y quote, I still need to read them. Hopefully I can share that here. :)
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Mark M

Chasman, thanks for the link.

"One of our volunteers likes to say 'You can still be an atheist until [a dose of]
0.4 (mg/kg of DMT).'"

DMT: The Spirit Molecule: A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the
Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences
by Rick Strassman MD

Compare what the woman below says about her cells with this Seth quote:

''Your particular society has set up such an artificial division between intuitional and intellectual knowledge that only the intellectually apparent is given credence. With all of their dire faults and distortions, religions have at least kept alive the idea of unseen, valid worlds, and given some affirmation to concepts that are literally known by the cells.''

--Seth, Sess 691

'There was a movement of color. The colors were words. I heard what the
colors were saying to me. I was trying to look out, but they were saying,
"Go in." I was looking for God outside. They said, "God is in every cell
of your body. "And I was feeling it, totally open to it, and l kept
opening to it more, and I just took it in. The colors kept telling me
things, but they were telling me things so I not only heard what I was
seeing, but also felt it in my cells. I say "felt," but it was like no
other "felt," more like a knowing that was happening in my cells. That
God is in everything and that we are all connected, and that God dances
in every cell of life, and that every cell of life dances in God....'
Like Like x 1 View List

Bora137

Finally got time to listen to this on a drive. One speaker talked about how insane our society it is that it makes certain plants illegal. Something I've often reflected on. Something growing and gifted to us by nature is illegal. Why is it illegal? Because as another speaker pointed out the only state of consciousness our society values is that of logical reasoning that results in the production of goods and services or their consumption. We are allowed to anesthetise ourselves to give us a short break from this monotony by consuming alcohol but no other states of consciousness are allowed.

When looked at from the outside our society is completely bonkers. But we are not allowed to consume plants that let us look from the outside in so we remain in the madness, like we've broken all the mirrors and battened up all the windows and are sitting in the darkness telling ourselves stories about the nature of reality.

Sena

Quote from: Bora137 on May 21, 2022, 01:38:53 PMWhen looked at from the outside our society is completely bonkers.

Bora, all countries in the world today are completely materialistic. Everybody is encouraged to consume more and more - a bigger and better car etc. If people get spiritual insights from a natural chemical like DMT, that would endanger the consumerist philosophy.
Like Like x 2 View List

Deb

Quote from: Bora137 on May 21, 2022, 01:38:53 PMWhy is it illegal? Because as another speaker pointed out the only state of consciousness our society values is that of logical reasoning that results in the production of goods and services or their consumption.

When Colorado was working to get weed legalized, I remember I saw articles about the history of hemp and its "relative" in the US. It was banned in 1937 because commercially interested parties felt it would compete with cotton, timber and synthetic plastics (hemp is an incredibly durable fiber). Ka-ching! Propaganda pushed that marijuana (and therefore hemp) would lower the moral values of American culture... but it really was about protecting profits. Now weed is legal here, there are an astounding number of growers and shops, and the state makes generous profits on the taxes. Everything is about money. :(

Bora137

Mentioned in the film - the picture puzzle pattern door - beyond which you exit the human world/system of meaning/being - you are no longer being a human beyond this threshold of course not just in the physical sense but in every sense. How wonderful and sort of terrifying.

You cannot view this attachment.
Like Like x 1 Wow! Wow! x 1 View List