Racine, Wisconsin, US(A) Writer in Residence

Started by Mark M, July 14, 2022, 09:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

This is a 6-month gig, one post per week, which I applied to along with what happened to be 5 others and I guess I was neck-and-neck with one of them, but squeaked a "win," so now I'm the current Writer in Residence for Racine.

My first post touches (only touches) on Seth, but I'm planning to bring up Seth in an expository way to the general audience it has in Week 5.

I can post that post here then.

Meantime, go here for my first two posts, if interested. Thanks.

https://racinewir.com/

Like Like x 2 View List

Deb

Wow, congrats! It should be rewarding and a great opportunity to sneak in a little Seth. I'll check out your two posts.

BTW, I used to blog for Mother Earth News. Had to give it up when my work picked up, but it was fun and drove a lot of traffic to my urban farming blog. I did not bring up Seth though...

Mark M

Mark M

After mentioning Jane Roberts and Seth self-describing as an energy essence personality, etc., I plan to use this passage as my "foot in the door" given where the culture is at including this current post-Roe scene:

Battling Fundamentalisms

From The Magical Approach, Session Fourteen:

"If you can have reason without faith [dogmatic, materialist science], then indeed, for example, you will see that there can be faith without reason [religious fundamentalism]. When human experience becomes shrunken in such a fashion -- compressed -- then in a fashion it also explodes at both ends, you might say.

"You have atrocious acts committed, along with great heroism, but each are explosive, representing sudden releases of withheld energies that have in other ways been forbidden, and so man's mass psyche expresses itself sometimes like explosive fireworks, simply because the release of pressure is necessary.

"Even your poor misguided moral/religious organization is saying in its fashion to the scientifically-oriented society: 'How is faith not real, then? We'll change your laws with it. We'll turn it into power -- political power. What will you say then? We have been laughed at for so long. We will see who laughs now.'"

. . .
Like Like x 3 View List

Jenny

Hi Mark,

Very cool  :)

I spent some of my early childhood in Sturtevant, just outside Racine. 

Jenny

Mark M

Jenny -- cool!

My childhood was in a Minneapolis, MN suburb. But I've lived in Racine since 1978.

Jenny

Mark--and I currently live in a suburb of the Twin Cities--fun parallels  :D

strangerthings

Mark M

Thanks.

Having a lot of fun with it. I have the next four posts essentially written.
Like Like x 1 View List