Meat or not to meat?

Started by Bumblebee, January 13, 2015, 06:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumblebee

QuoteSETH on Diet:

"Your meals could be somewhat simpler. I would here suggest very few fried foods. You have too many of these. I would suggest less heavy foods.

Fresh fruits and vegetables are excellent.

Meat but not fatty meats and not an overabundance of meats.

You will enjoy your meals more. And, you will savor the individual tastes with more discrimination.

I will give you the suggestions. And then I will give you the reasons behind them. I will have some little more to say concerning diet.

You do well as it is, avoiding thick sauces and gravies. There is no fear here of short-circuiting necessary vitamin needs. I am mainly suggesting a change in the way food is prepared, and whenever possible a reliance upon fresh vegetables and fruits.

Frozen are preferable to canned.

It is important obviously not to overeat. In general small fairly frequent meals are preferable to three heavy meals.

Theoretically, it would be better indeed if you were vegetarians.

However, at this time I do not suggest it. There is no doubt, for various reasons, however, that many benefits are connected with this particular dietary habit. I repeat: I do not suggest it for you, for various reasons. Moderation will do us as well.

You would do better with fruits for dessert more often.

Now aside from these dietary suggestions, I also believe other patterns of behavior could be adopted. The isometric exercises, for now, are excellent and should be followed by both of you. The two Eastern exercises, done occasionally by Ruburt, should be adopted by you both as a matter of routine daily.

Later other such Eastern exercises should be added.

The walks should indeed be systematically continued. Deep breathing should always be adopted during such walks. When the walk entails an errand the walking itself should be the important matter. You should attempt to feel yourselves a part of the environment through which you pass and attempt to enter into it rather than feel yourselves as observers.

Ruburt should drink no more than five cups of coffee daily at the most. If he is not giving up his cigarettes, then as you suggested moderation should be used. The present fifteen a day will do for now. But: this should be reduced to ten when it is feasible.

I mentioned in the past those suggestions given by Ruburt to himself, concerning the continued health of the physical organism. You should both utilize this practice. In our dream material we will go deeply into the nature of health suggestions given in connection with the dream situation. And, such suggestions may be considered a part of this evening's list.

All of these – you may call them rules if you prefer – all of these rules then are for your own benefit and are personalized, formed by me taking into consideration your own needs, strong points and weaknesses. Therefore, they apply, the dietary suggestions and the exercise suggestions, to you only.

We can and will give a general list. But: it is always better if this list be implemented by personal consultation. You have done much better in the overall in health maintenance than you did in the past; since you are both in excellent organic condition you can say that you have both done well.

However, there is a large difference between a general state that is free of disease and a state of exuberant health, in which the inner and outer selves are perfectly attuned.

Such a state is far from impossible. And, we shall see that you achieve it. The rules that I have given you are an absolute necessity if that state is to be achieved. And, it is only in that state that the inner self can utilize its abilities..."

<snip>

"You are indeed to a large extent what you eat.

You are bound up in the cycle of earth relationships. The eating of meat without doubt focuses the physical mechanism closely to the physical system. There is nothing wrong with this. If you are trying to develop inner abilities, however, and if you wish to allow yourself a mobility of focus, then moderation in this respect must be used. Eggs and milk and cheeses can be substituted occasionally without changing your overall eating habits."

~ Session 185 September 3, 1965.

I am not sure what to think about this. I hold the belief that it is healthier to eat what Nature gives us in our environment. When I lived in Turkey, I ate tomatoes, peppers, olives, fresh fruits and other local stuff. Rarely ate meat. In France I grew my own food and could eat wild plants almost all year round. But now I live in Canada, where lately is been -30C and nothing will grow before May. No fresh veggies except from importation. When I lived with the natives up north we would only eat meat and bread during those months, because that was all that was available. Does this mean it will be more difficult to do OOBES and other stuff like that if I eat meat everyday at the moment? I am confused. I thought we were more what we thought we ate.

What are your thoughts?

Deb

Well you've certainly opened a can of worms for me! This has been a question that has plagued me for decades. I don't know if you've seen this, but it's come up a couple of times recently--a Bashar video about that very subject.

Warning (lol): What I'm going to say here is my reality and mine alone, and I realize that we all have our own realities.

The Seth comments--are those from the private sessions? My first thought was I wonder how much of Jane's subjectivity influenced the information coming through? At that time the medical world was just starting to push low fat and low meat diets because they (falsely) tied such consumption to heart disease. The whole thing snowballed from there, and there are now finally some reports coming out about the problems with the study involved and how an offhand theory became carved in stone truth. I've read some books written by doctors in that time period, and they were all very positive that meat and fat were bad. I've been reading a lot lately about how heart disease, diabetes and other diseases have grown out of control since that "truth" came out and people started using vegetable oils, low fat/high carb foods and things like margarine. Most of it promoted by the growers and manufacturers of those foods. Reports are now surfacing that a lot of heart disease is actually because of calcium buildup in arteries due to our lack of Vitamin K in our diets: the body is not able to transport calcium to teeth and bones and it ends up building up in arteries. Vitamin K can be found in animal products and natto. They are finding that there are certain vitamins, enzymes, etc. that are only naturally found in meat and animal products. There are some cultures whose diets are composed, about 80%, of meat and fat and they have no heart diseases or other illnesses. I've also read that India has the highest % of vegetarians per capita, and the highest incidence of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

I LOVE animals and feel horrible about factory farming and abuse of animals. In the past when I've questioned whether I should become a vegetarian I've look to nature, and our teeth. And of course the findings of Weston Price in the 1930s. Many  years ago--maybe about 15-- I went on the Atkins diet. What I noticed was that I felt better on the diet than I'd had in a long time. My nails and hair were strong and healthy, my skin glowed, I had unlimited energy and just felt overall better than ever. That's when I realized that carbs in the form of starches made me tired, gain weight and feel bloated. I didn't stay on the Atkins diet for that long, but it forever changed the way I eat.

Every body is different. I've seen a lot of fat vegetarians and ones that get sick often. My son who is a type 1 diabetic was a vegetarian for 2 years and I feared for his life. He was living on bread, noodles and pasta and although he's as thin as a rail, he got sick a lot and his blood sugar was out of control.

With all of that said, I don't feel that eating meat should hinder spiritual progression. I mean, Jane was not a vegetarian and she was psychic, astral traveled and channeled Seth! What more evidence can you ask for? Taking into consideration the Seth concept that what we believe is of the utmost importance, then if we think a certain food is bad for us it certainly will be. In that light, I wonder where his diet advice comes into play? I always struggle with putting this type of stuff in perspective: Seth says we should do x-y-z but Seth also says that what we believe is what's operative. Hmmm.

I've always been a proponent of listening to our bodies and I (tried to) raise my son with that being his health guidance system. But peer pressure and high school & college ideals seemed to have taken precedence. He's back to eating meat and a lot of the concepts he postulated about in favor of vegetarianism seem to have been forgotten. I'm always amazed at how he's taken a stance on a particular subject and then it passes and he denies ever having been there.

For a few years I focused on eating fish instead of meats, but I've found places where I can buy meat and poultry that are free range, have somewhat happy and normal lives and are treated well. I have four very well-treated chickens that give me eggs. There's no doubt in my mind that the best foods are fresh & raw veggies (I don't eat much fruit because I avoid sugars), but my body craves meat and fish and I trust my body knows what it needs. Fresh is best, frozen is next and I don't use any preserved products unless I can or freeze them myself. Sally Fallon called our standard convenience foods as being "embalmed." I thought that was pretty perfect.

FIVE cups of coffee a day? Yikes, that seems like an awful lot to me! Thanks for bringing up this topic, it's made me re-evaluate my thoughts.

Deb

Please try to ignore the stupid question marks, I wrote my post in a program & supposedly stripped the formatting out, but it looks like that didn't work. Bleh.

Note: This formatting problem was fixed by changing the character set.

Bumblebee

I'm glad you mentioned Jane and how she ate meat and had all these abilities. It put things into perspective for me. :D

I love animals too, and I also choose those who are well treated in small farms around my place. Vegetables are bought at a local farm 10 minutes away from my apartment. But I must admit that since I read another statement from Seth saying that we are more what we think we eat than what we actually eat ( I think that was in NOPR) and that I now live in an area less prone to eat organic, I've been less rigid about this. I'm actually buying some of my food in a grocery store ( I hadn't done that in 3 years) and sometimes buy "brand" transformed meat products that obviously do not bother with animal conditions. Once I get a house again, I will do the transformation myself from animals well treated, but for now, in my 2 room apartment, I have no room to transform and stock food in big quantities.

I also love to eat wild plants. I've been learning to recognize them in nature and learning when to pick them. There are even different recipe books out there. I was happy to find that edible Canadian wild plants are very similar to the ones found in Europe. I'm also learning how to heal mself with them.  But you need again lots of storage space to keep them.

I experienced great changes in my diet depending on where I lived. Somehow for me eating seems to go hand in hand with climate. When it's hot I want to eat light, in cold weather I dream of gravy sauce, potatoes, cheese and meat.

I also notice that my weight depends more of my emotions than my diet. In periods of anxiety and insecurity, I tend to gain weight, as to isolate and protect myself from the outside world. When I'm happy my weight automatically goes down leaving me a healthy, lean, energized body.

Deb

Nice to hear that Bumblebee, I enjoyed your personal observations about food. I've had a long-time interest in eating wild myself, more nibbling actually, when hiking etc. I remember being a young child and a friend introduced me to birch bark which tasted like rootbeer and wild strawberries. I was hooked. I didn't realize there are books about foraging, I'll have to look into that.

I have the urge to find more quotes from Seth about food and beliefs.

How is it you've traveled so much? Work related, or personal interest?

Bumblebee

Both. I chose a profession that  I could carry with me as I always dreamed of roaming the world as a child. For me traveling is actually living with a different culture, experiencing their every day routines, learning their language and way of life.

So I became a special ed teacher, a second passion of mine being the exploration of how individuals learn. Everybody does it quite differently. It is fascinating to try and understand how people understand stuff and then find a solution to their blockage. Unfortunately not a lot of room in schools systems around the world for that. It's like schools forgot what their main purpose is, lost in curriculums, ratings, and parents' expectations and desires. But that's a whole different topic. BTW, loved the part in NOPR that talks about teaching ( don't remember which session- I'll try to find the reference again). It was like Seth was taking the words out of my mouth. I think that if he was in the same room as I, I would of kissed him! LOL

Deb

Bumblebee, wow, you inspire me!

QuoteIt is fascinating to try and understand how people understand stuff and then find a solution to their blockage.

I actually know a few special ed teachers and teachers in general, which I find interesting. Coincidental. But I love the way you worded the above, I never thought of it in that way. "Find a solution to their blockage" seems so perfect to me. If you do find Seth's quote on teaching, I'd love to read it. I wish the indices in the Seth books were better. I suppose if I had all the books on Kindle I could find things more easily.

OH how I wish we had a Seth we could ask questions, I think I'd learn all of this more quickly and wouldn't feel like I was cheating.

Bumblebee

I found the part where Seth talks about teaching! OMG he is  soooo on the spot!

Seth Speaks, middle-end of session 518,in Chapter 3, p.33

Last night I read session 547, Chapter 11 in Seth Speaks, p.165. It also talks about being a teacher as one of different "jobs" after death when your reincarnation cycle is over. That is SOOO what I want to do! I wanted to volunteer right there and then! It sounded like so much fun! Made me realize I truly am a teacher deep down Inside, even if teaching French or maths doesn't really excite me.

Deb

Hindsight is 20/20, for sure. I just spent 30 minutes trying to find a quote that I loved, something I'd put up on the Intensive forum and realized I should have just kept copies of when I'd written about something that really had meaning for me. Because that forum is gone and no doubt our profiles and all of our posts have been deleted. Some day when I'm retired and have too much time on my hands, I'm going to get all the Seth books on Kindle and highlight all my favorite bits so I can separate them into topics. Right.

So Bumblebee, I can SO see you being a teacher in the "afterlife." I've mentioned it before, but you have a deep wisdom and I think you are the right one for that job. You're probably pretty spot-on for being a teacher in this reality and any similar ones, so I hope you like it here.  But you would get to travel. ;)

I came across something in NOPR (session 677) where he said "I am also journeying." I had penned a notation "WOW" in the margin. That just seemed so cool to me. "Your own consciousness is embarked upon a reality that basically can be experienced by no other, that is unique and untranslatable, with its own meaning, following its own paths of becoming." I love every word that ever came out of his mouth. Oh what I wouldn't give to spend a day with him!

Deb

"A cat playfully killing a mouse and eating it is not evil. It suffers no guilt. On biological levels both animals understand. The consciousness of the mouse, under the innate knowledge of impending pain, leaves its body. The cat uses the warm flesh. The mouse itself has been hunter as well as prey, and both understand the terms in ways that are very difficult to explain.

"At certain levels both cat and mouse understand the nature of the life energy they share, and are not—in those terms—jealous for their own individuality. This does not mean they will not struggle to live, but that they have a built-in unconscious sense of unity with nature in which they know they will not be lost or immersed.

"Man, pursuing his own way, chose to step outside of that framework —on a conscious level. The birth of compassion then took the place of the animals' innate knowledge; the biological compassion turned into emotional realization.

"The hunter, freed more or less from animal courtesy, would be forced to emotionally identify with his prey. To kill is to be killed. The balance of life sustains all.

"He must learn on a conscious level then what he knew all along. This is the intrinsic and only real meaning of guilt and its natural framework.

(Long pause.) "You are to preserve life consciously, then, as the animals preserve it unconsciously."

The Nature of Personal Reality, Session 634

Batfan007

Quote from: Bumblebee
QuoteSETH on Diet:

"Your meals could be somewhat simpler. I would here suggest very few fried foods. You have too many of these. I would suggest less heavy foods.

You will enjoy your meals more. And, you will savor the individual tastes with more discrimination.

I will give you the suggestions. And then I will give you the reasons behind them. I will have some little more to say concerning diet.

You do well as it is, avoiding thick sauces and gravies. There is no fear here of short-circuiting necessary vitamin needs. I am mainly suggesting a change in the way food is prepared, and whenever possible a reliance upon fresh vegetables and fruits.

It is important obviously not to overeat. In general small fairly frequent meals are preferable to three heavy meals.

However, at this time I do not suggest it. There is no doubt, for various reasons, however, that many benefits are connected with this particular dietary habit. I repeat: I do not suggest it for you, for various reasons. Moderation will do us as well.

You would do better with fruits for dessert more often.

Now aside from these dietary suggestions, I also believe other patterns of behavior could be adopted. The isometric exercises, for now, are excellent and should be followed by both of you. The two Eastern exercises, done occasionally by Ruburt, should be adopted by you both as a matter of routine daily.

Later other such Eastern exercises should be added.

The walks should indeed be systematically continued. Deep breathing should always be adopted during such walks. When the walk entails an errand the walking itself should be the important matter. You should attempt to feel yourselves a part of the environment through which you pass and attempt to enter into it rather than feel yourselves as observers.

Ruburt should drink no more than five cups of coffee daily at the most. If he is not giving up his cigarettes, then as you suggested moderation should be used. The present fifteen a day will do for now. But: this should be reduced to ten when it is feasible.

I mentioned in the past those suggestions given by Ruburt to himself, concerning the continued health of the physical organism. You should both utilize this practice. In our dream material we will go deeply into the nature of health suggestions given in connection with the dream situation. And, such suggestions may be considered a part of this evening's list.

All of these – you may call them rules if you prefer – all of these rules then are for your own benefit and are personalized, formed by me taking into consideration your own needs, strong points and weaknesses. Therefore, they apply, the dietary suggestions and the exercise suggestions, to you only.

We can and will give a general list. But: it is always better if this list be implemented by personal consultation. You have done much better in the overall in health maintenance than you did in the past; since you are both in excellent organic condition you can say that you have both done well.

However, there is a large difference between a general state that is free of disease and a state of exuberant health, in which the inner and outer selves are perfectly attuned.

Such a state is far from impossible. And, we shall see that you achieve it. The rules that I have given you are an absolute necessity if that state is to be achieved. And, it is only in that state that the inner self can utilize its abilities..."

<snip>

"You are indeed to a large extent what you eat.

You are bound up in the cycle of earth relationships. The eating of meat without doubt focuses the physical mechanism closely to the physical system. There is nothing wrong with this. If you are trying to develop inner abilities, however, and if you wish to allow yourself a mobility of focus, then moderation in this respect must be used. Eggs and milk and cheeses can be substituted occasionally without changing your overall eating habits."

~ Session 185 September 3, 1965.

I am not sure what to think about this. I hold the belief that it is healthier to eat what Nature gives us in our environment. When I lived in Turkey, I ate tomatoes, peppers, olives, fresh fruits and other local stuff. Rarely ate meat. In France I grew my own food and could eat wild plants almost all year round. But now I live in Canada, where lately is been -30C and nothing will grow before May. No fresh veggies except from importation. When I lived with the natives up north we would only eat meat and bread during those months, because that was all that was available. Does this mean it will be more difficult to do OOBES and other stuff like that if I eat meat everyday at the moment? I am confused. I thought we were more what we thought we ate.

What are your thoughts?

As a former vegetarian, and current meat-atrian and person who has useed seth groupee (oh I mean student!) Rick Stacks OBE guide, I can say with total honest and certainty that what you eat has NOTHING to do with developing your own mental abilities, other than if you eat too much of anything, it can make you sleepy, less able to concentrate / focus etc.

your body needs what it needs (micronutrients, mineral, vitamins) and doesn't care where it gets it. It just does the best it can with whatever you put in there.

I've read ..... I don't know how many books over the years on astral projection from hippies who grew up in a certain era, and promote vegetarianism almost as if it were some sort of cult.

It's right proper bullshit, eat whatever you like, whatever makes sense for you and your body, don't follow anybodies dietary dogma, as most of it is about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and then there ar the total cranks who will put "vegetables are godly, meat is EEEEEEEEvilllll!"

Because you know they had some Indian guru, or read a book by an indian guru, and bought into that belief system..

So yeah it's TOTAL and COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

I've eaten all veg, and iv'e eaten all/ mostly proteins/fat from animals and NONE of it had any effect whatsoever on any type of OBE, astral projection practice.

Also, people that have bought into this idea don't like it when you tell them it's utter nonsense, so if you are having a conversation in person with someone who has that sort of view, don't bring it up!  :o

Monica

I have wondered for a long time about the statement about eating less in the way of fried foods.

My take on it is based on other information that I've read that the two traditional methods of frying, low heat and slow cooking (i.e. Italian meat sauces for pasta) or high heat and fast cooking (i.e. Chinese stir fries), are best because they are not as destructive to the ingredients' nutrients; however, Western-style frying often reduces the nutritional value of the ingredients and/or makes the dishes more difficult to digest through overcooking.

Sorry I don't have references, I'm going off the top of my head!

Personally, if I do fry foods, I try to make them in, say, a Mediterranean or East Asian style that keeps the flavours and nutritional value of the ingredients. I also find those styles of cooking lead to dishes that are not too heavy.

Deb

Quote from: BumblebeeYour meals could be somewhat simpler. I would here suggest very few fried foods. You have too many of these. I would suggest less heavy foods.

Is it just me? This has always bothered me: dietary advice from Seth. It just doesn't sound like something he would say, since he has said so often that it's not WHAT you consume (his reference to food, medication, chemical-laden foods as far as I know) but what you BELIEVE about what you are eating that determines how your body responds. Maybe Jane was 'adding' some of her own stuff to this?

Personally I'm a fan of Weston Price/Nourishing Traditions, believing that more basic, nutrient-dense foods are good (at least that's what I believe, lol). Fats were demonized by speculation decades ago that fats make people fat and cause heart disease. The sugar industry had it's hand in this too.

As far as frying, I think the kind of fat used is more at question these days. Vegetable oils, if you read Weston Price Foundation articles, are rancid, oxidized and unstable right out of the bottle, laden with free radicals. (If you decide to look up articles by the Weston Price Foundation on healthy fats, find one that talks about how margarine is made. You'll never touch the stuff again.) Olive oil and pure butter are more stable under heat. Coconut oil is the most stable apparently but it does affect flavor. We NEED quality fats in our diet, for many reasons. I tend to sauté a lot of things in olive oil or butter. So if I call it sauté, that means I'm not frying, right? :)

While I personally agree with Seth's eating advice for the most part (I think fatty meats taste the best and are the most satisfying), I just have a hard time believing he would give advice on food.

Batfan007

Quote from: Deb
Quote from: BumblebeeYour meals could be somewhat simpler. I would here suggest very few fried foods. You have too many of these. I would suggest less heavy foods.

Is it just me? This has always bothered me: dietary advice from Seth. It just doesn't sound like something he would say, since he has said so often that it's not WHAT you consume (his reference to food, medication, chemical-laden foods as far as I know) but what you BELIEVE about what you are eating that determines how your body responds. Maybe Jane was 'adding' some of her own stuff to this?

Personally I'm a fan of Weston Price/Nourishing Traditions, believing that more basic, nutrient-dense foods are good (at least that's what I believe, lol). Fats were demonized by speculation decades ago that fats make people fat and cause heart disease. The sugar industry had it's hand in this too.

As far as frying, I think the kind of fat used is more at question these days. Vegetable oils, if you read Weston Price Foundation articles, are rancid, oxidized and unstable right out of the bottle, laden with free radicals. (If you decide to look up articles by the Weston Price Foundation on healthy fats, find one that talks about how margarine is made. You'll never touch the stuff again.) Olive oil and pure butter are more stable under heat. Coconut oil is the most stable apparently but it does affect flavor. We NEED quality fats in our diet, for many reasons. I tend to sauté a lot of things in olive oil or butter. So if I call it sauté, that means I'm not frying, right? :)

While I personally agree with Seth's eating advice for the most part (I think fatty meats taste the best and are the most satisfying), I just have a hard time believing he would give advice on food.

Is he not talking here specifically to Jane, and not to anyone else? What is the context?

Having reading Price's Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, which is a factual account of all the various diets of the major continents and people's on earth- it is very clear to me that humanity are omnivores, who eat a great variety of foods, who need minerals, vitamins and trace minerals from a VARIETY of courses for optimal health and nutrition, and that ANY sort of mono-diet (other than for a short period) leads inevitably to multiple nutritional deficiencies which affect all aspects of health, including our skeletal and brain development, even in several generations down the line who may suffer from conditions that were easily avoidable had the correct nutrients been eaten by their forefathers.

Deb

Quote from: Batfan007Is he not talking here specifically to Jane, and not to anyone else? What is the context?

I'm assuming he was talking to Rob and Jane, but I don't have the book (TES8). It just seemed odd to me, because Seth was adament about the importance of what you believe about something. He talks a lot about our beliefs about nutrition, supplements, doctors in NOPR session 660.

But then I found these on the Seth search engine, so I guess Seth sometimes did give out advice on eating. Now I need to search for some of his recipes...  ;)

I don't know the context of these quotes either. Big help that I am.

TES4 Session 185 September 6, 1965   
Meat, but not fatty meats, and not an overabundance of meats.

TES8 Session 359 August 7, 1967 
A balanced daily consumption of protein and carbohydrates, of meats and vegetables. 138 to 140 is the lowest you should go as far as your weight is concerned. Now, you may or may not take my advice as you prefer. In any case I have given it to you.

Marianna

Thanks, Bumblebee, for starting this discussion, and thanks everyone for coming up with such useful material!
Seth's advice sounds definitely personal. I do agree with listening to your own body. I have been to 100% raw food (with 109 lb :) and back to a balanced diet rich in vegies. Yet, I have a suspicion, that more than food was involved. It was definitely unwise to stuff myself with heaps of greens and hardly eating eggs, milk, and even fish. But I needed to come to my own conclusions and to figure out my own diet. I saw that the body was definitely not happy and didn't look it 

I do have more energy now with less heavier, but more frequent meals. But again – it is only partially due to my food choices. A lot is due to clearing the head 'attic'.

Seth tells us so often about trusting ourselves. That's what I started doing, finally. And if I make a mistake along the way, so I make a mistake.

Marianna

There is one more food related thing that surprised me. Seth said 'you overeat during the day and starve yourself at night'. I took this into account, and at least now I dropped the idea "no food after 8" or any such thing.

Deb

I do remember him saying it's more natural for us to eat smaller amounts of food throughout the (24 hour) day, it goes along with his suggested sleep pattern. You'd think by this point in our existence we would at least nailed down these two basics: diet and sleep. But those are no longer dictated by the challenge of surviving in nature (as it was for 'cavemen' and still is for wildlife). We now generally force schedules for our bodies based on school, work, convenience and the latest trend by health 'experts.'

Quote from: SethTwo periods of three hours apiece would be quite sufficient for most people, if the proper suggestions were given before sleep--suggestions that would insure the body's complete recuperation.

As many light snacks would actually be much better than three large meals a day, so short naps rather than such an extended period would also be more effective.

He goes on to explain the benefits from these two things and they sound pretty darned good.

Seth Speaks, session 532

Marianna

But it seems that Seth is quite a good health expert :) I decided to try out Seth's suggestions, though I do not go all the way through. Just one short nap during the day whenever I can. And even 20-30 minutes makes a huge difference.

After all, Seth's ideas, that are now at least partially ours, travel telepathically, so, every bit helps. The more people help themselves this way, the better for 'mass consciousness' and mass everything :)

theplantday

QuoteIs it just me? This has always bothered me: dietary advice from Seth. It just doesn't sound like something he would say, since he has said so often that it's not WHAT you consume (his reference to food, medication, chemical-laden foods as far as I know) but what you BELIEVE about what you are eating that determines how your body responds. Maybe Jane was 'adding' some of her own stuff to this?

I understand what you mean but I think we should take into consideration that we ARE on the earth cycle and therefore we are still biological creatures, who should tend to consume what it's more natural for us (as opposed to industrialized food obviously, gms, and what not). each food has a vibration and a content, whether we want it or not, and it's still important to us to eat a fruit which comes from the most beautiful scenario and is full of vitamins to phisically nourish our cells.  :) plus how industrialized food started to be overmade for MONEY and not simply for feeding, it all unbalances and abuses the planet and its inhabitants so much and I believe we should also take this into consideration, being responsible to living as natural and as in balance w Earth as possible. I think fats are fine, but frying is a different process. sorry this is an old thread but I really felt like sharing :))
<3

Deb

Perfect timing for me! I've been reading a Joel Salatin book, "This Ain't Normal Folks" and the chapter I just finished talks about how we should only eat food that has the ability to spoil. Anything else is not food as all of the nourishment has been processed out of it. :)

And I've been wanting to add this quote somewhere, and so again, perfect timing:

"(As Seth, Jane took a swallow of milk. She promptly made a most disapproving face. Her features wrinkled up, her lips drew back distastefully. She held the half-empty glass of milk up to me, her Seth voice booming out:)

This is far different from any milk that I ever drank! It is like a chalk with chemicals, far divorced from any cow!"

—UR2 Section 5: Session 719 November 11, 1974

Being a fan of the forbidden raw (unpasteurized) milk, I love the quote.

Deb

theplantday

@Deb  i love that the timing was good for you!! thank you for the quotes (perfect timing for me too), and for your welcoming. i've been spending hours reading the threads!!  :-* :)

AGR

What Mr.Seth suggested about diet is really a realistic diet. That means, he didn't really suggested any specific diet to be followed and that's the beauty of it. Had he suggested any specific diet to be followed, I would have dumped him as a nonsensical person in the first place. That'swhy, he is a great master.
Diet has become a great focal point nowadays due to the confusion created by many so-called experts and false spiritual(?) gurus. In ancient times, there was no such confusion about it. Let us see. Your body and my body is different. I eat what my body agrees with. If you eat 200 grams of bread, your hunger is satisfied but I need 400 grams of bread to satiate my hunger. Then what is the standard?
Some gurus say that eating meat is sin, you go to hell, and all that kind of talking. Because they reason out that animals and birds have life and you are taking out their life. Then what about fruits and vegetables? They also have life, otherwise it would not give any energy when we eat them. Many say "Do not eat fried foods, oily foods, foods made with refined flour, vegetables that grow underground, that food, this food, etc, etc." Great confusion!!! What to do?
Each person's metabolism, body condition, digestive capacity, genes, and environmental conditions are different. So according to these conditions, one should eat. Then how to know our suitable diet?
For this, we should never consult any person, however expert he/she is. First consult your body. Is it hungry now? Let's eat. The food you are going to eat should be tasty to your eyes, tasty to your nose, and then it should be tasty to your tongue. Eat whatever you like. Don't frame any rules or fixed ideas about what to eat by following someone's ideas, or by reading dietary books. Leave them aside and eat what you like. When you have finished eating, observe how you feel - whether you feel energetic or lethargic; overfull or just full. If you feel lethargic, bloating or tight stomach, immobile, then realise that you had overeaten or eaten a food that was unsuitable to your body. This is the test. Your body always gives signals, only we don't pay any attention to it. Check whether this uneasiness is caused by oily food, deep fried food, over-fried food, or allergic food, whatever it may be. Just check. Eat meat, fish, eggs, and check what they do to your body. If any food gives you any kind of uneasiness to your body, then you should either consume it in less quantities or avoid it completely, no matter however nutritious that food might be. It is not for you. If it is not digested properly for you, then what nutrition you will get out of it? Nothing. This is why all kinds of diseases are caused. You have no other way! You have to check from time to time. After several trials and errors, your diet would be standardized. This diet is for you, "ONLY FOR YOU!" Immediately people, out of their excitement, suggest their standard diet to everybody, because it worked for them. This is how various kinds of diet have been born!!! It is solely your diet, not others' diet. They also have to use the trial and error method and find out their own diet.
What to do if the same food is served to all at parties? Take your kind of food plenty and other kind of food in moderation. Ultimately, moderation is the key as advocated by Mr.Seth.
All the best!       

Deb

Hi AGR, welcome to the forum!

Quote from: AGR
Your body always gives signals, only we don't pay any attention to it.

I agree. We ARE all different physically, I don't think there is one perfect diet for everyone on the planet, we need to "listen" to our bodies, and moderation is a very good thing.

I've been learning a lot about nutrition for the past decade, am a fan of Weston Price and the world-wide research he did back in the 30s. He traveled to many remote places all over the world to study what people were eating and observed their health. One thing in particular that he found was that people eating a pure and native diet unique to their region (in the arctic, mostly fish and whale blubber;  in jungles, meats, insects, plants; remote mountainous regions in N. Europe, goat, dairy, cheeses etc.) were the most healthy physically and mentally. Minus the chronic illnesses we see today.

Without going into too much detail, his conclusion was that processed and artificially preserved foods did not have the full nutritional value of unadulterated foods. There are finally some people in the US that are realizing that "factory farming" and over-processing foods (anything that comes in a box or can), consuming huge amounts of sugar, chemicals (preservatives, pesticides) for decades—are making people sick. To him, prenatal malnutrition was the downfall of people exposed to a Western diet.

Quote from: DebWhile I personally agree with Seth's eating advice for the most part (I think fatty meats taste the best and are the most satisfying), I just have a hard time believing he would give advice on food.

In retrospect, Seth was giving advice directly to Jane and Rob per their request and based on their own bodies and health. It was not meant for everyone.

But then Seth says our bodies can utilize a poor diet, and it's all about our belief.

"A belief in health can help you utilize a "poor" diet to an amazing degree. If you are convinced that a specific food will give you a particular disease, it will indeed do so. It appears that certain vitamins will prevent certain diseases. The belief itself works while you are operating within that framework, of course. A Western doctor may give vitamin shots or pills to a native child in another culture. The child need not know what particular vitamin is being given, or the name for his disease, but if he believes in the physician and Western medicine he will indeed improve, and he will need the vitamins from then on. So will all the other children."
—NoPR Chapter 16: Session 660, May 2, 1973

inavalan

Tangential to this topic: my wife successfully treated our dog with homeopathic remedies, who obviously had no idea that she was treated; she just loved the little sugary pills.

Deb

Quote from: inavalan
my wife successfully treated our dog with homeopathic remedies,

Ha ha, cute! Seth did say we (I'm including all living beings, not just humans) do better with natural remedies than lab-made medicines, you may want to share this quote with your wife. Good for her using a natural remedy on your dog!

"Now in the context of usual Western learning, and with the introduction of modern drugs, you are in somewhat of a quandary. The body knows how to handle "natural" drugs coming directly from the earth — whether ground or boiled, minced or steamed. A large variety of "manufactured" drugs offer an unfamiliarity to the body's innate structure, which can lead to strong defense mechanisms. These are often aimed directly against the drug instead of the disease itself. Such a situation means that you must then use another drug to counteract the one just given."

—NoPR Chapter 7: Session 631, December 18, 1972