Neville Goddard, The Spirit, The water and the blood

Started by strangerthings, May 21, 2022, 04:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangerthings

Stand upon that Rock, knowing you are God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, as these three are the chosen One. In the 1st Epistle of John, the 5th chapter, these three are called the Spirit, the water, and the blood.

God Speaks to Man
Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 2 View List

Deb

I often think that seed of all religious philosophies, at their most basic, are really the same... but as Seth said, they have been so clothed in distortions that they are barely recognizable. Thereby necessitating the return of Speakers to try and try again.  :P
Love it! Love it! x 3 View List

strangerthings

#2
If othes are as thick skulled as I am they might have to come back again and again LOL

(Silly sarcasm)
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Dreamer

Quote from: Deb on May 23, 2022, 10:41:03 AMI often think that seed of all religious philosophies, at their most basic, are really the same... but as Seth said, they have been so clothed in distortions that they are barely recognizable. :P

One of the fundamental problems in science, religion, philosophy, your daily life: Any information is distorted by the belief system of the informant. That's the reason why you need to find your own way at the end of the day. And by the way, distortions happened even in the Seth Material. Apparently not often, but they happened.

QuoteThe material in these cases apparently comes through quite distorted. Again this is beyond my control, in these cases you simply do not understand what I am trying to say. The more you push at a sore point the sorer the point becomes. My attitude in no way prevents prediction per se. At this point your attitude however does stand in the way. I hope to go into this also at a further time, because there are definite reasons for this that have nothing or little to do with you personally, but represent a more or less natural distortion of data along these lines. (Pause.)
(TES1 Session 13 January 6, 1964)
Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List
Heaven on Earth is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
- Wayne W. Dyer

inavalan

Quote from: Wimmel on June 13, 2022, 07:55:39 AM...
QuoteThe material in these cases apparently comes through quite distorted. Again this is beyond my control, in these cases you simply do not understand what I am trying to say. The more you push at a sore point the sorer the point becomes. My attitude in no way prevents prediction per se. At this point your attitude however does stand in the way. I hope to go into this also at a further time, because there are definite reasons for this that have nothing or little to do with you personally, but represent a more or less natural distortion of data along these lines. (Pause.)
(TES1 Session 13 January 6, 1964)
Good pointers.

Our beliefs (conscious and unconscious) prevent us from understanding Seth's intended message. Then trying to rationalize it pushes us even further.

Approaching the material intuitively, while suspending our beliefs and expectations, is the only way to filter out some distortions.

Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 2 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

Dreamer

Quote from: inavalan on June 13, 2022, 02:19:50 PMApproaching the material intuitively, while suspending our beliefs and expectations, is the only way to filter out some distortions.

This reminds me of a quote by Bruce Lee.

"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own."
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List
Heaven on Earth is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
- Wayne W. Dyer

inavalan

Quote from: Dreamer on June 15, 2022, 06:06:32 AM[]

This reminds me of a quote by Bruce Lee.

"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own."
This reminded me of a Bruce Lee quote I found so meaningful when I was young(er ...:)) ) that I hand wrote it on a peace of paper and scotch-taped it on the wall by my desk:

  • "A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
    ― Bruce Lee

About that time I learned about the Pareto principle (80/20), and put those two together.
Like Like x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

strangerthings

"Be water" - Bruce Lee

He spoke about how water takes the shape of anything. I use this to talk about being flexible.

"The most flexible element in my world can control my world." - NLP
Like Like x 1 View List

Deb

Great quotes from Bruce Lee, I had no idea about this part of him. I'd only heard about his martial arts movies and his unfortunately early demise. I need to look more into his philosophical side, thanks.